Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I watched Cowboys and Aliens last week, and I thought the role HF played was terrific. That guy was who I pictured the Raiders of the Lost Ark Indy to have aged into. He was grouchy, mean, intense, closed up emotionally, and really tough. He wasn't afraid to use a gun, that's for sure.

:lecture :exactly:

:clap

They had so many opportunities with Skull and missed nearly them all. This will be Harrison's last Indy mosty likely hope they can make it great like the first three, i think they should get Jet Li to play a old Short Round.

Captain Mal, FTW! :rock

Nathan Fillion is one of those well-rounded actors that can do just about anything when it comes to Hollywood.

He missed out on being Nathan Drake for the Uncharted movie, it would only seem fitting. I still can't believe they went with Marky Mark on that one. :slap

i cant get myself to watch that dreck cowboys and...."aliens". damn, its hard to even type that inane title. im not a big scifi fan in general, with only a few exaceptions. if anything i like the "old" scifi from the 50's, the kind of stuff that indy 4 was influenced by because those were fun and funny. i had just watched forbidden planet and thought it was very good, lighyears better then todays junk.

but anyway, i think ford himself has said he is too old to play anymore action oriented roles, and i agree with him. even indy 4 was a stretch for the imagination that this 65 year old can still swing from whips and all that, but i think it still worked really well since he is indiana jones after all, not just your average guy. plus, though ford hasnt aged that well in the looks department, he does look just a few years older then he did in TLC. so at times it was as if the movie had only passed maybe 10 or so years later. but i did find some of mutts lines like calling indy "gramps" and asking if hes 80 years old hard to swallow. but otherwise, thought the movie was extremly fun and while not as good as the last 3 (who expected it to be?), it was a fun romp and i was happy to see a reunion with karen allen. but for some reason, though i have accepted the movie as a fun kids advneture, i still have a hard time with the whole "alien from another dimension" thing. its just so....different from the supernatural religious artifacts from the last 3 films. but i have accepted it now and style wise, i think it fits right in with the originals.

My dad is 73 and can still kick the arse of most 20 year olds. He's seriously got that Eastwood tough thing going. Just like anything else, Ford could pull it off if it were handled right.

I saw tintin last night, that had a great indy vibe to it, (john williams music was very indy-esque). It proved that speiberg can still do it when not hindered by george.
I think i would be quite happy for a motion capture 'classic' indy if it was done like this. Hell, even ghosbusters 3 should go down this route. The only downside i guess is that you would know its not real, which is one of the main draws of the indy movies, the fact that someone is really doing these stunts. But thats preferable to a non harrison ford reboot.

(plus george would jizz his pants at the thought of an all cgi indy wouldnt he?)

Agreed on the idea that being in your 70s precludes the character from being "tough"... definitely think it could be done.. but I will echo the sentiment that as long as Lucas is driving the bus, it's gonna crash.. he lost his touch long ago... the guy has decent ideas, but the execution is disastrous..

Agreed on the idea that being in your 70s precludes the character from being "tough"... definitely think it could be done.. but I will echo the sentiment that as long as Lucas is driving the bus, it's gonna crash.. he lost his touch long ago... the guy has decent ideas, but the execution is disastrous..

Yeah, I want Indy 5 to happen like, yesterday. But hoping for Lucas to make Indy 5 is like wishing it into existence through a cursed monkey paw.

Too bad, but not entirely too bad. Part of me wants another one, but the other part knows it will just be another KS (which I didn't think was SO bad--liked it better than LC).

I don't think it'd be like KOTCS at all. For starters, it would use different tropes than 50s sci-fi. But that doesn't mean they should make another one.

George isn't serious about Indy 5. Or Indiana Jones at all, really. If he was, he would have had something ready to follow up KOTCS with after bringing this franchise back after so many years. Right now he's busy feeling sorry for himself/retiring and pumping out more star wars stuff, like 1313. Because when you see a two-fisted, tomb-raiding, action/adventure game like Uncharted, and you happen to own the license to both SW and Indy, the natural response is to use it as inspiration to make.....wait for it.....ANOTHER STAR WARS GAME. Of course.

Here' some footage to prove my point:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQyGu4EqZsU"]gameplay footage[/ame]

George isn't serious about Indy 5. Or Indiana Jones at all, really. If he was, he would have had something ready to follow up KOTCS with after bringing this franchise back after so many years. Right now he's busy feeling sorry for himself/retiring and pumping out more star wars stuff, like 1313. Because when you see a two-fisted, tomb-raiding, action/adventure game like Uncharted, and you happen to own the license to both SW and Indy, the natural response is to use it as inspiration to make.....wait for it.....ANOTHER STAR WARS GAME. Of course.

gameplay footage

Always great to see Star Wars reduced to a generic shooter. :yess:

Does George have any input into Lucasarts games other than high level sign off and authorization ?

Pretty sure this game (and all the games) don't burn up much time in his day.

I'd play the ____ out of an Indy game like Uncharted . . .

id love another indy game again, probably more than a film. Loved emporor's tomb and after seeing how well uncharted plays its just a tease that we havent had a good indy game, (minus the lego versions).

I wish they finished the one planned a few years ago where indy was fighting on the tram in the footage that was revealed.

gameplay footage

It's incredible how blatant the Uncharted "influence" is. :lol

That being said, I love what I saw, and that game is now on my radar!

Also, 15 minutes into playing Drake's Fortune, I was already daydreaming about an Indy game based on the Uncharted formula. :exactly:

Back