I want YOU for the Steel Brigade!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered my sweater, vest and boots. Already have the pants. Trying to figure out what I want to use for gloves and gear.

John

Ok got all the parts.
Really happy with the color of the sweater.
Planning on weather him and paint the kneepads green.
But he's coming along nicely.

I went with the aribrone style torso with flak vest and straps style.

IMG_5715.jpg

So I started piecing mine together last night. Looks just like Seb's (with the exception of the signature Elvis weathering) for the most part. Same boots, pants, vest, gloves. I am using a lighter colored sweater though..... Looking forward to getting this guy together.

Wow, Elvis that looks awesome already!!!!!!

These pics are making want to kitbash one myself.

What is everyone using for bodies?

Could I use a prometheus body? Im fairly new to 1/6 and I would like to use one from another Joe to have my collection all with the sideshow joe as a base. However, I noticed that your sculpt has a neck, where as on my figures from SideShow it is just a head that pops on..

Sorry, Im fairly new and I am sure this seems like a stupid question.
If I could build the exact figure as Elvis I would be in on this buy.. I am going to start shopping the parts out.

I must of missed the Elvis bash, I went through this thread but maybe I did it here at work and not at home... :dunno

Wow, Elvis that looks awesome already!!!!!!

These pics are making want to kitbash one myself.

What is everyone using for bodies?

Could I use a prometheus body? Im fairly new to 1/6 and I would like to use one from another Joe to have my collection all with the sideshow joe as a base. However, I noticed that your sculpt has a neck, where as on my figures from SideShow it is just a head that pops on..

Sorry, Im fairly new and I am sure this seems like a stupid question.
If I could build the exact figure as Elvis I would be in on this buy.. I am going to start shopping the parts out.

You shouldn't have any difficulty popping Mando's head on a Pro if you pick up a TT short neck adaptor.

Anyone have any leads on something that can work for gauntlets? I am going for a slight PMC look and have black gloved hands (short) and was thinking about picking up some kind of wrist/forearm accessory (tactical knife, wrist compass, etc.).

Looks good Mando and is that Airtight's helmet beside it?

Thanks, Starr! That's actually Wild Weasle. If there was burner beyond the back burner Airtight would be on that one. :eek:

Anyone have any leads on something that can work for gauntlets? I am going for a slight PMC look and have black gloved hands (short) and was thinking about picking up some kind of wrist/forearm accessory (tactical knife, wrist compass, etc.).

You could go for that knife setup HT John Connor had on his wrist. Other than that your best bet would be Snake Eyes's gear but I can't think of any place with his parts on hand.

Helmet is 90% done, Gentlemen... and Nam. ;)

Now this is really coming together, awesome bash Elvis! So far I love what I see, but I'm less likely to bash one together and buy Mando's sculpt (which looks great so far) because I really feel Sideshow might release a Steel Brigade someday.
It's not too far fetched to imagine Sideshow having a questionnaire preorder someday just like the original hasbro figure and printing the custom info onto a 1:1 dog tag that incorporates into a custom display base.
But I may save up to get Mando's brigade head sculpt if it turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back