Interesting THE DEAD news on future products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like they are taking a page(so to speak) from Max Brook's zombie graphic novel "Recorded Attacks". I just learned about it, for anyone who has read his Surival Guide at the back theres various "historic" accounts of zombie attacks. Well since he has put out a graphic novel featuring some of these attacks, apperently one is about an African tribe, another is celts vs. Roman legions and don't really know what else. Though the cover does seem to have a zombie ninja, which is all kinds of crazy.

Monday, March 29th, 2010
Any chance for a Dead 12-inch clown?…along with the crazy cat lady?

We’re reviewing The Dead 12-inch line plan at the moment.

Isn't that the famous Sideshow double-speak for hiatus/cancelled?

Monday, March 29th, 2010

It could go either way, but given that they've already reached out into LSBs and PFs, I wouldn't be surprised. It's their motto. :(

I actually hope that means they may do historical 1:6 too. You know Sideshow LOVES to re-use things to keep costs down and they did do a lot of historical lines in the past...

A.The Dead PF line is going to take a more unique approach in the future and not be based on 12-inch subjects – we are even looking at historical zombie accounts throughout history. Meaning mostly that they will be based on period themes.

Guys what are yall freakin out about.. the statement didnt say they werent going to do 12" format dead figures.. the statement says they arent going to do Dead Premium Format figures based on the 12" format.. It appears to me that means No other figures based on figures that have already been made in the 12" format such as Patient Zero.. But perhaps I am mistaken.. I would hate to think they are considering not making more dead figures that are based on the expanding of there dead world. such as no more subjects..

Guys what are yall freakin out about.. the statement didnt say they werent going to do 12" format dead figures..

Absolutely true, but then there was this one...

Monday, March 29th, 2010

Sideshow seems to think it is broke. Why do you think otherwise?

Its not that I think otherwise just that I think they aren't looking at it right. They moved Zombies to the Pro. There was no need to if any figures would look fantastic on the ol' Buck it'd be zombies with rigor set in. That raised the price. They didn't follow through on many zombies that were hinted at during their little film days which were locked and loaded ideas they could have just gone to that would minimize research and development...that extended times. Then of course the variant debacle. Its ONLY broken because Sideshow did so, if they went back to basics, focused on the subjects and simplistic ideas, maybe even going back to the Pro to lower costs I guarantee you the line would gain momentum and head back to top sellers but no one is going say "I will pass on a Star Wars clone because the next Dead is coming out at the same price" The Dead used to be easy to compliment what you were already collecting and not something seriously competing with it. Fixing the line does not include period costuming and moving away from 1:6. So Sideshow may think its broke but I think otherwise simply because they aren't pointing the finger at themselves.

Monday, March 29th, 2010

Its more SSC famous double speak for don't expect anything anytime soon. Although I don't doubt the appearance of a variant while they are still deciding.

I would hate to think they are considering not making more dead figures that are based on the expanding of there dead world. such as no more subjects..

It sounds like they are trying to move away from the subjects and into random zombies. That makes me upset because especially with the numbering of the zombies they left it open to do dozens.

I don't care if they do subject xyz or random types of zombies. I just don't want this line to end. Its a fun simple line to collect and if it dies for PF's and busts that kind of stings a bit as a 1:6th collector.

I don't care if they do subject xyz or random types of zombies. I just don't want this line to end. Its a fun simple line to collect and if it dies for PF's and busts that kind of stings a bit as a 1:6th collector.

No, no, no, its never been a simple line to collect :lol

Plus bust and PFs cost about 3x as much as their 1:6 figures. Thats what made this line fun in the first place simple but cool 1:6th zombies to add to the collection. Love the PFs but keep the 12" line going!

No, no, no, its never been a simple line to collect :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture Especially for the completist (International babysitter :monkey4). But I'm wondering if Josh didn't mean for "display" purposes.

Plus bust and PFs cost about 3x as much as their 1:6 figures. Thats what made this line fun in the first place simple but cool 1:6th zombies to add to the collection. Love the PFs but keep the 12" line going!

It just seems ironic. It's one thing to have a 1:6 zombie horde on a shelf. But expecting collectors to have a slew of 18" zombies, 1:2 scale busts and 1:1 busts scattered about is pretty ballsy. Compared to the 1:6 line, especially given the price and size, I see this genre ending with a headshot if Sideshow bails on the 1:6.

everything ends right?

They were becoming a bit out there in terms of selection, less scary and more of a tongue in cheek goofy. How long could they continue the 'different occupation' routine before it became played out or ridiculous?

That said, there are still more than a few cool 1:6 selections left I'd wager. They just need some fresh ideas and innovations, imo. And historical zombie PF/busts sounds intriguing but I'm not sure what the game plan is there.

Last edited:
:lecture:lecture:lecture Especially for the completist (International babysitter :monkey4). But I'm wondering if Josh didn't mean for "display" purposes.

It just seems ironic. It's one thing to have a 1:6 zombie horde on a shelf. But expecting collectors to have a slew of 18" zombies, 1:2 scale busts and 1:1 busts scattered about is pretty ballsy. Compared to the 1:6 line, especially given the price and size, I see this genre ending with a headshot if Sideshow bails on the 1:6.

Yeah, I dont think there is gonna be a huge demand for 1:1 bust and these super expensive pecies when there are other lines out there that are the same cost but more popular.

everything ends right?

They were becoming a bit out there in terms of selection, less scary and more of a tongue in cheek goofy. How long could they continue the 'different occupation' routine before it became played out or ridiculous?

I don't know if I could say there are running out of ideas for regular zombies if I haven't gotten a #@!#$! bride zombie yet! :) besides, they don't all need careers, just gory new kinds of wounds!

I think certain historical zombies made 1:6 would be cool as well though, actually. And like I said before, Sideshow can be so freaking cheap, I'm sure they'd want to reuse their historical line costumes (and why I never got an undead bride). :(

If 1:6 historical happens too and someone prefers their zombies modern, just say it was Halloween when that guy dressed as a pirate was bit.

I MIGHT buy the PZ 1:1 depending on price... but thats it. I'm not spending anymore on PFs/busts. Just the 12"ers for me.

Love the PFs but keep the 12" line going!

The PZ PF looks cool as does the UDC but having all the 1:6th its something kind of special.

Well, both actually. I've got all of them and really had no problem getting the IB. They did offer her a couple years ago during spook for those that didn't get her the first time through international sellers. PZ is a bit of a pain if you missed him but I guess I should say easy if you have them all from the start or after you got PZ.

Back