If You Could Put A Price On Your Collection...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, around 20k (being a bit conservative) and that includes all kinds of toys (action figures, busts, statues, etc.). I'm getting rid of some little by little.

If my wife or mother found this thread I would probably be shot tomorrow. In total between my 1/12 scale and 1/8 model cars...AND my SS PF's and 1:1's.....just over $50,000.00 EASY. This is not including 2010 SS orders :google

When I got my 1:1 Darkness bust I told my mom it was $300...

When I got my CM predator I told both of them...it was $500...

When I got my 1/8 Lamborghini Reventon I told them it was $800...it was REALLY hard keeping a stright face with this one.

Fictional cost for just these three so I dont get shot: $1600
Actual cost: $10,800......:horror

and this is only a fraction of my collection...

Chris

i keep my collection in another room and since she doesn't like the wolf bust i have seldom goes in.

As they say, out of sight , out of mind :D

When I got my 1/8 Lamborghini Reventon I told them it was $800...it was REALLY hard keeping a stright face with this one.

WTF is up with that... I've never heard of this product before... but the cost for one I found on line was over 5K?!?

BTW, after checking my spreadsheet... the current value of my collection is: $29,694

But, I just completed a pretty serious sorting purge identifying a lot of smaller items totaling around $4000. So, once those are gone the current total will be: $25,559

I'd like to keep it to around the 25K-30K mark... at this point I'm pretty well maxed out on space and having to be more selective; hence the large purge.

This should be the warning sign for us:

1251a3d.jpg

You people who didn't charge your stuff are so lucky! Me, I'm clueless. I don't think ahead enough so I'm in the hole. :) Ah well. I'm attempting to sell stuff on eBay. I'll get back in the green eventually.

funny reading all the answers to this question, i've tried to guesstimate how much i'd have, maybe someday i'll sit down and actually make a running inventory sheet and value everything.

it would be good to have anyways for insurance reasons.
IF i had to guess though i would say i'd be around the 30K mark. which i don't think is that big a deal since you could go buy a new car for that and next month it's worth 10k less.

upto now its at the value of £22500, thats around $35k mostly all lifesize stuff with around another 3k on pre order, not good when your saveing for house deposit

Last edited:
Hey Chris
I killed my self laughing when I read this. It seems I am not the only one that plays this game.

My Pred 1 bust cost $250 dollars:naughty

If my wife or mother found this thread I would probably be shot tomorrow. In total between my 1/12 scale and 1/8 model cars...AND my SS PF's and 1:1's.....just over $50,000.00 EASY. This is not including 2010 SS orders :google

When I got my 1:1 Darkness bust I told my mom it was $300...

When I got my CM predator I told both of them...it was $500...

Fictional cost for just these three so I dont get shot: $1600
Actual cost: $10,800......:horror

and this is only a fraction of my collection...

Chris

$1.95.

Seriously, I love my collection, but I've yet to own a piece that actually ever increased in value.

dr-evil.jpg

:monkey3

probably between 10 & 14k...........(good god i need a ^^^^in life)

WTF is up with that... I've never heard of this product before... but the cost for one I found on line was over 5K?!?

BTW, after checking my spreadsheet... the current value of my collection is: $29,694

But, I just completed a pretty serious sorting purge identifying a lot of smaller items totaling around $4000. So, once those are gone the current total will be: $25,559

I'd like to keep it to around the 25K-30K mark... at this point I'm pretty well maxed out on space and having to be more selective; hence the large purge.

Its made by a company called Amalgam, they specialize in "made to order" VERY high qulaity model cars. They are made with very expensive materials...real carbon fiber, titanium and unmatched paint quality that Im pretty sure SS would never be able to match. I bought this Reventon for a modest 6k :monkey4......but was worth every penny. Oh ya....and its BIG!

Here are some cheap shots I took with my phone the day I brought it home. Im still working on a proper set up for this car in the theater room with my other SS pieces.

Chris

Hey Chris
I killed my self laughing when I read this. It seems I am not the only one that plays this game.

My Pred 1 bust cost $250 dollars:naughty

Unfortunately its the safest way to play bud....they would never understand if you tried to explain it to them anyway:rolleyes:

I got the 1:2 Iron man ordered and the Alien maquette coming the first half of 2010.....both under $500 LoL :rotfl

Chris

Its made by a company called Amalgam, they specialize in "made to order" VERY high qulaity model cars. They are made with very expensive materials...real carbon fiber, titanium and unmatched paint quality that Im pretty sure SS would never be able to match. I bought this Reventon for a modest 6k :monkey4......but was worth every penny. Oh ya....and its BIG!

Here are some cheap shots I took with my phone the day I brought it home. Im still working on a proper set up for this car in the theater room with my other SS pieces.

Chris

that thing is super expensive...but looks sweet :banana:banana , did you get it online?

Back