Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the human characters in these movies, that would be a happy ending.

Yeah, I know....everything sucks and all casting in every film is bad. Directors are terrible and making terrible decisions for a terrible cast and bad writters.

Just watched the first one again, I still love Independence Day. Maybe it's the nostalgia goggles but I think it really holds up. Well paced, FX are still good, cast is great, nice mix of serious and humour, great score. I really hope I can take to the new one like people took to Jurassic World....although I have my doubts.

Just watched the first one again, I still love Independence Day. Maybe it's the nostalgia goggles but I think it really holds up. Well paced, FX are still good, cast is great, nice mix of serious and humour, great score. I really hope I can take to the new one like people took to Jurassic World....although I have my doubts.

All of this...

My main worry is that the new one seems to have dispensed with the Gritty realistic feel of the first, in favour of a clean CGI look. My remastered ID4 Steelbook just shipped from Zavvi, I'm looking forward to watching it again with a better picture etc... Hopefully.

All of this...

My main worry is that the new one seems to have dispensed with the Gritty realistic feel of the first, in favour of a clean CGI look. My remastered ID4 Steelbook just shipped from Zavvi, I'm looking forward to watching it again with a better picture etc... Hopefully.

I think that's my biggest gripe with what's been shown.

I love ID4 up until the first attack is over, and the rest of the film falls apart for me. Judd Hirsch is back in it too, and I hope he isn't playing the over the top Jewish parody character again.

Is this one going to give us more toys that rot on the clearance shelves for a decade?

Mine are rotting in the basement or garage I think :lol:

I picked up the whole line on clearance along with other movies of that era like Stargate, Congo, Waterworld, Dragonheart, and the less desirable Jurassic Park figures at KB toys. The good old days of collecting.

lol, that is all KB's was in the end. Independence Day, X-Files, Spawn, Toy Biz Marvel, all that junk that clogged the shelves for years, never moving. Pretty sure when they closed all the stores they just left that **** and turned off the light. :lol

I never had any toys from Independence Day. I don't know why though - I loved the film and thought the toys looked cool.

All of this...

Unfortunately it looks like that, well because it is mostly CGI, and it'll be CGI because it's presumably all fictional cities now in place of all the ones that were destroyed in the first movie. Many locations will be barely recognisable I expect. Add in the alien technology that humans have commandeered and it's all distinctly sci-fi and 'unreal'. It's plausible that the world will look very different but at the same time it could hurt the film as all the CGI noise makes it indistinguishable from any other CG romp we get these days.

heres the latest promo following in the line of films ive no interest in seeing ,featuring my club lol ,good god weve not been able to entertain on the pitch and now this lol
hope joe Mourinho put a stop to this sort of thing

no i dont as its pretty funny
i give you blindependence day :rotfl

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGoJzYFIHm4/

:lol: Rooney the full kit wanker.

Blind like wind :lol::lol::lol:

Young is gonna be the next Will Smith. Calling it...

Back