Iforigno Darth Vader Custom Cape/Tunic Sets *Now Accepting Orders, Info on Post #580*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth vader cape interest thread

I'm always envious of your toys, Commtech....

This is a great example of how awesome Vader will look with a properly draped cape. Excellent work!

I assume you did no mod on Vader's height, so your cape doesn't touch the ground. I modded mine so I have the opposite problem; too much material in the front that drags on the ground.

I would like to share my humble WIP or prototype cape, if you want to call it that way, to contribute to this thread. I do not mean to compete with ilforigno which is why I won't be offering any capes (plus, I don't have any time to take orders and ilforigno will probably do a better job). This is just in good spirit of collaboration.
Note: I know... chain needs to be painted black and I ran out of black thread and used dark blue for now:

Straight arms:
IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Bent arms pose with hands on belt:
IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

In this last picture you can see how the cape bunches up near the chain area. I'm sure this is something ilforigno can fix. Also, sorry if my borders seem a bit frayed but my blade is worn and couldn't get a precise cut. I did this rushed and with what I had at the moment. However, the neck area and chain is the only part that I feel 100% satisfied with in this proto of mine.
IMG_1580.jpg

I followed more or less the pattern from the original Sideshow cape, but I don't like how Sideshow made the sides to be shorter as you can see in my pictures (you can see that in your Vader's original cape too). Also, the Sideshow cape doesn't touch the ground and from the reference pictures posted, we can see it IS supposed to touch the ground. I'm sure ilforigno will fix that as well as make all sides fall even in height.
Definitely, as ilforigno mentioned before, an inner lining will kill the nice fall that the soft fabric gives mimicking a 1:1 cape, therefore it is not recommended.

wow commtech great job on the cape. Hell you are not stepping on anyones toes man you are a stand up guy that does great work.

Excellent looking cape, Commtech! That's exactly how I envisioned it to look.

That looks much much better!
Now I'm convinced that I need a custom cape for my Vader.

lforigno, are you gonna do a chain like Commtech has?

Sounds like lforigno's planning on that.

Yes I am going to be using a chain, I will also be doing the robe underneath using the rayon material.

I am intersted too! I have one of your Dark Knight capes! Thanks!

:vader cape looks much better than SS's offering.

I'm interested in one when you're ready to commission them.

Just got back from the Post Office.

Didn't get there yesterday, and I barely made it today! :panic:

It's coming priority so you should get it Friday. :peace

Yes I am going to be using a chain, I will also be doing the robe underneath using the rayon material.

Ah, excellent. This thing is gonna be amazing! :rock

Great I should have pics of the finished piece in 1 week followed by pricing details.

This is very exciting! I can already see how this SS Vader will be so much improved... this is the final key element!

Thanks for taking this on, Iforigno! :bow

I would be interested in a set of robes and a cape for sure!

JB

Back