InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope they don't pull a stupid move and make this a BvS Superman while doing a Justice League Batman figure.
If their plan is to only make the Trinity and not go further into the Snyderverse, I would think/hope they’re all from BvS since that’s the first place we saw all 3 together

This got my wallet in a choke hold.

paper bag GIF

Rooted hair works best with some hair styles, particularly wavy or unkempt long hair. InArt's Joker and Aragorn are perfect examples.

I think that Cavill's shorter hair will not only be difficult to capture but possibly maintain over time.

I'm leaning towards sculpted hair but won't rule out rooted just yet.

If their plan is to only make the Trinity and not go further into the Snyderverse, I would think/hope they’re all from BvS since that’s the first place we saw all 3 together
I agree, if I can get this from InArt, I'd be more than satisfied to complete the Snyderverse representation in my collection. The base for Superman appears to be similar to the scene too.

1458754420-batman-v-superman-trinity.png

I agree, if I can get this from InArt, I'd be more than satisfied to complete the Snyderverse representation in my collection. The base for Superman appears to be similar to the scene too.

1458754420-batman-v-superman-trinity.png
Nice point. They'd have to do all three surely. Especially if Cavill Supes sells well, which I'm sure he will.

Bases which match together would be nice. Plus like I mentioned a few pages back, they have their own Queen Studios 1:1 basis as an excellent basis. All the hard work has been done, especially if they are digital, scaling down is a mere keystroke.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 15.43.25.png

Last edited:
Yea, but that wasn’t a licensed statue if I remember correctly and physique seemed a little idealized too me. They also just scanned and upscaled the HT headsculpt instead of making their own, which didn’t sit right with me. The paint quality of that statue didn’t wow me either. Looked very much done by a hobbiest vs professional to me.
I would say it's very similar to the JnD one being idealized in that way. It's not painted very well like you say. I've seen a repainted one and it's looked so much better. I'd love to own one. I didn't relealise it wasn't licensed.

I guess I’m in the minority in liking the BvS suit better than the MoS one. To me BvS’s suit is more…. cinematic. It plays more to the sense of who and what Superman has become in the world, and how that is showcased in his developmental arc over what would have been five films in that particular story. The world has even built a monument to him, etc.

That said I do get the appeal of more naturalistic look of the MoS suit! Part of me even gets the preference for that aesthetic. But again BvS‘s suit captures how he appears in the mind of the collective, and that’s more compelling to me.

Among the four suits (MoS, BvS, JL color, JL black) favorite suit is actually the HT JL Superman which in the Whedon version was ruined by Whedon’s bizarre color grading and terrible lighting. But the HT version captures what I expect would have been the JL 3 suit, with Superman having completed his arc.

FE0F70D9-DE0F-47F2-88F0-3F36F30459A7.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I’m in the minority in liking the BvS suit better than the MoS one. To me BvS’s suit is more…. cinematic. It plays more to the sense of who and what Superman has become in the world, and how that is showcased in his developmental arc over what would have been five films in that particular story. The world has even built a monument to him, etc.

That said I do get the appeal of more naturalistic look of the MoS suit! Part of me even gets the preference for that aesthetic. But again BvS‘s suit captures how he appears in the mind of the collective, and that’s more compelling to me.

Among the four suits (MoS, BvS, JL color, JL black) favorite suit is actually the HT JL Superman which in the Whedon version was ruined by Whedon’s bizarre color grading and terrible lighting. But the HT version captures what I expect would have been the JL 3 suit, with Superman having completed his arc.

View attachment 644653
I've seen that said before about the suit being used at the end in JL3.
I think that the suit Hot Toys released is just the closest thing they could make to Whedon's version and still look good.

It does look very nice and really pops. However, for me, I don't think Zack would have made the suit really colourful at the end. It wreaks of the "bright colours mean hope" attitude and I just don't think that's him.

Well judging by on the Harry Potter announcement vs first image's it's going to be at least 3 months before we get a look

Back