Indiana Jones and The Adventure of Archaeology (Traveling Exhibit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am proud to say that I was at its very first run in Montreal in 2011! What an amazing exhibit!

Me and the girlfriend planned a week long trip to Montreal, and low and behold, it was running while we were there!

There were people walking around making sure no pictures were taken, but I got a few off. Just have to be quick ;)

I'm in DC right now and finally got a chance to see this yesterday at the National Geographic Museum. It was pretty cool. The props looked great and I loved the tidbits of information on behind the scenes shots. There were props from all four movies on display, as well as artwork, sketches and costumes. The rest of the exhibit displayed artifacts from archeological digs all over the world. I thought it was interesting.

The gift shop was lackluster though. Most of the stuff was just trickets like magnets, pins, notepads and pencils...and expensive! The shirt I bought was $30; the keychain was $12.

You could take photos, just no flash. I'll post some photos later on today. I'm glad I got a chance to see it. I wonder if they display different props at different locations or if its all the same from stop to stop?

Thanks for posting, Choopie! I'm going to try and make it there sometime this year. Too bad about the gift shop. It would have been a good place for them to sell prop replicas. But then again they probably would have charged twice as much as they were worth!

Here are some pics:
ArkoftheCovenant.jpg
Belloqoutfit.jpg
CrossofCoronado.jpg
CrystalSkeleton.jpg
CrystalSkull.jpg
Grailandthefake.jpg
GrailTablet.jpg
Indyoutfit.jpg
MarionRavenwoodoutfit.jpg
MolaRamheadpiece.jpg
SankaraStones.jpg
ToDoutfits.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics choopie. Hoping the exhibit comes somewhere near me. I'd get a tshirt if I were there but seems like the gift shop leaves a lot to be desired.

Went down to DC this weekend with my wife to see the show before it closed. It was great! I’m really glad I went. It was great to see all the props up close and in real life like that. I’m wondering if the fertility idol was the real prop though. Wasn’t it known to be in really rough shape? Because this one looked perfect. I did think the fake grail looked pretty bad though—very soft details and rough texture. The costumes were very cool. I also liked seeing all the production sketches and paintings—I don’t think I had seen most of those before. The place was blazing hot though and because it was cold outside we had to strip down to practically nothing and were still sweating! We were there when it opened and it wasn’t too bad with people, but after about an hour it got really full, especially bottlenecked in the beginning of the exhibit. And yeah, the gift shop was a disappointment—very overpriced little things and nothing too interesting. I did get a t-shirt though.

Incidentally, I also went to the Smithsonian National Museum of American History where they had the Threepio costume and got to see that as well. That costume was in pretty bad shape.

Last edited:
That's great that you got a chance to see it, Lu!

If it comes close to Georgia I'll probably go see it again. Maybe with the new movie finally confirmed, they'll expand the locations.

That's great that you got a chance to see it, Lu!

If it comes close to Georgia I'll probably go see it again. Maybe with the new movie finally confirmed, they'll expand the locations.

Thanks! Really glad I went! I cut it real close since the show closed the day after I went. But I have to credit my wife who lit the fire under my butt to go!

Back