Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine and overall it's in good condition, no real issues that stand out. Hoping for others they get a good bust as the QC issues are far to common for
SS. It's not good when your always wondering if your item is going to arrive either damaged, defected, and or with crappy paint apps. Kind of like a lottery now, which sucks. But it is an amazing looking bust.

Got mine and overall it's in good condition, no real issues that stand out. Hoping for others they get a good bust as the QC issues are far to common for
SS. It's not good when your always wondering if your item is going to arrive either damaged, defected, and or with crappy paint apps. Kind of like a lottery now, which sucks. But it is an amazing looking bust.

Congrats sewbacca and glad your happy with it. I also think it's an amazing looking bust just a shame that the paint apps have been so inconsistent with each one.

Will you be attempting to fix the Arc Reactor?

Congrats sewbacca and glad your happy with it. I also think it's an amazing looking bust just a shame that the paint apps have been so inconsistent with each one.

Will you be attempting to fix the Arc Reactor?

Thanks RB10, almost didn't get this because of the issues but crossed my fingers. I'm pondering on doing the arc reactor fix. And thanks for showing us
how easy it is to do this fix, gives us hope:)

Thanks RB10, almost didn't get this because of the issues but crossed my fingers. I'm pondering on doing the arc reactor fix. And thanks for showing us
Couldn't be easier.

Seriously, if I've been capable of doing it (Tx Andy for showing us how), YOU can do it!!! :)

Thanks RB10, almost didn't get this because of the issues but crossed my fingers. I'm pondering on doing the arc realtor fix. And thanks for showing us

No worries my friend :) anytime. Was happy to share the fix as at least it gave some of us hope that this bust could be salvaged...or at least the main defect being the Arc Reactor.

Okay, as for the fix...I have two of these busts and it would appear that each of these Arc Reactors have been glued in with different amounts of adhesive. The first bust was extremely difficult to remove...very stubborn and took me a while to free it from the chest. The second however, was a piece of case. I literally pulled it off with no tools whatsoever...

Give it a go and see what you think. If it's stubborn, try wedging a small thin instrument between the join and try levering it out...but very gently at first...

It is possible my friend

yvusaguj.jpg

ajy9era7.jpg

a8ary2yh.jpg

Aren't you worried that the shelf wont be able to take as much weight if it's only supported on the corners by the wire rope grips? I was considering doing this but was reluctant to put anything on it that was even close to the shelf weight capacity. I assume yours seems fine though?

Yeah, I got lucky too!

Aren't you worried that the shelf wont be able to take as much weight if it's only supported on the corners by the wire rope grips? I was considering doing this but was reluctant to put anything on it that was even close to the shelf weight capacity. I assume yours seems fine though?

It's actually lighter than the spec.

The first thing I looked at when I removed the LSB from the styrofoam was the face plate! ( horror stories!) To me the face embodies the suit , if it had too much damage or a mustache!.... Send it back
aheme6ah.jpg
ahe8ajap.jpg

I find it that if someone were to bump it or say shake the
stand or cabinet it's on it may wobble and tip over due to the arm
being lopsided in wieght. So I told the kids totally off limits and no
touching. So be careful, hate to hear someone's fell and broke an arm.

i sadly bought this statue. i am now on my 3rd exchange. Sideshows QC has taken a dump and yet their prices are going through the roof.

I had light issues, paint issues (the light would shine though the helmet when it was turned on.)

over all a cool statue but not worth the money of the hassle

So after the 3rd exchange i was told they have no replacement statues left that are not defective. The only option i have at this point is to get a refund and reorder the statue and hope that that statue would be better ( apparently they have a set # of statues set off to the side for replacements and they cant replace the statue with a statue from the "real" line up of statues) Or they will send me a defective statue and give me a 25$ credit.

I truly believe the QC issues will haunt Sideshow for some time. Its a sad day at my house today :(

People seem to be told that a lot these days, makes you wonder why so many of the replacements are faulty? They made 3000 of these and people are aware it isn't a great piece over all, wouldn't hurt to offer stock as replacements in this case surely?

Mine arrived yesterday. #602/3000. Overall the assembly is good, no broken or out of place pieces. The paint is decent with the exception of one of two lazyass battle damage brush strokes. No problems with light leaking where it's not supposed to.

I haven't flipped the arc around but I did pry on it a bit. One side is already loosened up and it seems like i could get under it with a dental pick. I'm confident it will detach.

It looks good. I'll keep it.

a1MDgL1.png

People seem to be told that a lot these days, makes you wonder why so many of the replacements are faulty? They made 3000 of these and people are aware it isn't a great piece over all, wouldn't hurt to offer stock as replacements in this case surely?

They went thought 30 replacement prices. I agree with you. This is the second statue that I've had this problem with. The QC at sideshow is at rock bottom.

Mine arrived yesterday. #602/3000. Overall the assembly is good, no broken or out of place pieces. The paint is decent with the exception of one of two lazyass battle damage brush strokes. No problems with light leaking where it's not supposed to.

I haven't flipped the arc around but I did pry on it a bit. One side is already loosened up and it seems like i could get under it with a dental pick. I'm confident it will detach.

It looks good. I'll keep it.

a1MDgL1.png

Glad to hear you got a good one. I sooooooo what to order this piece but I daren't as I just know i'll get a crap one.

Now sideshow is refusing to sell me another of this statue. Because if they do sell it to me and its defective they will not accept a return. What a freaking Joke. The consumer is getting penalized for there crap QC.

Waaaa????
9koHhrP.jpg

apparently the person who was handling my exchange went to the wear house and opened and inspected 30 statues from the replacement line. All were defective. Now there telling me they can refund me the money but if i buy this statue again and the piece is defective they will not accept a return or replacement.

Back