Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Mark II yesterday. My first IM, and I'm really impressed. One minor fault though, missing foot-joint screw:

scaled.php

Bought from Toys2. Anyone know if I deal through them to get a replacement boot or do I go through HT?

Got my Mark II yesterday. My first IM, and I'm really impressed. One minor fault though, missing foot-joint screw:

scaled.php

Bought from Toys2. Anyone know if I deal through them to get a replacement boot or do I go through HT?

Talked to Toys2 first. They should be able to either help or get you in the right direction.

I got mine today and dang if it doesn't have a problem; his Panties (or whatever you want to call that part) has a spot rubbed off it that looks like he has a low bellybutton. That's my third Hot Toys figure in a row that I've had a problem with. First was shipping and when it arrived the box was trash, second had a glued/broken wrist peg, and now the third rubbed off paint. For the hundreds these figures cost I should have "0" defects and problems. Now I've got to go through the waiting game with customer service "Again" for emails, pictures, more emails and shipping (sending the whole figure back), or waiting for shipping to get a replacement part. :gah: :gah:

IMG_1628.jpg

You get manufacturing defects and other issues in cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Ferrari 458 Italia's where catching fire. I'm not saying it doesn't suck, it does and I hope everything works out for you guys. It's just anything manufactured, particularly really complex things like Hot Toys figures, are going to have the occasional issue that slips through quality control.

Like I said it sucks, but generally retailers are really good about replacements. The problems I think arise when people buy things from people off eBay and the like.

You get manufacturing defects and other issues in cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Ferrari 458 Italia's where catching fire. I'm not saying it doesn't suck, it does and I hope everything works out for you guys. It's just anything manufactured, particularly really complex things like Hot Toys figures, are going to have the occasional issue that slips through quality control.

Like I said it sucks, but generally retailers are really good about replacements. The problems I think arise when people buy things from people off eBay and the like.

All three figures came from Sideshow and like I said they've been all in a row; that's not occasional. :mad:

I've seen just Ironman legs for sale on EBay, so does anyone know how to remove the legs without messing any thing up. Maybe the pants part will slide off after that.

I'd like to just get the part replaced if at all possible.

Talked to Toys2 first. They should be able to either help or get you in the right direction.

Thanks. Fired off an email. Hopefully they can take care of me. It would suck to have to buy the part off eBay.

In my experience with Hot Toys, something is always slightly defective, be it a small paint rub, a broken ankle joint, or a missing part. It is a piss off, and unfortunately, I've come to expect something being wrong with any of their products I order of which is becoming less and less.

In the large scheme of things it is. One person is not a meaningful data set :p You just had some bad luck is all.

The legs do come off. I popped one off by accident and it popped back on easily. They're just held on with a very simple ball-in-socket joint. No harder to pull off than the lower legs are from the knees. I heard ya on just wanting to get the part. Always sucks if you have to send something back.

The only issues I've had with Hot Toys where a batch of nude bodies I got all around the same time. All of them the knees fell apart. Never happened to any bodies I bought before or since.

I checked the way the figure was packeged and it looks like where Hot Toys added the tray for the Sideshow exclusive items that it may have put some extra pressure on that area of the figure and caused the rub. Anyone else getting a SS exclusive may need to look that spot over on theirs as well.

It's really not a huge deal, and I only really notice it when comparing to actual screen grabs, but given how much work they put into this, it's such a shame they didn't also re-do the forearms.

Other than the forearms and with the reverse neck it looks pretty damn similar to the movie. I must admit though, I do dig that shield arm thingie way more than I was expecting to.

I'm also fairly certain the whole torso is totally new, so pretty much the only thing that it shares with the BD Mark III are the forearms. I think… very interested to hear what people who own both the BD MK III and the AU MK II think.

Rockin the photos, dedguy! :rock

As much as I love the figure built, I had to go with the dismantled version since I too have the original.

I get that, but for me that would be a shame as all put together I think it's the best Iron Man figure to date by a pretty wide margin.

True but then you don't get to see all that internal detail and it's a shame to not show it off. I could admire the immense detail for hours. :D

6840114066_ec6d8c7911_b.jpg

6840114340_0935efd739_b.jpg

6986233803_e3a946b9d3_b.jpg

The mech test boots, while nice kinda bug me as they're too short and too big.

Back