I just can't stop watching Star Wars..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be pleasantly surprised. My girlfriend, who is 23, had never seen it until a couple of years ago. She's quite the film snob, so I had no hopes. I was surprised when she found it, and I quote, "really entertaining." :lol

I actually can't wait, and she has enjoyed any other Sci-Fi or Fantasy stuff I have given her. She loves Harry Potter, and while it may seem quaint by today's standards, Star Wars is still really enjoyable.

Seaward said:
I will be watching Star Wars: A New Hope with my fiancee on Saturday. She has never seen it before, but she has seen the prequels. I am not sure how she'll respond. I am sure she'll think some of it is cheesy, and it looks somewhat dated, but I hope she likes it, and we'll be watching the non-special edition. My buddy who has tens of thousands of Hasbro/Kenner Star Wars toys is having us over, and I think it'll be interesting to have her finally look at some of his collection, like his cantina display, and watch the lightbulb go off.

Every person I have shown ANH to for the first time was pretty bored with the original ANH but liked the SE ANH... food for thought... :monkey1

I just can't bear to have her see the awful digital Han jump and the Jabba insert. I'd like her to see how she responds to the original.

That would just about solve my only gripe with ANH SE. If you ever figure out how to splice, we could switch out Jedi Rocks for Lapti Nek, and I would be one happy Star Wars geek!:rotfl

Seaward said:
That would just about solve my only gripe with ANH SE. If you ever figure out how to splice, we could switch out Jedi Rocks for Lapti Nek, and I would be one happy Star Wars geek!:rotfl

I do the same thing. :lol

LAPTI NEK! Booda di doo doo badda didda doo dah!

Lapti Nek was so foreign and strange sounding, whereas Jedi Rocks could even possibly get radio airplay. I liked the idea that aliens in the SW universe would behave wholly different from us, and it wasn't a bad thing.

Monk said:
G4 special? What's that? :confused:

Oh, and my SW addiction has reached ridiculous proportions. By the time I graduated high school, I had seen the original 242 times. Yes. I counted.

But I've since lost count. That was 18 years ago, and I'm sure that it's now twice that number. I took a day late last year and watched all six in a row. I'm feeling the call to do it again.

I'm selling my PF Lurtz exclusive, my Buffy exclusive and possibly my Wolverine exclusive so that I can afford the Biker Scout PF. So there's no doubt now as to which SS franchise holds my true loyalty.

Last Friday the cable channel G4 ran a 2 hour Star Wars special from the floor of Celebration IV. It was okay overall, it just seems like they are targetting a younger, less serious crowd. History Channel had better specials in my opinion.

I sometimes wonder how many times I've seen each of these movies. Hundreds? Sounds low. Thousands? Sounds scary. It's almost sad, but ^^^^ it, I'm addicted as well and always will be:rock

Every person I have shown ANH to for the first time was pretty bored with the original ANH but liked the SE ANH... food for thought... :monkey1

Yikes. You should show them ANH: Revisited. Between the color correction, improved effects and editing, corrected continuity gaffs and scraping of some of the SE excesses, it's definitely the best and most modern feeling version. It's the only version I watch anymore.

Seeing SW on Spike today has me even more excited for the ESB : Revisited next year. :rock Adywan is making great progress.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/J3F0YefAQLA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/J3F0YefAQLA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I'm watching SW right now :horror

wooww.jpg

Its all good. I watch all 6 movies consecutively in 20 minute lots with my breakfast. It takes about a week to get through one movie. Its a good way to start the day:monkey5

Yikes. You should show them ANH: Revisited. Between the color correction, improved effects and editing, corrected continuity gaffs and scraping of some of the SE excesses, it's definitely the best and most modern feeling version. It's the only version I watch anymore.

So where do you get that? Is the whole thing just on youtube?

Back