InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I know this isn't totally Superman related but as he will too come with that Batman Cowl —which is also the base for their upcoming Batfleck figure— I want to mention that the cowl isn't accurate. Atleast from what I have seen today. IA have re-done the Batfleck sculpt and just completed it last week so still seeing this cowl today is not a good thing. I have told my friend who's colleague is working on this Bats, also sent a detailed message to IA but also want to ask you guys to DM this to IA personally so that they can notice and adjust this even before the very first reveal.
These collage and numbered pics are the ones I just sent to IA with the following feedback. Tried to use as much easy words as possible for their better understanding.
Please have a look and do Forward this on their Social Media my brothers ❤️

1. Observe the Nose shape from side view. It's not sharp, not straight and not pointed like The Dark Knight Batman. Instead, it has a varied shape throughout and little bend at the tip. Attaching 3 reference photos from the movie for now.

2. Nose shape from front side is also a round shape and little offset to the left side (whole cowl has uneven parts in order to give it a hand-made effect which I'll discuss later upon Batman's official reveal).
Also, please notice the thickness and curve of his Nostrils shape. It is mostly aligned with each end side of Ben's lips.

3. Both eyes' shapes and sizes are different from each other. Right eye is little smaller and oval in a circular way. Left eye is little bigger and rectangular oval (as I mentioned above, these parts are made indifferently to show the hand-made feel of the cowl and depict it like a real beast or a bat. Not something totally High Tech like TDK Bale or Arkham Cowl. That's why the whole cowl has uneven shapes, roughness and wrinkles here and there)

And please also look at this RED line. Eyes cutouts are aligned with his mouth cutout.

These are the details that would set this Batman Cowl totally apart from Hot Toys previous attempts and all the custom headsculpts out there :) looking forward to hearing from you on this.
Thank you 😊
Let them focus on the work. You said they were focused on the Bruce sculpt. Let them focus on that. Then they can focus in the cowl. Batman is long ways away and Superman isnt coming out anytime soon. I'm not sure why cry wolf this early in the stage...

Let them focus on the work. You said they were focused on the Bruce sculpt. Let them focus on that. Then they can focus in the cowl. Batman is long ways away and Superman isnt coming out anytime soon. I'm not sure why cry wolf this early in the stage...
As I just mentioned, they just re-did and completed the "Batman" cowl last week. And I think everyone here also wants the accurate accessories not just the body, right?

I dunno what material the suit is but maybe the costume is bit thin to allow for better articulation?

And I'm pretty sure they'll solicit more community feedback.... Its not even up for PO so its premature
This is for the Cowl Accessory that Supes would eventually come with! This is again not for the "Batfleck figure".

This is for the Cowl Accessory that Supes would eventually come with! This is again not for the "Batfleck figure".
Yes, and Supes is a long time away as I mentioned in my last message..

Shouldn't be worried for his thighs, suit, sculpt, chrome or anything as well then. No? Long time away :)
You tell me. I thought youre the one with insider info. Tell us, is IA listening to all these feedback?

If they are, then why are you worried?

It sounds like you dont have as much insider info as you claim since you are.

CR Superman's part is left to right as you've demonstrated. I didn't read through all the comments, so I might have misinterpreted which other Superman posters thought it could have been in the photo, I was just making the point that it wasn't Henry Cavill's Superman since his part is right to left.

If they are making any other Superman, I would be surprised that it wouldn't be CR, although I did read his license is getting very hard to acquire these days.
Aha.. now i get you.. ok!! No worries

1696271441399.png

Okay - NOW I'm getting that Inart "wow" factor I was missing with the promo shots, now that is Henry Cavill :drool
Big improvement in a very short amount of time - he looks fantastic and now I'm glad to have him on order.
If I get him and he looks like this, I will be very happy.

I'm not convinced. Sure it looks great, but look at how many lights it takes to get that shine to come through. All within close distance too.

Just no. They need to rework the fabric to allow more of that chrome to pass in minimal lighting. I'm not setting up an entire Doctor Octopus rig only so I could get this figure to look how it's supposed to.
I have to agree, I like that we can now see the Chrome underbody but I do hope I dont need an insane amount of lights to replicate the effect.

Back