Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys. this is my review of figure Mark II Armor Unleashed Version Hot Toys. click on ''like'', because help publicize!!! Thanks!!! XD

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbJ5bAAJoT0[/ame]

Current group pic, could barely fit them all in with the current back drop I have. I'm about to pack them all up since I'm moving soon and wanted to take one last group pic before I did.

Hot Toys Iron Man group by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I think all of the releases can look good at certain angles and weird at others, even the IV and VI can look odd at times. Even the original Mark III can look great depending on the angle. What really sets both the Mark I and the new Mark II apart is that they always look good no matter from what angle you photograph them. Doesn't really come off to well in photos or even videos. It's really something you need to see in person.

Pretty Awesome! See that you don't have Mk III BD, did you never buy it or sold it off because of his petit waist. :) Totally agree about the Mk III though.

Also, with reference to the movie, could Mk V actually fly? I thought of him as a mere contingency suit used in dire situations.

Pretty Awesome! See that you don't have Mk III BD, did you never buy it or sold it off because of his petit waist. :) Totally agree about the Mk III though.

Also, with reference to the movie, could Mk V actually fly? I thought of him as a mere contingency suit used in dire situations.

This was debated a while back (I think in the Mk.V thread).

Anyway, my argument is that, because the suit is designed to be portable, it needs to be thinner and weight kept to a minimum. Therefor it also lacks the functions for flight.

Just take a look at the back of the armor. No spoilers or aerofoils needed for maneuvering/braking during flight.

I never bought the BD MKIII because I like the original one more. It has a more accurate paint job and the BD also just makes the short legs and thin waist of the original MK III worse by giving it a bigger chest and larger shoulders.

Mark V: He's jump punching, which he does in the movie using the boot RT's :)

wow dedguy you manage to even make the original mark III look good in that pic lol...

The original Mark III can look great if you photograph it a certain way. Problem is in-hand it don't look so hot on the proportions.

Hot Toys Iron Man by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Hot Toys Iron Man by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Like I said, even the newer Mark IV and VI can look a bit dodgy from certain angles and in certain poses. Again, as I said above, what really got me about the AU II in person is just how great it looks all the time. You can pose it awkwardly sure, but just from a body proportion stand point it looks great no matter how you look at it and it has the physical presence a suit of armor like this seems like it should have.

There's so many little things that make it work so much better than the previous Mark II. For example the biceps are actually a bit bigger which makes the shoulders look more correct and it look more like a suit of armor.

Just take a look at the back of the armor. No spoilers or aerofoils needed for maneuvering/braking during flight.

Makes sense. Just that whenever I see V above the ground, defying gravity, it seems to me that he's flying; which I my book he shouldn't be doing! :lol

Mark V: He's jump punching, which he does in the movie using the boot RT's :)

Point taken. :)

3452440265_fe309a41f9_b.jpg

Wow! Here it looks like the Best suit in the line. :lecture

Current group pic, could barely fit them all in with the current back drop I have. I'm about to pack them all up since I'm moving soon and wanted to take one last group pic before I did.

Hot Toys Iron Man group by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I think all of the releases can look good at certain angles and weird at others, even the IV and VI can look odd at times. Even the original Mark III can look great depending on the angle. What really sets both the Mark I and the new Mark II apart is that they always look good no matter from what angle you photograph them. Doesn't really come off to well in photos or even videos. It's really something you need to see in person.

very cool pic man thanks

I was trying to hold off ordering this for a bit, but i couldn't so order placed! :yess: :lol

Pizza, Awesome pics, bro!

Love the way you displayed the Mk.II AU so that you can really appreciate the fine amount of details behind the armor. :clap

I wish I had a Stark figure too so that I can display him working on the Mk.II armor.

As it is, I just have the Mk.II displayed on the table with parts scattered about.

Back