Interesting THE DEAD news on future products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be a bummer if the 12" line disappears...

The thing I'm most concerned over is this means we would now be down to just 2 active 1/6 lines from Sideshow (SW and GI Joe). While Indy is rumored to make a comeback it doesn't seem like there are any new ones coming from Sideshow.

For some time I've had this gut feeling that Sideshow will be getting out of the 12" business altogether - and probably sooner rather than later. Though I hope I'm wrong, it sure does seem like the writing is on the wall. They make so much more money with PF's and statues they probably plan to devote full time to that. And there is only so much time. Again, I'd prefer to be wrong on this one.

For years, I had naively hoped that they were going to produce A Roy from F13 part V :(

For some time I've had this gut feeling that Sideshow will be getting out of the 12" business altogether - and probably sooner rather than later. Though I hope I'm wrong, it sure does seem like the writing is on the wall. They make so much more money with PF's and statues they probably plan to devote full time to that. And there is only so much time. Again, I'd prefer to be wrong on this one.

For years, I had naively hoped that they were going to produce A Roy from F13 part V :(

Used to feel the same way, but now only an idiot would think otherwise. :(

I absolutely felt like SS was going to get out of the 1:6 biz altogether, but then look at the list of all of the new bodied Star Wars aliens they said they are releasing this year (Gammorrean, Hammerhead, etc), and SW environments, and even 1:6 SW vehicles they are talking about. That's some serious coin to drop for such a cheap company, so they are at least sticking with their cash cow.

You'd think SW would help them to continue to do the smaller things like the DEAD, particularly since there is no license fee with that.

Back