Iforigno Darth Vader Custom Cape/Tunic Sets *Now Accepting Orders, Info on Post #580*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth vader cape interest thread

Personally, I'd like to see the collar be able to go on the outsie of the mask to help fill in the gape between his head and shoulders, liker here.

where-science-meets-imagination-darth-vader-2-x2000.jpg

Even though in ANH it was always under the mask, in the later films it made its way outside the mask and like I said, if you don't do the dome mod, it'd be a way to fill in the negative space between the helmet and shoulders.

sounds good, well I am off to bed as I have gotten probably 10 hours of sleep the last few days and I am dead tired. I will have the proto 90% done by tomorrow and then I will let you guys know more info about ordering and pricing.

Just one thing I have made batman capes in the past and have made them pretty quickly, but I am going to take my time on these vader capes more so I ask that you have a little patience. It should take me around 1 week for completion of a cape and robe, but again I will let you know more info soon.

I am going to be adding the colar and chain as well, this is only the prototype

Sideshow's Vader will achieve new heights of sheer awesomeness with the new cape and robe/tunic!
I'm really very excited about this.

I am going to be adding the colar and chain as well, this is only the prototype

Oh I know, I just wasn't sure if how you might do them would prevent putting it outside the mask or not is all.

As far as your turnaround time, I think everyone interested in this will be fine with a wait for the significant imrpovement it'll bring the figure and Vader's a pretty important figure in most Star Wars collections.

Sideshow's Vader will achieve new heights of sheer awesomeness with the new cape and robe/tunic!
I'm really very excited about this.

The cape shape and flow is such a defning trait of Vader and such a dominant visual of his, getting it right really goes a long way to making a nice representation of him. In fairness to Sideshow, I haven't seen anyone do it right in mass production, and in general, mass production capes aren't too good, not sure what it is about capes, but they rarely are a proper representation of the screen looks.

The timing on this is also perfect for me, as I'm getting Hurricane's upgrade set (helmet, armor and shoulder bells) probably next week!
I'm wondering whether I should do the height mod as well...

now I dont anything about vaders cape. Should the cape be a little shorter or should it drag on the floor?

It never quite drags on the floor in ANH. But remember that many here have done the height mod, so if it drags on the reg Vader it will really be dragging for those who have shaved an inch off the height.

vaderfirst1.jpg
20070127130539!Vadertantive.jpg

VaderTantive4.jpg

Looks great so far though! Awesome! Bravo!

Last edited:

Hey Lance! The Batman cape was superb, so I'm definitely in for the Vader one. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I like what you've done so far , looking forward to seeing your final prototype . The cloak / underrobe has always bugged me with the Sideshow Vader and your set is well on the way to making the difference between "okay" and "AWESOME" !

Wow, this is looking really good. Is there a price estimate yet?

I should have the final cape done in a few days. Grad school is a pain in the ass. I already know the final price for the cape and robe, but I want to wait for final pics before I release final info.

The leather collar is on the proto and looks outstanding. We will be sewing the chain into the collar soon.

Back