Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoke directly to William at Sideshow tonight and he's gonna personally inspect my order for me. I'm taking a big risk ordering this piece but I've just got to have it in my collection.

Spoke directly to William at Sideshow tonight and he's gonna personally inspect my order for me. I'm taking a big risk ordering this piece but I've just got to have it in my collection.

its a must have for me also but sideshow will not let me have it :( this really really pisses me off.

@spawn - No, according to your own words they have sent you several and said more or less 'We'll only send you another if you promise to stop exchanging'. At this point they've probably concluded you are difficult to accomodate.

I also saw where you have exchanged 3 or 4 Galactus statues.

Popped off the Arc Reactor. That was easy. Just go under the edge with the needle end of a dental pick, pry gently and be patient. It's held on with hot glue. It took me about 3 or 4 minutes.

I need to touch up the gold paint in one spot. One more LSB fixed.

BlYmOq3.jpg

Last edited:
I fixed mine tonight too. It only took one twist and it came right off. Getting it back on however was not as easy. The clear block of plastic on the back of the AR is currently shaped to fit the opening with the AR upside down. This keeps the AR from being completely flat and centered when you try to install it right side up. I had to dremel and reshape it so that it could be installed flat and centered.

Here's what it looks like after I reshaped the block and cleaned it up.

Installed and fixed:

Nicely done Plastik. I'll be getting the dremel out this weekend to do the same.

Everyone has been assuming the error was gluing the part on wrong. The error was actually in keying the piece. The post on the back is shaped to be placed one way in the hole.

It will take a little shaping with the dremel but nothing too difficult. Without doing that mine fits back in but sits a hair off center.

Nicely done Plastik. I'll be getting the dremel out this weekend to do the same.

Everyone has been assuming the error was gluing the part on wrong. The error was actually in keying the piece. The post on the back is shaped to be placed one way in the hole.

It will take a little shaping with the dremel but nothing too difficult. Without doing that mine fits back in but sits a hair off center.

exactly!

Here's what the piece looked like before:

Since Plastik posted a "before" picture here's the "after". I dremeled away between 1/16 to 1/8" on the surfaces closest to the camera, taking a few breaks to test fit. Anyone doing this mod can see you don't need to remove much, the new corner divot is the most important thing.

Arc Reactor will fit perfectly center once glued. Now I need to run out for some hot glue sticks to re-attach the piece.

TAUA9K0.png

For those of us who don't have the heart or courage like Mr. RobertoBagg to paint the missing black "eye liner" which gives Iron Man that menacing look I came up with a cheap, easy, and fool proof way to accomplish this. Gentleman, I present to you the BLACK DRY ERASE MARKER!

Yes I know it's ghetto but hey it got the job done. Any mistakes can be wiped off with a q-tip and the best part is, it's not permanent.

Last edited:
Looks better plastik. Still can't get one because that BD looks awful... Gutted!

that's actually next on my list. Most of the BD is just silver brush strokes painted over the red so I'm going to find a small obscure area and see if it's removable with non acetone nail polish remover

For those of us who don't have the heart or courage like Mr. RobertoBagg to paint the missing black "eye liner" which gives Iron Man that menacing look I came up with a cheap, easy, and fool proof way to accomplish this. Gentleman, I present to you the BLACK DRY ERASE MARKER!

Yes I know it's ghetto but hey it got the job done. Any mistakes can be wiped off with a q-tip and the best part is, it's not permanent.

That's really great work Plastik :clap :clap well done buddy!

thanks Roberto! How's the customizing of that second bust coming along?

Your welcome buddy :duff certainly gives Iron Man that fierce look which is partly the reason why I added the mod in the first place plus I wanted to have it so that it would go with my custom MKVI LIFESIZE bust which also has the black around the eyes ;)

enu3a3as.jpg

The second bust is gonna take a while to customise my friend :( I've got a few things going on at the moment with other projects notably a new Polystone base for my R2 & C3PO PF exclusive plus I'm having my G1 Optimus Prime half scale statue repainted, so the Iron Man is definately something I want to get done before the start of the summer, I just haven't decided whether it will be totally clean yet or if I'll give it some serious battle damage :)

For those wanting to do the arc reactor mod, you do not need to pry. Use a hairdryer to melt the hot glue and the arc reactor pulls right out. I just did mine and it was ultra smooth. Once the art reactor is out, reset the arc reactor to the proper orientation, heat to remelt the glue and let cool. Presto, quick 5 min mod. Hope this helps.

@turtle - I'm sure the hair-dryer works great but if you pop it right back in it will be off-center. It only took me 10 minutes with a dremel tool to grind away enough material to allow correct placement. Highly recommended.

X6ZShk0.jpg

Last edited:
@turtle - I'm sure the hair-dryer works great but if you pop it right back in it will be off-center. It only took me 10 minutes with a dremel tool to grind away enough material to allow correct placement. Highly recommended.

X6ZShk0.jpg

Mine didn't have the off center issue. I guess each bust is different. So the easy way to correct the arc reactor is:

1) Melt glue with hair dryer (no need to pry with tools and risk damaging the paint).

2) Pull arc reactor out.

3) Reinsert arc reactor and see if it sits correctly.

4) Dremel as needed.

Back