INDY Fedora at SS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if i had the beaver one, id rub my face in it alot. mmmmmmm......beaver.

Cool Joke at the Beaver Fedora Hat Five!

293.scrubs.121007.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

I read on some of the Indy gear enthusiast forums that Adventurebilt is rumored to be working on a mass-produced version of their hat. Speculation puts the price in the $150 ballpark.

Thanks, Josh. I REALLY like the look of that retooled HJ...

You're welcome. I've thought of getting that one myself. I still can't afford it.:monkey2 I decided to get the closest thing to a stock HJ at only $136 (after shipping). It's called Christy's Adventurer, and it's basically the same materials that the HJ Poets are made from. I ordered it here.Adventurer It should arrive tomorrow.:D

-Josh

does anyone know how well the 2 hats (excluding the $500 one) on SS's site will handle rain, sweat, etc.?

Al, the wool fedora cannot get wet. If it does, it will dye a strange blue-ish green color. I don't know this from personal experience, but I know of a lot of people who have worn one in the rain or tried to reshape and/or weather it. It has never turned out well.

-Josh

Al, the wool fedora cannot get wet. If it does, it will dye a strange blue-ish green color. I don't know this from personal experience, but I know of a lot of people who have worn one in the rain or tried to reshape and/or weather it. It has never turned out well.

-Josh

that's what I figured. thanks man.

You're welcome. I've thought of getting that one myself. I still can't afford it.:monkey2 I decided to get the closest thing to a stock HJ at only $136 (after shipping). It's called Christy's Adventurer, and it's basically the same materials that the HJ Poets are made from. I ordered it here.Adventurer It should arrive tomorrow.:D

-Josh
That looks like the hat for me . can you tell me what colour you ordered it in please :D

Definitely. Wool hats aren't really very durable. For that, you want at least rabbit fur, but preferably beaver (please, no more lame jokes from the cheap seats ;))

I agree here. Beaver is very durable. You can get it wet repeatedly and it holds up really well although its not indestructable. Especially after getting it wet repeatedly it has a tendancy to show wear and tear. Not sure about rabbits fur though....That being said I went with the cheapy one since in reality I'm not going to go out "trooping" in it anyway.

I agree here. Beaver is very durable. You can get it wet repeatedly and it holds up really well although its not indestructable. Especially after getting it wet repeatedly it has a tendancy to show wear and tear. Not sure about rabbits fur though....That being said I went with the cheapy one since in reality I'm not going to go out "trooping" in it anyway.

What? No archeology adventures in Egypt or South America in your future?

But seriously, I already have an older version of the cheapy one (it's actually somewhere between the current $40 and $100 versions in terms of quality - I paid about $50 for it 15 years or so ago). It's nice, but the narrow brim always bugs me. I'm thinking about going for one of the new, slightly more expensive alternatives. But I don't think my wife would go for $400 for "just a hat".

Ah. What the hell. There were some great ones in there about the pieces Lonnie! Should have at least given a warning before taking them out.....

Back