Iforigno Darth Vader Custom Cape/Tunic Sets *Now Accepting Orders, Info on Post #580*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth vader cape interest thread

One thing that really bugs me about the SSC cape is that the two layers of the cape are not cut to the exact same shape on mine, so it causes really awkward bunching. :monkey4

In addition to making it to thick, that's another reason to go with a single layer. :)

I just found this thread. Sweet, depending on price, I'm down for it also. I ordered 2 of your bats velvet capes cause the pics are just too sweet. Its funny, after I ordered, I was actually gonna ask you if you plan on making one for Vader. I love the freaking figure but my only complaint is the cape. When I watch the movies, its dark and drapes well, the one they used was definitely the wrong material.

Got delivery confirmation on Vader. :)

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Luv your work here!

a rough rough prototype is done. The cape and robe can be made shorter or longer and the next one will have the black chain attached to the neck. This is just showing the material and how it flows.

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

Chain:
IMG_0617.jpg

Material for colar:
IMG_0616.jpg

now I dont anything about vaders cape. Should the cape be a little shorter or should it drag on the floor?

Lookin' good so far L!

The only constructive criticism I can think of at the moment is it would be nice to see the cape laying a bit flatter on the front of the armor, but that may be a futzing issue.

Is that the 27 in iMac? I think we may have the same computer. :clap

Flow an material look good, don't know if it's a matter of futzing or if the cut would have to be different, but I feel like the front should cover his chest a bit more like the lines I drew here.

VCAPE1.jpg

now I dont anything about vaders cape. Should the cape be a little shorter or should it drag on the floor?

I think the length you've got is perfect, it touches the floor enough to sway as he walks but it doesn't drag really.

Me and Maul have the same thought about the cape in the front.

Flow an material look good, don't know if it's a matter of futzing or if the cut would have to be different, but I feel like the front should cover his chest a bit more like the lines I drew here.

VCAPE1.jpg

thank you, comments and suggestions like this will make this cape look more accurate, thanks buddy

Looking sexy!
I think MF's comments are spot on, that would enhance the look even more.

It will make the armor look better to as it will hide the shoulder pad thing Sideshow put on for shoulder articulation (assuming one is going for the ROTJ look).

The biggest thing, in my opinion, to improve already is, so that's good, which is the overall shape, that bell shape the Sideshow cape makes just isn't right.

39.jpg

It also gives a perception of his body filling out all the space under it and makes the head look too small for the body, which it really isn't

well here is proto round 2. I fixed the front of the cape. I just need one more thing, is the cape touching the ground all the way around or is it dragging in the back. I know in the front it should be touching but I was not sure about the back.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Yeah, it takes some very frustrating and time consuming futzing to make the sideshow cape look like anything other than a tent.

Holy crap that was fast! That's a huge improvement!

IMG_0622.jpg

Looks good here, especially the left side.

As far as touching the floor, I feel like it should be even to the surface all around the cape, not just front/back.

Back