I Found the Cure to Obsessive Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can appreciate you still live with each other at the mo, but you still share a bed?...and cuddle?!:huh
I split with my girl of 4yrs nearly 6months ago and it's been a living nightmare ever since. Saying that, my collecting is strong as ever and i've started seeing a girl. Life goes on. Its hard but you need to move on. Trust me I'm talking from experience.

Well we are both babysitting my nieces and nephews tonight. We have an appointment to see a doc about our issues next week. It probably won't change anything, and she even told me I should try and ask out this girl I kind of was attracted to, but you can tell she is hurting, as am I. We're trying to move from relationship to friends too fast. I am not ready to date and I now she is not either. I texted her today "I feel so sad." and she answered "It's okay. I am sad too! Just know I love you and you're wonderful!" What can I say, I love this girl.

Not to sound overly callous but you need to kick her to the curb ASAP.

All these deep heart to heart talks and sleeping in the same bed is a bunch of hooey.

Staying with her is just gonna make things worse for you. It's already started with you breaking down and falling into depression.

You need to move on, man.

Things will get better over time, bro. Trust me.

I hope for nothing but the best for you.

man....Im sure you wont listen, but my brother was the same, he was all messed up over a girl that "loved him" they "broke up" same as you, still slept in the same bed still said they loved eachother, even had a kid. One night he comes home after work finds her in bed with another man. He also said I didnt understand and that she wouldnt do that to him. Judging from what I've known to happen it'd be best just to let her leave and live your life

Well we are both babysitting my nieces and nephews tonight. We have an appointment to see a doc about our issues next week. It probably won't change anything, and she even told me I should try and ask out this girl I kind of was attracted to, but you can tell she is hurting, as am I. We're trying to move from relationship to friends too fast. I am not ready to date and I now she is not either. I texted her today "I feel so sad." and she answered "It's okay. I am sad too! Just know I love you and you're wonderful!" What can I say, I love this girl.

That says it all to me. I've given you my advice, all I can say now is good luck and I hope it doesn't get worse.

I can appreciate you still live with each other at the mo, but you still share a bed?...and cuddle?!:huh
I split with my girl of 4yrs nearly 6months ago and it's been a living nightmare ever since. Saying that, my collecting is strong as ever and i've started seeing a girl. Life goes on. Its hard but you need to move on. Trust me I'm talking from experience.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I move on fast, but even if I do get a new gf, my ex will be the first to know. We are that close. Like I said, If I don't marry her, she's my best man at the wedding. I do plan on dating again, just not right now. And yes, we still share a bed and cuddle.

That says it all to me. I've given you my advice, all I can say now is good luck and I hope it doesn't get worse.

Appreciate it. I was kind of egging her on when I asked her if I should hit on the girl and she first said yes. Then she said obviously she doesn't want me to but that's the thing with break-ups. I do appreciate everyone's advice though :peace It's helped me feel better.

What the _____k for? Its a waste of money. The doctor isnt going to tell you nothing that you dont already know. He or she is just going to take your money. Relationship Therpy is pure crap.

She's going to tell you what you want to hear. She knows your not going to date anyone right now.

Not to sound overly callous but you need to kick her to the curb ASAP.

All these deep heart to heart talks and sleeping in the same bed is a bunch of hooey.

I hope for nothing but the best for you.

Yep, she doesnt want to move out so she is trying to keep things semi cozy but its just crap.

One night he comes home after work finds her in bed with another man.

No doubt his girlfriend is interested in another guy. its only a matter of time before something happens.

man....Im sure you wont listen, but my brother was the same, he was all messed up over a girl that "loved him" they "broke up" same as you, still slept in the same bed still said they loved eachother, even had a kid. One night he comes home after work finds her in bed with another man. He also said I didnt understand and that she wouldnt do that to him. Judging from what I've known to happen it'd be best just to let her leave and live your life

I plan on doing that, but also getting as much movie watching and Red Dead playing I can with her before she leaves. Oh, and I know it seems weird to think she actually has a time line to start seeing other men again, but knowing her, it's true. She is a hard egg to crack, she does not date often and has been cheated on before by an ex. Her mom and I are close, and her mom told me she wants to focus on school and to not write off the relationship yet, but just live my life and enjoy the freedom. So that's what I am going to do.

well, its always been my motto that even when someone else tells you otherwise deep down you know best and you know her better than all of us :lol so, I trust you'll make a great decision

I understand what you guys are saying but she is not that kind of person. I decided I need to be the better person. I can't kick her out even if I should because I care about her and she has nowhere else to go. She never cared about money or material things. She would never stay with me just so she wouldn't have to pay rent. In fact, after she moved in with me she tried to give my dad (who pays the utilities on the apartment) $200 a month but he never took it. One of her greatest fears is to be seen as a freeloader. She could easily stay with my mom, but she really wants to live with me. This is why our relationship is odd.

I don't care what type of person she is. She doesn't want to be with you. So guess what that means? It's time to focus on you and what makes YOU happy and what will help YOU heal and become a better person. Having her around will NOT help YOU. It WILL make things worse.

Yep, women dont change their feelings that fast. Something has to occur to make that change happen ie another guy... or gal.

Well, she said it was something she thought about saying for a while and she didn't want to lie to me about wanting to be in a relationship. She doesn't want a relationship anymore, with anyone. I did piss her off though, which seemed to be the straw...I told her to bring me something to eat for dinner as she was hanging out with her girlfriends. She came home past 9pm with a burrito for me, then she ate half of it. I got upset and overly dramatic about the burrito. She said she was still hungry and that I was making too big a deal about the burrito, and I apologized and said it was because I was feeling sick. But I just couldn't let the whole burrito thing go, and I brought it up again a few min later when everything was fine, which brought out the break-up conversation.

"____ Pride" :lecture

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DicYF4RQBnU&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DicYF4RQBnU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That explains everything. She is feeling guilty for something. Probably even has feelings for someone else.

Trust me dude I have been through this. I will say it one more time and then I'm done here. KICK HER OUT! Thank you. :duff

Also good luck man. I feel for you. It's never a fun thing to go through.

I don't care what type of person she is. She doesn't want to be with you. So guess what that means? It's time to focus on you and what makes YOU happy and what will help YOU heal and become a better person. Having her around will NOT help YOU. It WILL make things worse.

I understand this. I will try my best, but like I said, I will be sans her in a couple months anyway. We will see how it goes and move on from there I guess. Appreciate the advice.

Well, she said it was something she thought about saying for a while and she didn't want to lie to me about wanting to be in a relationship. She doesn't want a relationship anymore, with anyone. I did piss her off though, which seemed to be the straw...I told her to bring me something to eat for dinner as she was hanging out with her girlfriends. She came home past 9pm with a burrito for me, then she ate half of it. I got upset and overly dramatic about the burrito. She said she was still hungry and that I was making too big a deal about the burrito, and I apologized and said it was because I was feeling sick. But I just couldn't let the whole burrito thing go, and I brought it up again a few min later when everything was fine, which brought out the break-up conversation.

Bold Lie.

The burrito thing was the last straw as you said. She's been thinking about braking up for sometime right?

That explains everything. She is feeling guilty for something. Probably even has feelings for someone else.

Trust me dude I have been through this. I will say it one more time and then I'm done here. KICK HER OUT! Thank you. :duff

Also good luck man. I feel for you. It's never a fun thing to go through.

LC listen to BadMoon. Pure wisdom right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back