If You Could Put A Price On Your Collection...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between 20 and 25k.............

plus I have about another 2k saved up from previous sales that are reserved for 4th quarter and beyond when the big boys start to come out....

Last edited:
I spent about $4500 but most of them I did not pay full price so I'm sure it's worth a lot more....

Cheers

Just under 17,000k AUD. That is including one piece I currently
have on pre-order. Does not include the cost of the cabinets
their displayed in. I've purchased all my collectibles at retail price
or below when they are first released. I currently have 50 pieces
and have only ever sold one piece at a profit..:naughty to buy
another.
I've never purchased collectibles on credit (Dont own credit card)
have always used my own money. I'll be damned if I let a hobby
get me into debt...Also the wife would have my nutts..:D

If you include all of the ancillary costs like cases and shelves, I'm afraid it's probably close to $20,000, although I haven't been keeping track. Kind of scary, really. But then again, many people spend more than that on their cars, and I'm sure I've gotten more enjoyment out of my collectibles than I could ever get out of something like that.

I know the value of my collection (which I try to update fairly regularly) was around $25K last time I totaled it.

But I've sold some stuff recently... lot of smaller items so that number may be a bit different. Although the new stuff I'm buying tends to be much more $$$ :lol

I've got it all in a spreadsheet, but my most recent update is on my work computer. If I remember I'll post a current total tomorrow :duff

guys, this is a DANGEROUS thread. If the SO gets to read what we post here, we'd be so DEAD :D

does this include other types of collections? i mean, if i include classic cars...
anywho, as far as figures/statues i'd have to say maybe 30-40 grand over my whole life.
but, i've sold off most of that since then. so, now i'd say i have maybe 2-3 grand in the house.

i'm glad i grew out of that "gotta catch 'em all!" phase.
that gets out of hand and becomes retarded pretty quickly.
and i feel kinda bad for collectors who still do it.

I don't have an "SO" so when I get one she'll know my spending habits and will have to accept that its a package deal.

The SO can go screw themselves. They spend more than that on clothes, shoes, and other products.

Well, not mine. I'm definitely the irresponsible one in the family when it comes to spending. But my wife knows more or less what I spend. That doesn't mean she's happy about it, but it would be difficult to hide it from her for very long even if I wanted to.

I've probably put somewhere between $10,000-$15,000 in what I currently have in the house. What it's probably worth is a different story.

Probably spent way more than twice that if you count what I've bought since I started collecting. But I sold a lot of it so I only estimated based on what I still have.

No debt thankfully. All my collectibles are paid for in full.

I try to keep my collection to the 10k mark. once it passes that or gets close I'll look to sell some stuff.

Just the life size busts itself around $15k.

Yep. the 1:1 stuff are killer man. :google

The IM bust, wolf bust, wolf bio, custom AVP bios, wolf canon, wolf shuriken and P2 spear and disc had me to sell off a large section of my 1/6 collection to try to stay within the 10k boundary. :eek:

Back