Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they keep doing sequels eventually Harrison Ford will have to be replaced. It's hard for me to see anyone else as Indiana Jones. But there was a time it was hard for me to see anyone else but Sean Connery as James Bond. Then I couldn't imagine anyone else but Roger Moore as Bond, you get the picture. I can see Ford doing maybe one more movie. After all they can do a lot with makeup, stunt men and editing.

I'd quite happily watch a new Indiana Jones actor if it means some more movies.

No reboots necessary.
Fill in the gap between the end of the 'Young Indy' series and the first (chronological) appearance of Harrison Ford in Temple of Doom.
...which would be 1921 - 1934 if I'm remembering right (and I'm probably not)

If its set in say 1928 to 1933 you could do 3 movies with a new adult actor in the Indy costume

As I get older I guess I get more resistant to change, but I agree with SAB. I can deal with a new actor playing Indiana Jones, I would just hope they get it right with the first choice. I hate it when there are sequels with a new actor every time.

Just seen a recent picture of Sean Connery he looks great for 82, wish we could see one last one with Harrison, and a flash back with his dad. Time's getting on.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 1936
The Temple of Doom - 1935
The Last Crusade - 1938
The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 1957

You could even get an actor aged between 40-50 that could star in movies documenting Indy's adventures between 1939-1950 for example? Could make for some interesting stories, especially during the War period.

Live-action Indy movies end with Ford. CG Animated (in the style of Tin-Tin) with a great voice actor, on the other hand, could go on for a long time.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 1936
The Temple of Doom - 1935
The Last Crusade - 1938
The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 1957

You could even get an actor aged between 40-50 that could star in movies documenting Indy's adventures between 1939-1950 for example? Could make for some interesting stories, especially during the War period.

maybe 2 films at once. one depicting years pre ToD and one between LC and KCS. maybe they should hire HF son to play the later... i hear he looks like him?!

im all for a new Jones (no not his son either). HUGE fan of HF as jones but deff NOT todays HF. he's lost that honest smirk. now hes just doin an imitation of himself. like depp has done since the first PofC.

maybe 2 films at once. one depicting years pre ToD and one between LC and KCS. maybe they should hire HF son to play the later... i hear he looks like him?!

im all for a new Jones (no not his son either). HUGE fan of HF as jones but deff NOT todays HF. he's lost that honest smirk. now hes just doin an imitation of himself. like depp has done since the first PofC.

Not really, no.

1cd45f_benford_01282010.jpg

Yeah its a shame really always wanted the last one to be about Atlantis thought that was a good idea, Harrison said him self it is his ambition to do one last one, I think Lucas as changed his mind now though struggling for good ideas, Harrison is like Clint eastwood he will keep going just like Indy does.

But when Harrison passers on, yes Crystal skull was the last one with Ford we saw it though while we were alive. :)

Still, she's game for playing Marion one more time if the long-rumored fifth Indiana Jones movie comes to fruition and Ford, now 70, brushes the dust off the old fedora and trademark whip.

According to Allen, it's all on George Lucas' shoulders.

https://content.usatoday.com/commun...llen-certainly-ready-for-more-indiana-jones/1

quote from Karen Allen regarding Indy..

Still, she's game for playing Marion one more time if the long-rumored fifth Indiana Jones movie comes to fruition and Ford, now 70, brushes the dust off the old fedora and trademark whip.

According to Allen, it's all on George Lucas' shoulders.

"If he comes up with a story and if he wants to go forward and do another one, Steven says he's completely on board and wants to do it," said Allen, who turns 61 next month. "I certainly would want to do it, and I know Harrison would love to do it.

"We just have to wait for George to get his act together."

we've been waiting along time for Lucus to get his act together!

Only way I want Indy 5 is :

George Lucas dies irl and they do it completely w/o him

Prequel to KotCS

No Shia, No Karen, No married Indy

Stop bashing lucas...without lucas there would be no star wars and indiana jones. Wishing someone to die cause of a movie is just sad people. No wonder he doesn't write a new story. Guys like you wouldn't appriciate it anyways. Kotcs was flawed, but not as bad as people say. Most of us say the indy films as kids and that weighs a lot on our own judgement. I was dissapointed at first with kotcs, but it has its moments upon closer inspection. The only part that really sucked was after the grave scene till they enter the chamber. Oh and the grey alien at the end. Should have just made the skeletons move and keep the mystery alive. But hey, that's my humble opinion. Personally, i hope they do another with Ford. He is indy and will remain so.

I'm getting pretty tired of remakes and calling them reboots. It's just an excuse to make more money out of the same product telling the same story over and over again. They should call it remix instead. Just make an original sequel and have good writers on it to explore the story and the characters further.

I say lucas, write the idea and basics. Then let other writers run with it. I said it before. Kotcs looks good on paper as it explores the many documentaries about ancient civilizations with aliens.

Best,

Robert

Here is an idea, they should go back in time again, before KOTCS, so we don't have to have any of those people in the next film except Indy.

Back