I just can't stop watching Star Wars..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded this over the last few days and finally watched it last night. All I can say is simply amazing! Everything from the tiniest details like smoothing jumpy cuts like when Luke first ignites his lightsaber at Ben's house, getting rid of the silly droid 'comedy moments' and jawa falling off the ronto in the Mos Eisley intro, Han shoots first! - to the now appropriately larger battle over the Death Star, the much better Falcon fight with the TIE sentry ships and Chewie gets a medal!!!

This will be the version that I watch from now on too!

When is ESB coming out?

Not until 2010. :monkey2

Nice one! Chineeeeese take away :drool

I always get hungry during Luke's dinner time with his aunt n uncle in ANH. That stuff he's drinking looks like choc milkshake!

I watched this again the other day and didn't notice on first viewing how Adywan had added little facial movements to the cantina alien clientele... this is truly amazing work! Ponda Baba's angry brow (not sure about his new hand tho...), Greedo blinking and Snaggletooth's snout all now move! Sorry to sound all gushy but this has 100% improved ANH & made me love it all over again. Also showed how much tolerance I had to the appalling Special Editions that I had come to accept as the most up to date versions... not any more.

:bow Adywan

I watched this again the other day and didn't notice on first viewing how Adywan had added little facial movements to the cantina alien clientele... this is truly amazing work! Ponda Baba's angry brow (not sure about his new hand tho...), Greedo blinking and Snaggletooth's snout all now move! Sorry to sound all gushy but this has 100% improved ANH & made me love it all over again. Also showed how much tolerance I had to the appalling Special Editions that I had come to accept as the most up to date versions... not any more.

:bow Adywan

Hey Karaduin, where did you download this from?

The Purist Revisited or the Revisited, which is better?
[Only one way to find out. FIGHT]

But yeh, which would be better to get?

Bit-torrent, weighing in at 1.6gb (took 3 days cos there werent that many seeding) which leads me to believe theres an even better quality version out there. I'm sure I read in this thread that a DVD playable version exists with menus, extras and everything. The one I got still looks good tho... I was surprised to see that it worked in my Xbox 360 and can now watch it on my 32" 720p telly!

If you're not too familiar with torrents I'd PM one of our fellow freaks and ask if they dont mind burning a disc for you. I'd do it for you but I'm in the UK so it'd take longer to send out - see if you can get the better DVD version too. However, shoot me a PM if you dont have any luck.

Hope I dont get in trouble for condoning downloading... but I've bought SW movies many times over the years... VHS tape, remastered, laser disc, special editions, DVD special editions the whole shabang... and I imagine many other freaks here have done the same. So stfu GL and let us enjoy this version of ANH that you so royally f-ed up and which should be thrown into the trash compactor. :D

I watched Revisited - a fine blend of the original theatrical version with the best of bits of the Special Edition with a healthy dollop of Adywans creativity and skill. It rules.

Huh? There's a Purist Revisited? Whats that!?!

Well I believe it's the same but just with some of Adywan's changes took out, for the Purists of the OT.
I've asked on the origtrilogy forums for a DVD of it but so far no luck. Due to people not thanking Adywan for uploading and sharling links, he's not making the DVD's or giving out links for it.
I hate torrents.

Bit-torrent, weighing in at 1.6gb (took 3 days cos there werent that many seeding) which leads me to believe theres an even better quality version out there.

There is. The one I have is 7.9 GB and includes artwork to make new jewel sleeves AND a pdf presentation outlining every single change he made.

I agree with Karaduin though. This for me is the definitive version and the one I go back to watch.

I watched Revisited - a fine blend of the original theatrical version with the best of bits of the Special Edition with a healthy dollop of Adywans creativity and skill. It rules.

Huh? There's a Purist Revisited? Whats that!?!

Esentially, the Purist version is closer to the theatrical edit, with less tweaks than the Revisited edition. For instance, the Vader-Kenobi duel is the same re-edited, amped-up version that appears in Revisted, but without the music from Episode 3. In the Death Star battle, the TIE Fighter reveal shot is still Adywan's reworked "straight at the camera" approach, but there is no extended battle sequence and no Imperial March. The discussion in Kenobi's hut, reworked in Revisited(hologram first, then discussion of Kenobi's past), is back to the original version.

There are several other examples, but it's been awhile since I've watched the Purist Version.

Last edited:
There is. The one I have is 7.9 GB and includes artwork to make new jewel sleeves AND a pdf presentation outlining every single change he made.

I agree with Karaduin though. This for me is the definitive version and the one I go back to watch.

That's the version I have, with the deleted Luke and Biggs Tattoine scene cleaned up, as much as possible and the 3D jabba the Hutt scene. This IS Star Wars for me now. Adywan has shown us what the Special Editions SHOULD have been.

^

Bump

Was watching this tonight

Would love the deleted Biggs scene in a Blu-ray release. His death at the end of ANH means so much more with it in IMO.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aziOgYTGNmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aziOgYTGNmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/AfYECNUzn1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/AfYECNUzn1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back