InArt - Dune: Paul Atreides

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is, there are more interesting characters than Chani which would make a better companion figure for Paul. My vote is for Jessica.
Imo:

Best companion figures for current Paul figure are Part 1 Chani or Part 1 Jessica in Stillsuit. Would that Jessica figure still be considered boring since she’d be another Stillsuit wearing figure?

Would that Jessica figure still be considered boring since she’d be another Stillsuit wearing figure?
Imo, yes.
Not just because of how similar she’d look compared to Stillsuit Paul but by virtue of how unimpressive the Stillsuit is in comparison to essentially every other outfit she wears in either movie.

The Stillsuit also doesn’t adequately represent Jessica as a character. She’s much more than a Fremen trying to preserve her water in the desert.

We are very limited in what we can expect or ask from InArt- and AugToys by the looks of it- so selecting the most desirable attire should factor into the process.
The only criteria Stillsuit Jessica wins in is by being a scene accurate companion to the existing Paul figure.

Imo, yes.
Not just because of how similar she’d look compared to Stillsuit Paul but by virtue of how unimpressive the Stillsuit is in comparison to essentially every other outfit she wears in either movie.

The Stillsuit also doesn’t adequately represent Jessica as a character. She’s much more than a Fremen trying to preserve her water in the desert.

We are very limited in what we can expect or ask from InArt- and AugToys by the looks of it- so selecting the most desirable attire should factor into the process.
The only criteria Stillsuit Jessica wins in is by being a scene accurate companion to the existing Paul figure.

Imo, and all things considered, that’s the only Jessica character design that makes sense to make given the current Part 1 Paul.

Even if they had made Part 2 Paul, Chani or Feyd would be the natural choices to make next. Imo, Paul, Chani, Jessica and Stilgar are the main characters in the grand scheme of things. But from a merchandising - especially INART’s own standpoint - Chani and Feyd are the ones that should take priority over Jessica and Stilgar, which speaks to the toy-etic nature they possess over Jessica or Stilgar. It makes perfect sense that Chani and Feyd led the poll.

Which then leads me to be surprised as to how many people here are in disapproval of seeing Chani be made. Facebook and Instagram are pro-Chani.

Which then leads me to be surprised as to how many people here are in disapproval of seeing Chani be made. Facebook and Instagram are pro-Chani.
I think this forum has an understandable bias towards new, flashier figures because a lot of us like poring over detail, comparing reference pics, etc. In that sense, it makes sense that more people would want a new costume to analyze. Whereas on FB, it's collectors of every stripe, so people who prioritize character over uniqueness tend to win out.

I think this forum has an understandable bias towards new, flashier figures because a lot of us like poring over detail, comparing reference pics, etc. In that sense, it makes sense that more people would want a new costume to analyze. Whereas on FB, it's collectors of every stripe, so people who prioritize character over uniqueness tend to win out.
Exactly this.
If you’ve seen one Stillsuit, you’ve seen them all.

I don’t even deny that Chani makes the most sense. She just interests me the least as a figure to display alongside Paul.

Yep, agreed. But it’s a little ungrounded/unreasonable to not have that same attitude here as well. The character is important. It’s wildly unrealistic to expect something like Lady Margot to be the next character to be made, just because she has an intricate costume design. Given how INART operates and the fact that their Paul is based on the first film, I just don’t think it’s as likely to expect something that doesn’t pair with him well, when no one can deny that Stillsuit Jessica and Stillsuit Chani are perfect and relevant matches.

Last edited:
Yep, agreed. But it’s a little ungrounded/unreasonable to not have that same attitude here as well. The character is important. It’s wildly unrealistic to expect something like Lady Margot to be the next character to be made, just because she has an intricate costume design. Given how INART operates and the fact that their Paul is based on the first film, I just don’t think it’s as likely to expect something that doesn’t pair with him well, when no one can deny that Still suit Jessica and Still Suit Chani are perfect matches.
I feel no compulsion for Paul’s companion piece to exclusively be a character or design from part 1 but I don’t think InArt have even mentioned if they have the part 2 license yet- despite including Feyd in their poll- so it would currently be a given that the next figure will be from the first film.

I feel no compulsion for Paul’s companion piece to exclusively be a character or design from part 1 but I don’t think InArt have even mentioned if they have the part 2 license yet- despite including Feyd in their poll- so it would currently be a given that the next figure will be from the first film.
They said Part 2 actually.

Attachments

• 144B29D2-BB8D-431D-A626-32AB289D6ECE.jpeg
    144B29D2-BB8D-431D-A626-32AB289D6ECE.jpeg
    692.8 KB · Views: 0
I guess we can presume that means they have the Part 2 license as well and it wasn’t just a marketting tactic to boost Paul sales with the implication of continuing the line.
I think it’s safe to say they have the Part 2 license. I hope they’re cooking up the Part 2 Paul as well ;)

Attachments

• FA78B63F-6A2D-43D5-A211-E971B5E41DB4.jpeg
    FA78B63F-6A2D-43D5-A211-E971B5E41DB4.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 0
Last chance to order from Kit before the PO window is due to close.
No doubt Paul will be available again later on but I may as well sew a little last minute FOMO.

I’ve got my order in at last. Been really getting into the lore of Dune since just before part 2 came so I would welcome several figures now.

I’m have confidence in the quality of the finished product since we’ve recently seen evidence that InArt can do shorter, thick, curly hair… as demonstrated by their The Batman figure :cool:

1712789807974.gif

I’m have confidence in the quality of the finished product since we’ve recently seen evidence that InArt can do shorter, thick, curly hair… as demonstrated by their The Batman figure :cool:

Watch this turn out with straight hair on release. 🤣

Last edited:
Back