InArt Daenerys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YBjRK5T.jpg

I want to change my user name. But why’s no one talking about how inaccurate the costume design is as well? All I’m seeing is people discuss the likeness and the hair…

I want to change my user name. But why’s no one talking about how inaccurate the costume design is as well? All I’m seeing is people discuss the likeness and the hair…
Probably because no one likes that costume enough to care about how accurately it’s recreated.

Personally, I love the coat. Not just on the figure, I really dug it on the show. Definitely up there as one of my favorite looks of hers. And while I get that it may not be everybody's favorite, I really don't understand why so many people passionately hate it. Like ... it seems to make people actively angry.

I don't know ... I blame Benioff and Weiss for that, not the costume designer. Of the things that declined in the final seasons, production design wasn't one of them. I get that people don't want to be reminded of the bad parts of the show, but there's visceral hate for this outfit in particular that I don't quite get.

I don't know ... I blame Benioff and Weiss for that, not the costume designer. Of the things that declined in the final seasons, production design wasn't one of them. I get that people don't want to be reminded of the bad parts of the show, but there's visceral hate for this outfit in particular that I don't quite get.
I definitely get your point, I just meant like I wouldn't want a figure of that awfully ruined character no matter what she was wearing. GOT was a top 3 series for me until they butchered the final season. I'll never watch the series again.

Sculpt and outfit look fantastic, although not sure if the head is a tad oversized. While I understand the issues with the complexity of the hairstyle (imagine having it come loose after a year or two on display) I hope they come up with a different execution than the half sculpted approach that they’re showing. Maybe they can braid the hair and apply some kind of solution that permanently locks it in. That would be my same recommendation for short-haired figures to carry over the ultra realism.

All it would take is a bit of thinned out glue to make the upper part of her hair stay in place. It wouldn’t be difficult.

Sculpt and outfit look fantastic
The outfit does not, imo. It’s a good start but it lacks a lot of detail in comparison to the real deal..

From what I can see, the ridges down the center area should be thicker white fur. Overall, it needs to convey that it is made out of animal fur. The red lining and striations down her sides should be tighter. The shade of red is supposed to be darker/deeper. They ought to give her gloves-she always wears gloves with this outfit. The fur piece on her right shoulder should look like fur and not cotton stuffing. The tie/scarf should be a silky scarf material and be more prominent and not as recessed as it is. Missing the metal “dragon scales” accent pieces on the shoulders. Missing fur lining on the shoulders.

I understand this is not everyone’s preferred choice in outfit (I would’ve preferred S3/S4 blue dress first) but if INART is going to be proceeding with this costume design, I guess I’d just like to start the discussion and hopefully in time see them optimize the outfit as it’s way too bland and I think it can be considerably improved upon.

Attachments

• 85BB0AD5-0902-4B9A-9E08-60AFFDE8D0F1.jpeg
    85BB0AD5-0902-4B9A-9E08-60AFFDE8D0F1.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 88A42824-DF22-4D8F-9F32-11EB91261C35.jpeg
    88A42824-DF22-4D8F-9F32-11EB91261C35.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1ACC4CF0-D889-4358-A252-7EEC1A673BE1.jpeg
    1ACC4CF0-D889-4358-A252-7EEC1A673BE1.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 0
The outfit does not, imo. It’s a good start but it lacks a lot of detail in comparison to the real deal..

From what I can see, the ridges down the center area should be thicker white fur. Overall, it needs to convey that it is made out of animal fur. The red lining and striations down her sides should be tighter. The shade of red is supposed to be darker/deeper. They ought to give her gloves-she always wears gloves with this outfit. The fur piece on her right shoulder should look like fur and not cotton stuffing. The tie/scarf should be a silky scarf material and be more prominent and not as recessed as it is. Missing the metal “dragon scales” accent pieces on the shoulders. Missing fur lining on the shoulders.

I understand this is not everyone’s preferred choice in outfit (I would’ve preferred S3/S4 blue dress first) but if INART is going to be proceeding with this costume design, I guess I’d just like to start the discussion and hopefully in time see them optimize the outfit as it’s way too bland and I think it can be considerably improved upon.

make sure to DM this to InArt as well when the figure goes up for PO, they always seem to listen and take things into account.

During his InArt tour, Justin made a comment seemingly implying the white coat might be on top of another outfit.

I don’t think that’d work or be accurate as Daenerys wasn’t wearing another full on outfit underneath the white coat. That’s just not how it works… lol. She’d be sweltering. Not only that, but if we’re assuming she’d be wearing another outfit, say the leather outfit she wears in the final 2 episodes, her hairstyle and makeup are different.

Hate to be a downer but this is strictly S8x01-03 Winterfell Daenerys.

Back