In-N-Out Burger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago I was in LA and just had to try In-N-Out because I heard so much about their burgers. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. You can add one more to the list doesn't get the hype. I too would take a Carl's Jr. anyday.

I found Carl's Jr. kind of stale and soggy. It was late, and it was probably just the location. :confused:

they also treat their employees great, they start at like $10 an hour, they are closed on Christmas , I think they close early on Christmas eve and think they are closed on Thanksgiving and easter.

My wife worked for In-N-Out when we were first married and living in northern California. They always treated their employees fantastically well. Awesome Christmas parties, and at one point they flew every worker and their spouse/kids to the employee appreciation day down south where they rented out a water park and pulled up with three or four burger trucks and we basically ate free food all day in between waterslides and winning prizes. And she got paid more than I did, which made me jealous.

Wendys2.jpg

I really despise Carl's Jrs advertising, so I avoid them whenever possible. In-N-Out is on every corner, but I've just never gotten that into them.

IrishJedi said:
Why do you hate freshness?
I don't hate the Freshness, just the bland tasting burgers and fries.
The Mike said:
If you've ever heard of STEAK N SHAKE it beats the holy hell out of In-N-Out and almost any other burger place out there. They have locations here:

https://www.steaknshake.com/pics/newmap.gif

Discovered them on my last trip to Orlando and have been missing the Takhomasak ever since....

https://www.steaknshake.com/pics/homepagelogo.gif
Steak 'N Shake is around here but I never tried them. I'll have to swing by there in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip Mike.

I don't normally like fast food burgers - usually go for the chicken because it just seems 'safer' :lol - but I LOVE In-N-Out - love dipping the well-done fries in the spread (thanks, now I have to have some for dinner).

But this is my all-time favorite fast food, and they don't have them in Cali :( The fries are to die for! and they have most excellent chicken fingers and gravy:

whataburger.jpg

P.S. Count me among the Carl's Jr. hating crowd. Every time I go there everything is soggy, even the fried stuff.

Mmmmm, animal style! :drool

I thought the "flying dutchman" was when they put fries on the burger for you .... huh, learn something new (and important) everyday.

:huh

I don't think we have an In-N-Out burger but we do have Dick's. :) And I loved Whataburger when I was in New Mexico.

Curse all you California folks! I've only had the pleasure of tasting In-N-Out burger 5 times in my life on various business trips (and 2 stops during Star Wars Celebration IV). Living on the east coast, I never have found a local burger joint that could compare to the yummy food there. How can you go wrong with fresh meat and fries cut right before your eyes? I'm not even a fast food eater, generally, but I get huge cravings for In-N-Out whenever I read west coast threads like this. :monkey5 :monkey2

Funny story: my boss actually turned me on to this place during a very tedious photoshoot in LA. Now, I had been a vegetarian for over 6 years, but I don't know if it was the frustration from a tough client earlier in the day, submitting to peer pressure, or the damned smell of the place, but I HAD to have that burger. Later that night, I called my wife and asked her to guess what I did that day. Since it was my first time in LA, she had all sorts of interesting guesses. I felt like a moron when I said "no, honey... I ate a hamburger!" :monkey1 I could almost hear her rolling her eyes from the other end of the line. "Yeah, so?" :rotfl

I'm telling you guys, Steak N Shake is the TOP DOG. They have real Sirloin Steakburgers (No Ground Beef here) and they are flat as hell (get a double) and taste unbelievable. Then they have shoestring fries and amazing shakes. Ever since I came back from the East Coast and can't have it, its never been the same.....

ani-shake.gif

...and of course, the nearest Steak N Shake to my house is over 9 hours away. Man, I just can't win. :monkey2

Though I did try them during SW Celebration III in Indianapolis. I must have gone on an off night, because I got a soggy patty and cold fries. :monkey1 The milkshake was excellent, though.

Come to think of it, EVERY place I ate at in Indianapolis was somehow "Steak" related. There was Steak N Shake, Steak And Ale, and the restaurant near our hotel was Waffle & Steak. Kinda freaked us out after awhile. :D

I don't normally like fast food burgers - usually go for the chicken because it just seems 'safer' :lol - but I LOVE In-N-Out - love dipping the well-done fries in the spread (thanks, now I have to have some for dinner).

But this is my all-time favorite fast food, and they don't have them in Cali :( The fries are to die for! and they have most excellent chicken fingers and gravy:

whataburger.jpg

P.S. Count me among the Carl's Jr. hating crowd. Every time I go there everything is soggy, even the fried stuff.

Whataburger :rotfl:rotfl I remember driving around Texas and there was a whataburger and a dairy queen on every freaking city block

Whataburger :rotfl:rotfl I remember driving around Texas and there was a whataburger and a dairy queen on every freaking city block
Thats funny in all my work travels I found this one odd thing, if there is a small town it will have a Dairy Queen. I have had to goto and drive through a ton of small towns and they all seem to have Dairy Queens. A few of the places it was the only place to eat.

Whataburger is great! Only thing I miss about Houston. Is Steak N Shake a sit down place where they take your order?

On my last trip to CA I was taken to a In-N-Out. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. I have to admit, I didn't find the food out there all that great. Must be the water. My friend who was born and raised in NY (Da Bronx!) and has lived in CA for the past 15 years agrees. He says nothing is as good as NY food. As for burgers, all fast food joints are the same to me. Sorry.

Let the bashing begin.

Eric

Thats funny in all my work travels I found this one odd thing, if there is a small town it will have a Dairy Queen. I have had to goto and drive through a ton of small towns and they all seem to have Dairy Queens. A few of the places it was the only place to eat.

:rotfl:rotfl I know it's creepy. Where I was in Texas, it was a bunch of small town and that held true. I think it's actually written in the town charter to have a Dairy Queen.

:rotfl:rotfl I know it's creepy. Where I was in Texas, it was a bunch of small town and that held true. I think it's actually written in the town charter to have a Dairy Queen.

Seriously, every small town in Texas has a Dairy Queen. I don't think you are allowed to be a town without a DQ.

whataburger.jpg

I like the shakes at Whataburger. I hardly ever eat fast food anymore but as far as burgers go my favorites are Wendy's and Whataburger.

Back