Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark IV (Holographic Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't the diecast pieces replaced with plastic on this though?

As far as I know, no. The Toys Wonderland listing says it contains diecast material, so I assumed it was the same exact internals as the normal Mark IV (the mold is identical too). But yeah I?ll eat my words if I'm wrong.

Interesting that this is plastic and not diecast? Is this using the old Mark 4 mold or the new diecast mold but with plastic instead?

Curious on the price if it's plastic.

Do you have a normal die cast Ironman ? If yes, have a look how many of the pieces are actually metal.

Yeah hopefully this at least informs more people how much of the figures are actually diecast, and mainly just in the internals. Forces people to realize the actual exterior isn't metal. Feels like the diecast vs plastic debate days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like it will be exactly the same molding and construction except for any of the outer pieces that would normally also have diecast in them. Obviously that would be the easiest and most cost-effective way for them to do it. The Hot Toys FB album description describes it as containing diecast material.

Yeah hopefully this at least informs more people how much of the figures are actually diecast, and mainly just in the internals. Forces people to realize the actual exterior isn't metal. Feels like the diecast vs plastic debate days.

Some bits, like the thighs, usually have diecast on the outside as well. You can feel the coldness from the metal on those parts.

Some bits, like the thighs, usually have diecast on the outside as well. You can feel the coldness from the metal on those parts.

Oh I know, just the majority of the diecast lies on the interior which is what I was focused on. But again I could be totally wrong here in the first place, just going based off Hot Toy?s description.

Aren't the diecast pieces replaced with plastic on this though?

Yeah but probabaly about the same amount of diecast since the legs on most are hollow (i ripped the WM MK1 apart) and this one has more metal inside. I would bet they weigh close to the same.

Looks like something made by their kids slave workers after shift.

I think it's original, something different and I skipped the mark IV and so but.. Would I spend $350 for an armor that did not show actually in any film? Not for me, sorry.

Is it really THAT profitable whenever HT churns out these rando IM figs...like I have never have any interest in them. This is an instant pass for me... :nono

LOL I'm surprised they didn't release these funky things earlier. They had prototypes displayed at their shows many years ago

View attachment 489007

View attachment 489008

Honestly this one looks a lot better than the various fantasy holo armor prototypes that haunted the old shows, they were too transparent and just looked like noise. The lines and outer details are more defined on this one at least

Did anyone in the UK collect crazy bones as a kid? And it was cool to get the rare sharkeys in different translucent plastics like this? That was cool, in the 90's, as a kid. As a big kid, not in the 90's, this isn't cool.

the pictures show lights in the forearms & rib area & the removeable shoulder missile launchers things the normal plastic version does not have so ?290 + postage from TWHK 2nd batch is not that bad, after all 2nd hand custom clear plastic versions crop up at ?600.

Back