Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Andy!!!
Oh... and the 25$ SS credit is now much more appreciated!!! :)

Img_9289.jpg
Img_9290.jpg
Img_9291.jpg

yea they got it wrong.

:lol you think that's weird...check this out! :horror

So I received my second MKVI Bust yesterday (for customising purposes) and was interested to see how consistent the battle damage was on each of my busts. Well, as you'd imagine...there wasn't much consistency at all. I'm guessing as these busts are put infront of a factory worker its literally freedom of choice as to where they decide to apply it :lol For example, as you can see from this comparison pic that one bust has notably more BD on the chest piece than the other...not only that but the bust I received yesterday has literally less than 10% worth of BD on the faceplate compared to my original one which was at least 40% I'd say. Plus I noticed that the faceplate was significantly more brighter than the other :dunno

supahyse.jpg

However, the biggest difference I could see was not the application of BD...instead I noticed that 1) the position of the pump fist arm seemed to be different and at a different angle. The actual position of the wrist seems to have been placed on at a different angle (as shown in this comparison pic) look at the black vertical line below the wrist as a guide...very weird :dunno

by9uta7y.jpg

I also noticed that the second bust appears to be bigger in size??? WTF!! :huh

8e7u6a5y.jpg

Either way, the Arc Reactor on this second bust was a doddle to fix...literally no glue seemed to be used and I literally popped it out with ease! For those who are contemplating this fix, I say give it a go..you may have one that is literally ready to fall off :lol

vybega7y.jpg

Thanks Andy!!!
Oh... and the 25$ SS credit is now much more appreciated!!! :)
View attachment 97352
View attachment 97353
View attachment 97354

Your welcome Marc :hi5: good job on the Arc Reactor my friend....and put that $25 back in your savings! You've got a MKVII LSF to buy still :lecture :lol

Hi, Mark here, finally recieved mine in the UK today and was very dissapointed. The battle damage is incredibly excessive, it actually looks like it was shipped with no packaging and scratched repeatedly. The arc reactor is wrong as everyone now knows. But worst of all is the right arm. When opening mine i noticed the hand wobble. Being a frequent Sideshow buyer i thought that maybe the arm was detachable and held in place with magnets as with several of the PF figures i already own. However upon inspection of the arm i notice a sizeable crack starting at the joint, crack isnt the word really it has completly split.
photo.jpgphoto 2.JPG

I was going to ask for a replacement. But after having to wait 2 years for this since announcement and hearing all of the horror stories on here i think i will take a refund and hope to find one in a local store in better condition instead.

Very dissapointed! As i have said i have used Sideshow several times before for PFs and Leg scale busts but this experience has put me off of using them completly. They really dropped the ball on what could have been an amazing bust IMO.

Rant over, cheers for listening lol.

Hi, Mark here, finally recieved mine in the UK today and was very dissapointed. The battle damage is incredibly excessive, it actually looks like it was shipped with no packaging and scratched repeatedly. The arc reactor is wrong as everyone now knows. But worst of all is the right arm. When opening mine i noticed the hand wobble. Being a frequent Sideshow buyer i thought that maybe the arm was detachable and held in place with magnets as with several of the PF figures i already own. However upon inspection of the arm i notice a sizeable crack starting at the joint, crack isnt the word really it has completly split.
View attachment 97369View attachment 97370

I was going to ask for a replacement. But after having to wait 2 years for this since announcement and hearing all of the horror stories on here i think i will take a refund and hope to find one in a local store in better condition instead.

Very dissapointed! As i have said i have used Sideshow several times before for PFs and Leg scale busts but this experience has put me off of using them completly. They really dropped the ball on what could have been an amazing bust IMO.

Rant over, cheers for listening lol.

Hey Mark, sorry to hear that buddy. That is definitely a nasty crack and don't blame you being so fed up, as are so many others who were thinking of ordered this already...at least you can put the refund money back into something else maybe? Sideshow's Iron Man 3 Maquette line perhaps?

Hmmm that's very interesting. The second bust appears to be taller and wider. Maybe there's two different molds being used? In my opinion I would say bust #1 looks better. Better gold on the faceplate, a more natural wrist/hand placement and less BD on the chest armor. Thank god mine looks like bust #1.

Hmmm that's very interesting. The second bust appears to be taller and wider. Maybe there's two different molds being used? In my opinion I would say bust #1 looks better. Better gold on the faceplate, a more natural wrist/hand placement and less BD on the chest armor. Thank god mine looks like bust #1.

It is pretty strange to have 2 busts and one bigger than the other with the arm at a different angle :lol I knew these busts were inconsistent with the battle damage but not with the size :slap Bust 1 is my original one...infact, to not confuse things further, the chest piece on bust 1 (with less battle damage) is actually from bust 2...I swapped them round :lol :lol

It is pretty strange to have 2 busts and one bigger than the other with the arm at a different angle :lol I knew these busts were inconsistent with the battle damage but not with the size :slap Bust 1 is my original one...infact, to not confuse things further, the chest piece on bust 1 (with less battle damage) is actually from bust 2...I swapped them round :lol :lol

That's a good move. It looks better that way. Too bad you can't move the arm and face plate from bust 1 to the bigger one because bigger is better :)

That's a good move. It looks better that way. Too bad you can't move the arm and face plate from bust 1 to the bigger one because bigger is better :)

That's what she said! :naughty :lol

Yea, it doesn't bother me too much...I've got two so that I can customise one of them to have it maybe totally clean or ultra battle damaged...we'll see how it goes. Now that I've seen yours hitting the scales at a whopping 12.5Kg, I'd love to know how heavy my big boy is! :horror

Ok quick update.
Sideshow have authorised a full refund (including the NRD which is lucky.)
But for international orders instead of returning the bust they want me to destroy it!
Now i know im not happy with it, but its going to be pretty hard for me to deliberatly destroy it, when all it would take is a little super glue and from a quick inspection it would look fine.
Seems like such a waste to me as a part of me would rather keep it, faults and all, than see it destroyed. However Sideshow will require pictures before they authorise the refund.
Very bizarre, never heard of a returns policy like this before but i suppose it saves them on the $60 shipping?

Ok quick update.
Sideshow have authorised a full refund (including the NRD which is lucky.)
But for international orders instead of returning the bust they want me to destroy it!
Now i know im not happy with it, but its going to be pretty hard for me to deliberatly destroy it, when all it would take is a little super glue and from a quick inspection it would look fine.
Seems like such a waste to me as a part of me would rather keep it, faults and all, than see it destroyed. However Sideshow will require pictures before they authorise the refund.
Very bizarre, never heard of a returns policy like this before but i suppose it saves them on the $60 shipping?

Yeah, they're like that with most things, even on small stuff like figures they'll send a new part and you have to destroy the one with the flaw, even on something where it seems like shipping would be trivial. It's clear that they don't see any value in trying to repair parts. I'm sure it makes sense to them financially, but yeah it doesn't make it any easier for us to have to crush something that has comparatively minor issues, even if we do want satisfaction for the problem.

Standard policy for them to ask you to destroy the item.
So you're getting a refund instead if a replacement?
I believe it's not easy to get a further refund from Fed-Ex.

If ss had any sense they would open all the remaining busts and destroy the rubbish ones so further sales are not met with disappointments and then destruction .

:lol you think that's weird...check this out! :horror

So I received my second MKVI Bust yesterday (for customising purposes) and was interested to see how consistent the battle damage was on each of my busts. Well, as you'd imagine...there wasn't much consistency at all. I'm guessing as these busts are put infront of a factory worker its literally freedom of choice as to where they decide to apply it :lol For example, as you can see from this comparison pic that one bust has notably more BD on the chest piece than the other...not only that but the bust I received yesterday has literally less than 10% worth of BD on the faceplate compared to my original one which was at least 40% I'd say. Plus I noticed that the faceplate was significantly more brighter than the other :dunno

supahyse.jpg

However, the biggest difference I could see was not the application of BD...instead I noticed that 1) the position of the pump fist arm seemed to be different and at a different angle. The actual position of the wrist seems to have been placed on at a different angle (as shown in this comparison pic) look at the black vertical line below the wrist as a guide...very weird :dunno

by9uta7y.jpg

I also noticed that the second bust appears to be bigger in size??? WTF!! :huh

8e7u6a5y.jpg

Either way, the Arc Reactor on this second bust was a doddle to fix...literally no glue seemed to be used and I literally popped it out with ease! For those who are contemplating this fix, I say give it a go..you may have one that is literally ready to fall off :lol

vybega7y.jpg

Your welcome Marc :hi5: good job on the Arc Reactor my friend....and put that $25 back in your savings! You've got a MKVII LSF to buy still :lecture :lol

Wow you got two of them. Holy cow lol. Yeah it does look different in size.

@RobertoBagg10 - Can you do a few Width x Height measurements to give us an idea of the size differences? The perspective in the camera angle makes it tough to know exactly.

Considering the many delays I'm less surprised to see the differences between two units. If anything I'm a bit happier knowing there's are some "one of a kind" qualities to each statue. I'm more concerned with QC issues like the broken arm and wonky faceplates.

I re-opened my order some time back and will get mine early next month. We'll see how my fortunes go.

And yes, I will be flipping the chest piece around.

Last edited:
Wow you got two of them. Holy cow lol. Yeah it does look different in size.

:lol :lol I did indeed Patrix :yess: gonna customise one of them brother and keep one standard ;)

@RobertoBagg10 - Can you do a few Width x Height measurements to give us an idea of the size differences? The perspective in the camera angle makes it tough to know exactly.

Just put them both in the boxes for the time being :( as soon as they're out again I'll remember to get the tape measure out...rest assured though that one is definately bigger than the other :wink1:

It wasn't clear are the individual plates bigger on one? Or is this a case of the same parts glued together differently and changing the overall size?

Back