Interesting THE DEAD news on future products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I consider a statement like this from Sideshow a death sentence. It doesn't always get carried out right away but its coming. I'm going to get rid of all my 12" figures.

Like nam said, I'm happy to add hordes of 12" zombies to my shelf amongst my other 1/6 figures.

But just random zombies in PF and Bust form? No way. I wouldn't even buy a PF Bub or Dr. Tongue, or Tarman, let alone something some random guy at sideshow dreamed up.

Patient Zero PF hype was just BS because of the low ES, its a mediocre release at best, this line will be gone quickly when they run out of people to feed on.

Well, I consider a statement like this from Sideshow a death sentence. It doesn't always get carried out right away but its coming. I'm going to get rid of all my 12" figures.

Like nam said, I'm happy to add hordes of 12" zombies to my shelf amongst my other 1/6 figures.

But just random zombies in PF and Bust form? No way. I wouldn't even buy a PF Bub or Dr. Tongue, or Tarman, let alone something some random guy at sideshow dreamed up.

Patient Zero PF hype was just BS because of the low ES, its a mediocre release at best, this line will be gone quickly when they run out of people to feed on.

Ouch...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lOjbiNxURlI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lOjbiNxURlI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>​

95% sure the 12" is done. This is how SS typically tip toes around a direct answer which eventually turns into a line being 'on hold' then fading away into nothing. That sux.

dammit..................wtf kind of props am i gonna do now??......:mad:

PZ PF is freaking Awesome.. I'm glad I got one. But the 12" line is where it's at.. Sometimes I HATE SS!

If the 1:6 line is dead then I'll most likely sell my collection on eBay. My collection has evolved from 1:6s to PFs, so the extra money would help fill the holes in my collection.

The other thing I'll be saving on is space. A collection of a dozen 1:6 zombies takes up considerably more display space than a single PF or even a 1:1 bust. Heck, I might even sell off some other Sideshow 1:6 collections, like Platoon, X-Files or Monty Python.

This cancellation might just be the kick in the pants I needed to thin out my collection. Lemons into lemonade and all that jazz...

Still quite glad I bailed on this line when I did. Was able to sell all of the figures for decent coin, too.

I feel bad for those of who stuck with it this long. :(

Still quite glad I bailed on this line when I did. Was able to sell all of the figures for decent coin, too.

I feel bad for those of who stuck with it this long. :(

I don't understand this mentality. If and when the line ends, are they not cool figures anymore? If the value goes down they aren't worth having in a collection?

I don't understand this mentality. If and when the line ends, are they not cool figures anymore? If the value goes down they aren't worth having in a collection?

I agree.. I'll still keep mine! After all they are the best Zombies on the market! :rock

Sure, a lot of the existing DEAD figures will be cool no matter what. I jumped out because 1) they started putting them on the Pro body, when ironically the Buck probably works better for zombies than anything else, thus unnecessarily jacking up the price. And, 2) the rehashed figures we're pretty ridiculous, especially for this theme.

Also, I personally think the zombie thing is mostly a fad (for the most part, there are some longtime Romero folks among us) and it ran its course for me earlier than most. And I'm not a cluttering collector. Meaning, I don't just like having a ton of random stuff on display around my house and office no matter how much room I have. So 5-6 zombie figures (that aren't tied to any specific movie, book or TV property) just didn't make much sense FOR ME. So I sold 'em. Kept my 2 custom WWI zombies, though... and I did get the DUST Zombie, 'cause it was a kewl figure for a great price.

I really do feel bad for everyone who was continuing to collect all of the DEAD 12" figures, because they stuck with the line even when Sideshow probably didn't deserve it. And that's just the thing... the line isn't dying because of lack of popularity. Like the LOTR & INDY 12" hiccups, it's floundering because of Sideshow's own missteps and unfortunate decisions.

It'll be a bummer if the 12" line disappears... but if it does I still have a great zombie hoarde to show for my efforts. And in all honesty the 2 Detolf shelves I had dedicated to them are just about full.

The thing I'm most concerned over is this means we would now be down to just 2 active 1/6 lines from Sideshow (SW and GI Joe). While Indy is rumored to make a comeback it doesn't seem like there are any new ones coming from Sideshow.

Yeah, if its dead my zombie collection is still quite cool looking. Just hope we get more sometime.

I hope they make a zombie serial killer who wears like a red and green sweater, has a knife glove and a funny hat. I suppose it would be cool if he had some burns, like people had tried killing him with fire... or maybe a zombie killer who wears a blue/spruce green boiler suit and a plain white mask?

If the 1:6 line is dead then I'll most likely sell my collection on eBay. My collection has evolved from 1:6s to PFs, so the extra money would help fill the holes in my collection.

The other thing I'll be saving on is space. A collection of a dozen 1:6 zombies takes up considerably more display space than a single PF or even a 1:1 bust. Heck, I might even sell off some other Sideshow 1:6 collections, like Platoon, X-Files or Monty Python.

This cancellation might just be the kick in the pants I needed to thin out my collection. Lemons into lemonade and all that jazz...

____ that. If Sideshow winds up being [insert any derogatory adjective here] enough to cancel the 1:6 line, I'm not only grateful for what they've produced, but the only way I'll even part with them is when I look like them. And then my kids can fight the Will stipulation that I be buried with them. :lol

I'm not only grateful for what they've produced, but the only way I'll even part with them is when I look like them. And then my kids can fight the Will stipulation that I be buried with them. :lol

I'm totally greatful for what they've done. Its really one of the cooler lines I've collected outside of things like He-Man, GI Joe, LOTR, Indy, and SW (things from my childhood in other words). These things are just fun to collect and get. I mean how can anyone not love getting a goofy zombie figure?

Back