Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on going to the double feature on the 23rd. I have some of the toys in my basement as well. :lol

No press junket- no stars appearing on tv talk shows- no preview screenings- no NOTHING

It must be a flop of epic proportions and Fox knows it

They did a globel press event, I know that. And I've seen Jeff Goldblum on a few talk shows just recently. I don't think I've went a day recently where I haven't seen a commercial for it.

ID4 is probably my favorite movie, top 5 easily. But I'm still not the least bit excited for this. I do hope it surprises me though...

I haven't really followed up on anything related to this sequel.

Is that black pilot suppose to be Will Smith's character? :lol

Also, I think Vivica A. Fox was wearing a lab coat in the trailer. She's now a stripper turned scientist?

Not falling for this one. :rotfl

I always thought the obvious step forward was the aliens returning, that's always the lingering question when humanity repels an alien invasion.

What if they return?

Hell, even in signs they answer that question:

It said there are two possible outcomes of an invasion. One, they fight and are defeated, and have to return with reinforcements. Hundreds, perhaps even thousands of years later.

I always thought the obvious step forward was the aliens returning, that's always the lingering question when humanity repels an alien invasion.

What if they return?

I always wondered if the initial invasion force could really have been completely destroyed - surely some of the ships would realise they couldn't risk using their superlasers while their shields were down and so close them up. Or was it a Phantom Menace scenario where once the mothership was destroyed all the smaller city ships just crashed..

What if they return?

I like the idea that they return. I mean, as big as that Mothership was and how long their race has probably existed... I couldn't buy that Mothership being their "home." And from this sequel, we now know it was basically an aircraft carrier from the larger force.

Just got in from seeing this. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. I enjoyed this a lot.

What if they return?

For the heck of it I DVR'd the first ID4 and watched it again since the new one is about to come out. It was okay, but Bill Pullman did specifically state after mind melding with the alien that they are like locusts in that their entire civilization moves from planet to planet consuming resources. That was a pretty significant aspect to the plot which doesn't really leave the door open for them "coming back" but eh, it's a Roland Emmerich movie, obviously these issues can't be worried about too much. Continuity is basically airtight compared to a Brian Singer sequel at least.

Back