I just can't stop watching Star Wars..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought you all needed to know.

Nice avatar foo.

I see you're busy watching Star Wars movies instead of watching your favorite hockey team get its ass handed to them on a silver platter by an offensive inept New York Rangers team. :rock

So I see you're running away from that disgrace,

scared that you'll get laughed and owned up all in yo face...

Saying we will... we will... ROCK YOU! ROCK YOU! :rock

Seriously Kit, get into the NHL 2008/09 playoffs thread! I can't taunt you at my best with you not posting in there.

P.S. Valarmov was solid.

I actually can't watch them all the time. I hate overkill and over-saturation of anything in my life, and I feel that it takes away the feelings I have for a thing. This goes for Stars Wars, music, sushi, or sex. Okay, maybe not sex so much... I don't want Star Wars, something I hold so dear to be exciting, emotional, and even life-shaping, to be something in constant. rotation in my home as I vacuum or balance my checkbook. I do put them on a few time a year, though, and I'll watch whatever supplements or making ofs more frequently.

What I've been getting into is fan edits like the aforementioned Star Wars: Revisited. The OOT will always be my standard for what we now know as ANH, but as long as changes have been made, it's the way I would want my perfect Star Wars to be. Also there's the Phantom Edit that makes Episode I actually watchable. I didn't yell at my screen once! It even has an excellent second audio track by the Phantom Editor that talks about why he cut the things he did, and he goes into hw to make a god story, a good movie, and why Lucas' editing decisions were weak. HIGHLY recommended at a torrent near you.

Highest recommendations go to Jambe Davdar's Star Wars making ofs:
• Empire of Dreams
• Returning To Jedi
• Forthcoming Star Wars Begins

So, yeah, I ain't gonna stop watching or loving Star Wars. I feel its ridiculous to call it a religion, but it's in my blood - unlike midichlorians ;)

Yikes. You should show them ANH: Revisited. Between the color correction, improved effects and editing, corrected continuity gaffs and scraping of some of the SE excesses, it's definitely the best and most modern feeling version. It's the only version I watch anymore.

Seeing SW on Spike today has me even more excited for the ESB : Revisited next year. :rock Adywan is making great progress.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/J3F0YefAQLA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/J3F0YefAQLA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Oh man I know! I love adywan's stuff. :rock

Can't wait for his version of ESB.

Highest recommendations go to Jambe Davdar's Star Wars making ofs:
• Empire of Dreams
• Returning To Jedi
• Forthcoming Star Wars Begins

You must mean Building Empire.. Empire of Dreams was a self-serving LFL documentary. :lol

If I had the skills, I would SO splice the original Han/Greedo scene into the SE. :(

You've got see Adywan's ANH Revisited edit. It is the best version of the special edition out there and really is what the Special Edition could have/should have been. Greedo doesn't shoot, and Han doesn't step on Jabba's tail. Plus there's a few other goodies that make it very well done.

Yikes. You should show them ANH: Revisited. Between the color correction, improved effects and editing, corrected continuity gaffs and scraping of some of the SE excesses, it's definitely the best and most modern feeling version. It's the only version I watch anymore.

Definitely my favorite. Even his discretionary changes are still better than the worst changes that Lucas made.

So where do you get that? Is the whole thing just on youtube?

You can download it through the bit torrents, or if you have a dual layer (or single layer if you don't mind the slightly decreased video quality) disc laying around I could always burn a copy for you. Just send me a PM if you want. You used to be able to get it from fanedit.org, but just recently the MPAA forced them to pull all the download links.

I highly recommend Adywan's edit for anyone who loves the original Star Wars and wants to see a real special edition and an alternate take on what it could be.

Can't wait for Empire Revisted!

I will always love the original SW movies. The special editions and the new trilogy don't exist to me.

I wish he would have put the destruction of Alderaan on his ANH edit. I loved seeing the oceans boil over and Bail speaking with Jar-jar as the planet expoded. :lol

I wish he would have put the destruction of Alderaan on his ANH edit. I loved seeing the oceans boil over and Bail speaking with Jar-jar as the planet expoded. :lol

It's an easter egg on the DVD as it belongs! :lol Funny stuff but very glad it's not in the final edit. In fact, I can't think of anything that I disagree with he did. The re-edited, re-scored DV/OBI duel was great as was the DS battle, using bits of the radio drama was brillant, Dr. E's arm being cut off, Chewbacca getting his medal, R2's "eye" color change, the Battle droid cameo in the Sandcrawler, and, of course, Han shooting first, no Jabba, and the original DS explosion, all awesome changes for the better.

If you haven't seen it, you seriously must! It helped re-ignite my passion for SW after the craptacular PT. Adywan is my hero!

I can't believe he's building sets and a new Wampa for ESB! The trailer comes out in May! :joy But that's nothing compared to the bigger changes he has planned for RotJ: Revisited. :rock

I just can't watch star wars. Every time I put it on, I find something else to do.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/RRsgDudT7D4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/RRsgDudT7D4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can't help but hope that i love the new TV series like the Sopranos or something.(since it's supposed to be edgy and darker) I really want to be able to just totally dig it. I hope it's good, CW is for kiddies, so make this good George!

I can't help but think it will be at the very least interesting. A perspective of the IMPS and Rebels sides can only be anything but boring IMO...Looking forward to it.

Back