[iminime] Trekking into theDark - Brash Captain|Vulcan First Officer NEW SCULPT PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aha! the perspective on the shot makes one seem MUCH smaller... but now I see the paint issues... not good... not for $400+

Got them today. Overall, really pleased. Swapped the body's on both and that alone makes a huge difference.

Original body on left and TTM22 on right.

003_1_zps0160f55f.jpg

Both swapped to TTM22's.

007_1_zpsceb13989.jpg

008_1_zpsee669874.jpg

Ugh, I want that TTM22 Slim body. But I also don't want to pay $70+ to get one.

Body swap does make a big difference. I recall saying that the body on Spock looked too bulky. I'll have to plan on getting a replacement. Would be great to get the rest of the crew, or at least Uhura and Scotty, but don't see that happening.

Body swap does make a big difference. I recall saying that the body on Spock looked too bulky. I'll have to plan on getting a replacement. Would be great to get the rest of the crew, or at least Uhura and Scotty, but don't see that happening.

Don't say that! My life won't be complete without an Uhura.

I was chatting with a guy at Toythrob a few weeks ago about sculpt suggestions (namely Zoe Saldana and Jennifer Lawrence, plus some more Supernatural sculpts to go with their Castiel), and he said if there was enough interest they would potentially do them.

So maybe we'll at least get a headsculpt someday.

Agree. I think i remember you asking for some shot's on a slim.

I guess if enough people ask for more crew, then Denny would want to do it.

I finally picked mine up today from the Post Office. I was nervous because my shipping just said Kirk but I ordered both.
Fortunately both heads and uniforms arrived. I didn't have the money for the full sets.

Kirk looks great on a regular (narrow) Truetype.
Here he is with custom boots and a Playmates phaser:
13340413523_57a3169712_b.jpg

The seam near the back of the collar is unfortunately opening up but at least it's in the back. I wouldn't advise too many body changes for these uniforms though.
I guess I'll just have to imagine he is having a rough mission:
13340656754_db56f4da76_b.jpg

I do have a slim Truetype that I was considering for Spock but the height is too small and Zachary Quinto is taller the Chris Pine. It won't help the the Kirk sculpt came with a longer neck that the Spock sculpt. I am thinking I might go for a TTL body for Spock and save the slim for Sulu if he is ever released.

Didn't I say early on in this thread to see what he looks like on a slim because Spock looked too bulky? Man, so much could have been avoided if they had just used different slim bodies. :gah:

Got some better pic's in light. Still not the best, but it gives a good idea if your thinking of a body swap.

001_1_zpsb95f8b2e.jpg

Also got this in the same parcel. Just have to put it together now.

011_1_zps1bf7c9bd.jpg

013_1_zps99425005.jpg

015_1_zpsb41f4c78.jpg

The sculpts came from the same place. One on the full figure and i ordered and an extra. I was just trying to show off the 2 very different paint jobs i received. It might be hard to tell with the crappy photo but the one on the right colors are flat and dull from the hair to the skin to the lips... i probably would have never noticed if i didnt get the really nice one to compare. Do you think they just missed putting gloss on it?

I missed that option. I thought they were only selling full figures.
Are the sculpts still available on their own?

I missed that option. I thought they were only selling full figures.
Are the sculpts still available on their own?

No, you could buy the head only, the head +the outfit (without the boots and accessories), or the full figure.

I don't think so.

Back