Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have to say though, that I don't think this will take first place away from Finding Dory.

For the heck of it I DVR'd the first ID4 and watched it again since the new one is about to come out. It was okay, but Bill Pullman did specifically state after mind melding with the alien that they are like locusts in that their entire civilization moves from planet to planet consuming resources. That was a pretty significant aspect to the plot which doesn't really leave the door open for them "coming back" but eh, it's a Roland Emmerich movie, obviously these issues can't be worried about too much. Continuity is basically airtight compared to a Brian Singer sequel at least.

It could have simply meant that they no longer have a homeworld of their own. Their entire civilisation does indeed move from planet to planet, maybe sometimes dividing to conquer more than one world at the same time because they're greedy and overconfident

Took my 10 year old son to see this yesterday. We both really enjoyed it. Typical summer blockbuster. Great visuals and tons of **** blowing up. I liked the implementation of the alien tech from 20 years ago. Funny how you could see Russell Casse's name on the memorial wall in the beginning. The queen was out of left field but I didn't mind.

I know its a good movie when my son doesn't run to the bathroom halfway thru. He sat thru the whole time and didn't want to miss a thing.

Great set up for the 3rd movie. Hopefully this makes enough to get that third movie.

Took my 10 year old son to see this yesterday. We both really enjoyed it. Typical summer blockbuster. Great visuals and tons of **** blowing up. I liked the implementation of the alien tech from 20 years ago. Funny how you could see Russell Casse's name on the memorial wall in the beginning. The queen was out of left field but I didn't mind.

I know its a good movie when my son doesn't run to the bathroom halfway thru. He sat thru the whole time and didn't want to miss a thing.

Great set up for the 3rd movie. Hopefully this makes enough to get that third movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Flopping at box office but will still see it- looks fun. Doubt we'll get another if it only makes $100 million or so they are guessing

Flopping at box office but will still see it- looks fun. Doubt we'll get another if it only makes $100 million or so they are guessing

A lot of the people panning it haven't even seen it. Critics either love it or hate it. Empire magazine rated it an 8, so maybe it will do well overseas. I read on Facebook that some people are going into sites such as Rotten Tomatoes and rating movies low that are reboots or sequels out of protest that Hollywood doesn't make many original movies anymore. That's BS. Fandango has it rated 3 stars. On that site, you are sent an email if you've purchased tickets through the site and they ask you to rate the movie after you've seen it, so that one is a little more trustworthy.

I never thought this would make huge money, brand name is not strong on this one, and doesn't have much star power, but it'll be fine, enough to warrant a sequel.

Yeah and critics/RT etc etc, who listens to those anymore?

I never thought this would make huge money, brand name is not strong on this one, and doesn't have much star power, but it'll be fine, enough to warrant a sequel.

Yeah and critics/RT etc etc, who listens to those anymore?

I don't, not since John Carter. If trailers interest me enough to get me to go, then I'm rarely disappointed.

I really want them to at least do #3 after seeing the ending of this one!

Caught a matinee in 3D IMAX today. Auditorium was barely 20% full. I was quite surprised.

But I was *also* surprised at what great popcorn entertainment it was. It was cheeseball fun from beginning to end. Far better than the original. It really helped to not have the antics of Will Smith and Randy Quaid this time around.

Caught a matinee in 3D IMAX today. Auditorium was barely 20% full. I was quite surprised.

But I was *also* surprised at what great popcorn entertainment it was. It was cheeseball fun from beginning to end. Far better than the original. It really helped to not have the antics of Will Smith and Randy Quaid this time around.

Good enough for me- I will likely enjoy it.

Critrics have an agenda and I don't care much what they say- especially after I saw my favorite film this year- BvS, yes it is for me!

Saw this today. Wow, what a let down. I stayed away from all reviews and any discussion on this board. Saw only a couple of attractions. I was expecting drama and suspense. What I got was a whole lot of visuals coming at me at a frantic pace with a forced story and overly dramatic acting. I commented to my wife at the beginning of the movie that I expected far more than the eight people that were there for an Imax 3d presentation. Granted, it was the matinee show, but I've been there with a full house at that time also, Star Wars, Star Trek, Avengers. At the end of the movie, she asked me if I understood the sparse crowd then. Guess I should have read some reviews.

I don't, not since John Carter. If trailers interest me enough to get me to go, then I'm rarely disappointed.

I really want them to at least do #3 after seeing the ending of this one!
I have to watch JC again, I keep hearing how that one was snuffed by critics too.

Yeah I've also been told about the huge sequel bait in this one, since we actually see some military propaganda in the promotional material for this movie I'm gonna guess.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Am I totally wrong? Don't spoiler me please, I won't be able to resist the spoilers, just tell me if I'm full of **** :lol

Nice, :rock:

Yeah I had fun. I mean it's not a movie that was groundbreaking or that I'll dwell on for days on end but like I said, an entertaining two hours at the theater. It definitely had a more somber tone than the original but I still laughed out loud a few times at Jeff Goldblum and a couple surprise legacy characters I wasn't expecting to return. It had excitement, comedy, great visuals, even some touching deaths and "family" moments. I mean not one element was staggeringly great or anything but as a whole I just feel like Roland Emmerich finally delivered a film that I enjoyed from beginning to end.

I have to watch JC again, I keep hearing how that one was snuffed by critics too.

Yeah I've also been told about the huge sequel bait in this one, since we actually see some military propaganda in the promotional material for this movie I'm gonna guess.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Am I totally wrong? Don't spoiler me please, I won't be able to resist the spoilers, just tell me if I'm full of **** :lol

Nice, :rock:

Partly. :D

Yeah I had fun. I mean it's not a movie that was groundbreaking or that I'll dwell on for days on end but like I said, an entertaining two hours at the theater. It definitely had a more somber tone than the original but I still laughed out loud a few times at Jeff Goldblum and a couple surprise legacy characters I wasn't expecting to return. It had excitement, comedy, great visuals, even some touching deaths and "family" moments. I mean not one element was staggeringly great or anything but as a whole I just feel like Roland Emmerich finally delivered a film that I enjoyed from beginning to end.
What's your opinion on the first one?

Darn :lol

Back