Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It ain't over til he fat-necked bearded one says so.

If the guy can't think of a McGuffin -- there's hundreds and he could always make one up like the Shankara stones, we wouldn't care -- then that's a cheap way of throwing in the towel.

Obviously the truth is they all realize that Ford at 70 just isn't going to be a believable adventurer. I mean, what's the point -- I'm not that starved for another mediocre adventure just to see Ford in the hat again.

Now whether Lucas will actually go for a "reboot"... well, I wouldn't put that past him over the next 5 years. If the right young actor comes along that inspires comparisons to a young Ford, then bring it on.

If the guy can't think of a McGuffin -- there's hundreds and he could always make one up like the Shankara stones, we wouldn't care -- then that's a cheap way of throwing in the towel.

Obviously the truth is they all realize that Ford at 70 just isn't going to be a believable adventurer. I mean, what's the point -- I'm not that starved for another mediocre adventure just to see Ford in the hat again.

Now whether Lucas will actually go for a "reboot"... well, I wouldn't put that past him over the next 5 years. If the right young actor comes along that inspires comparisons to a young Ford, then bring it on.

I can maybe see them going the Young Indy Adventures route, like the TV show (but better of course). Hell, they can even have HF do bookend scenes as an old man (his current age), reflecting back on his life, like that one episode.

indy_chronicles01.jpg

I can maybe see them going the Young Indy Adventures route, like the TV show (but better of course). Hell, they can even have HF do bookend scenes as an old man (his current age), reflecting back on his life, like that one episode.

I'd really prefer a full reboot myself. I wouldn't mind seeing a new guy playing Indy in the same era as Raiders, with all new adventures.

They just need to find the right guy. Like when Ford was younger and comparisons were made to Bogart and Cooper, perhaps a new guy who inspires similar type comparisons. Hell, when Ford was compared to Bogart in "Treasure", its almost as far back to compare someone today to Ford in "Raiders".

I'd really prefer a full reboot myself. I wouldn't mind seeing a new guy playing Indy in the same era as Raiders, with all new adventures.

They just need to find the right guy. Like when Ford was younger and comparisons were made to Bogart and Cooper, perhaps a new guy who inspires similar type comparisons. Hell, when Ford was compared to Bogart in "Treasure", its almost as far back to compare someone today to Ford in "Raiders".

Good point. However, I can't see Spielberg/Lucas doing the reboot. It's like they would see it as being beneath them or something. It would have to be someone else taking over the franchise, like Abrams did with Trek. I wouldn't be opposed to it, if it was done in the intense, serious tone of Raiders and TOD (minus Willie) and not the lighter fun tone of LC and KOTCS.

Good point. However, I can't see Spielberg/Lucas doing the reboot. It's like they would see it as being beneath them or something. It would have to be someone else taking over the franchise, like Abrams did with Trek. I wouldn't be opposed to it, if it was done in the intense, serious tone of Raiders and TOD (minus Willie) and not the lighter fun tone of LC and KOTCS.

I agree. And I would imagine that Lucas, Spielberg and Ford would all be producers on the project. I think Spielberg would feel a great sense of relief not to have to helm another one.

All of this :lecture:lecture:lecture

I agree. And I would imagine that Lucas, Spielberg and Ford would all be producers on the project. I think Spielberg would feel a great sense of relief not to have to helm another one.

:lol I agree! From all the interviews I watched and read with Spielberg, I got the impression that KOTCS was a real annoyance to him. Like he really did it just as a big favour to Lucas. "Fine George. Have it your way. Aliens. Fine. Whatever."

I would not go and see a reboot or a young Indiana Jones. I'd love to see a story about a 70 year old Indy. It's Harrison Ford or nothing.

Indy could be more if Lucas/Spielberg/Ford let him, I think a series of realistically done animated movies (like Mike said, ala TinTin) could revitalize the franchise. In fact I would prefer that over a reboot of a live action series.

The trick would be to keep Indy's edge without dumbing him down for a child audience. I would even be fine with a "sound alike" providing Indy's voice.

Sorry about the shameless self promotion, but since the topic of Indy in animated form came up, I thought I'd like to show you something I've been working on. It's a 1 minute piece of Indy animation, that'll be done somewhere early next year I think. There's more on my blog I've you're interested.

33_Layout_01.jpg

Didn't ford wear an eye patch in the old TV show episode. I want to see that in a movie. Indy gets busted up pretty bad and decides he is getting to old for this, hence the eye patch

Ugh you just reminded me how pissed I was when they removed that stuff from the DVD release.:monkey4

Looks like Indy 5 is dead now then:( Harrison showed interest in it but maybe Lucas is calling it a day now, and Steve probably isnt interested.

Just read a couple of interview with Lucas saying he doesn't have the macguffin for a number 5 .....he keeps using that term.....does he not realize that term means the object itself isn't the point and doesn't matter ? :D

That's what Alfred Hitchcock said and he invented the term. George should go back to film school and take a film history course.

Sorry about the shameless self promotion, but since the topic of Indy in animated form came up, I thought I'd like to show you something I've been working on. It's a 1 minute piece of Indy animation, that'll be done somewhere early next year I think. There's more on my blog I've you're interested.

33_Layout_01.jpg

Awesome, bookmarked your blog! :hi5:

33_Layout_01.jpg

Excellent -- love your artwork style! Looking forward to anything else you can sneak to us.

I almost made that Indy and Marion gicele my sig at one time.

If they keep doing sequels eventually Harrison Ford will have to be replaced. It's hard for me to see anyone else as Indiana Jones. But there was a time it was hard for me to see anyone else but Sean Connery as James Bond. Then I couldn't imagine anyone else but Roger Moore as Bond, you get the picture. I can see Ford doing maybe one more movie. After all they can do a lot with makeup, stunt men and editing.

Back