Iforigno Darth Vader Custom Cape/Tunic Sets *Now Accepting Orders, Info on Post #580*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth vader cape interest thread

Any chance of just offering the cape? Not meant as offense to your work but the inner robe's acceptable enough to me to save money not buying a replacement.

I have to talk to my business partner (finacee) lol. She is the sewer and we will have to talk about pricing once the prototype is done. I just need to get my hands on a vader for that to be possible. If any of you guys who know me trust me would you be willing to lend me your vader and in return if the prototype works out you would get a free cape/robe set.

I actually don't dislike the SST cape that much, but count me in for a set of the cape and inner robe.

This is my custom cape. not a good pic because it is not ment for posting purposes

That actually looks really cool. Is that just the Sideshow cape with a wire in it?

Alright I am going to do it. I just need to get my hands on a sideshow vader for cheap. I don't care if it is open, loose or even missing parts as long as it had the complete body and cape/robe on I'm good and it will be both the cape and robe underneath as a set.

:yess:

I have to talk to my business partner (finacee) lol. She is the sewer and we will have to talk about pricing once the prototype is done. I just need to get my hands on a vader for that to be possible. If any of you guys who know me trust me would you be willing to lend me your vader and in return if the prototype works out you would get a free cape/robe set.

PM sent. :)

thanks to Maglor I have a vader coming. i will have the prototype done in 2 weeks for the robe and cape, I will post pics then. Until then please if anyone is interested just let me know.

I'm interested, but have to see the end result and get a price before committing.

Same for me.

But man, a proper cape and robe could really make this SS Vader look perfect.

One question: so of use have done a height mod to our Vader's which takes about almost an inch away. You should check to make sure you have an unmodded Vader or the cape may be too short for those with the tall version.

Mine is modded but I'm fine with the slightly longer cape than SS. Unless of course you can do the hem line to order? :D

Any chance of making the chain long enough to fit over the neck? This is my favorite Vader look:

vader_leia.jpg

Alright I am going to do it. I just need to get my hands on a sideshow vader for cheap. I don't care if it is open, loose or even missing parts as long as it had the complete body and cape/robe on I'm good and it will be both the cape and robe underneath as a set.

I will provide a vader cape if needed! Same for the robe. PM send. obviously.

can you guys please post some hi-res photos of the darth vader cape on the actual suit not the sideshow cape. The more the pics the better.

Also I will not be discussing pricing or any other info until I have the prototype done.

This one's a fan costume but still a good look at how it ought to hang.

dealorno.jpg

Darth%20Vader.jpg

where-science-meets-imagination-darth-vader-2-x2000.jpg

As others have said, having a bigger chain that shows would be good, but, I think a wire in the collar might be needed to help keep it in place once you do that.

now that it's mentioned, a wired collar would indeed be pretty nice, but I suppose I could apply a wire myself if needed :rock

I am going fabric shopping tomorrow for the main material for the cape and material for the collar as well as soon as I get maglors vader in I will start working on it.

I'll try to get it out tomorrow. :)

I would like to share my humble WIP or prototype cape, if you want to call it that way, to contribute to this thread. I do not mean to compete with ilforigno which is why I won't be offering any capes (plus, I don't have any time to take orders and ilforigno will probably do a better job). This is just in good spirit of collaboration.
Note: I know... chain needs to be painted black and I ran out of black thread and used dark blue for now:

Straight arms:
IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Bent arms pose with hands on belt:
IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

In this last picture you can see how the cape bunches up near the chain area. I'm sure this is something ilforigno can fix. Also, sorry if my borders seem a bit frayed but my blade is worn and couldn't get a precise cut. I did this rushed and with what I had at the moment. However, the neck area and chain is the only part that I feel 100% satisfied with in this proto of mine.
IMG_1580.jpg

I followed more or less the pattern from the original Sideshow cape, but I don't like how Sideshow made the sides to be shorter as you can see in my pictures (you can see that in your Vader's original cape too). Also, the Sideshow cape doesn't touch the ground and from the reference pictures posted, we can see it IS supposed to touch the ground. I'm sure ilforigno will fix that as well as make all sides fall even in height.
Definitely, as ilforigno mentioned before, an inner lining will kill the nice fall that the soft fabric gives mimicking a 1:1 cape, therefore it is not recommended.

Last edited:
Back