Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get manufacturing defects and other issues in cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Ferrari 458 Italia's where catching fire. I'm not saying it doesn't suck, it does and I hope everything works out for you guys. It's just anything manufactured, particularly really complex things like Hot Toys figures, are going to have the occasional issue that slips through quality control.

Like I said it sucks, but generally retailers are really good about replacements. The problems I think arise when people buy things from people off eBay and the like.

that's exactly why I don't buy new figures off of ebay.....only used figures I can get pics of first...

Damn, this guy is cool. I've been missing out on the best Hot Toys stuff with this line. I want Mark III 2.0 :lol

Impressive pics but I'm not liking the neck mod, looks to much like a hunch back :lol

True but then you don't get to see all that internal detail and it's a shame to not show it off. I could admire the immense detail for hours. :D

This for me as well, but that's the magic about this figure that should we ever get bored looking at the amazing detail we can suit him up and it'll be like looking at a new figure :yess:

Here's some turn arounds. Compare it to some human profiles like this: https://fc02.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/035/b/c/Female_Face_Profile_Stock_by_Enchantedgal_Stock.jpg

Human necks tend towards a forward leaning angle and 1/6 makers tend towards making necks perfectly perpendicular to the spine, which looks weird and awkward.

It's not perfect, I'd actually like the neck to sit a bit deeper in the chest and be at a slightly less forward angle but without removing the ball joint from the torso I can't really do that.

All the same I think it looks significantly better, particularly from the front.

Iron Man MKII (neck mod) by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Yeah but he's in a titanium alloy suit, natural posture has nothing to do with it :lol

I don't understand that logic. He's still a human in a very close fitting armored suit. A human in a suit of medieval armor still has human posture and so does Iron Man. The neck being upright like it is, I don't think is even possible without also looking up and even then the neck is still at an angle where it connects to the shoulders, it just curves as it moves towards the base of the skull.

For example: https://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3514189/young_mans_head_looking_up_profile_faa019000239.jpg

Just go look at photos of faces in profile. It varies a bit from person to person but the neck is always at a forward angle away from the shoulders. And regardless, you can't say this looks more like the film still than this does.

It's cool if you like yours as is. I like mine this way and it's not like it does any permanent damage. And like I said, it's not perfect, but at least it's a position the neck could actually be in.

I don't understand that logic. He's still a human in a very close fitting armored suit. A human in a suit of medieval armor still has human posture and so does Iron Man. The neck being upright like it is, I don't think is even possible without also looking up and even then the neck is still at an angle where it connects to the shoulders, it just curves as it moves towards the base of the skull.

For example: https://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3514189/young_mans_head_looking_up_profile_faa019000239.jpg

Just go look at photos of faces in profile. It varies a bit from person to person but the neck is always at a forward angle away from the shoulders. And regardless, you can't say this looks more like the film still than this does.

It's cool if you like yours as is. I like mine this way and it's not like it does any permanent damage. And like I said, it's not perfect, but at least it's a position the neck could actually be in.

Couldn't agree more on this. Though not as technical as your explaination, but from a layman's perspective, normally nobody stands with 'chin up, chest out, stomach in' unless you're in the army.

I understand it this way: Your body tends to take the shape in which it feels most comfortable. At the same time, it is not necessary that the posture that comes naturally to one, will be good anatomically / health wise. For example many people (including me) tend to slouch in the chair while working on a desktop. Its not good, but we do it because we feel 'relaxed'. Same might go for the "poor posture" of neck thing.

Imagine the billionare, stylish, 'couldn't care less attitude' casanova Tony Stark standing in his suit like a marine (And "natural posture of the man" has got everything to do with it as it is him and not the "titanium alloy suit" who's in control):

Attention.jpg

Also, a better example will be this shot as it was taken from the front where the camera was almost looking in the eye of IM rather than looking 'upwards':

IMMII.png

Last edited:
BB&WSF: yeah and even in that pic of rigid military posture you have the neck leaning forward considerably. It's just anatomically the way the human body works. If you look at a spine from the side in a naturally relaxed posture it has a very noticeable s-curve.

It's been out in Asia for awhile I do believe and Sideshow started shipping last week.

Back