Hulk Premium Format: PLEASE HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe he is lying about not seeing any pieces in the box...how do we really know? How?

:lol

Why would I be lying about not seeing pieces in the box? How does that make any sense at all?

Speak to anyone who owns one and they will tell you there is a cut out in the foam where the hand goes, and that the hand is not physically able to touch any part of that foam. If I have a second I'll take a picture of that spot in the foam to prove there is no sign of paint rubbing where the hand would go too.

EDIT: Here are pictures of the big cut out part where the hand rests. I encourage you to ask others who own it to confirm that the hand sits freely in that spot and does not touch anything when it is closed in and taped up. If the damage was caused in this foam box, you would certainly see some kind of mark in here; do you agree? Remember that the mark goes through two layers of paint and chips into the polystone.

P2252561.jpg

P2252560.jpg

Now, please don't accuse me of lying about something-- especially when it would make absolutely no sense for me to lie about it.

Last edited:
You've got 45 days to file a Paypal claim. Just for the sake of working with the guy, you might consider giving him a week to try and work out the FedEx claim business, but similarly, I wouldn't wait very long. However, if you really believe there is no chance that the shipping caused the issue, then the seller loses the benefit of the doubt and the right to have you act friendly toward him. I would make 100% sure that Paypal will refund you once you put it in the mail, though.

FedEx sucks huge donkey balls in my experience, so I wouldn't rely on them to do a damn thing correctly, anyway.

I certainly have no problem trying to work with the seller. I have been nothing but cordial so far, although I did tell him that while I don't think it was damaged in shipping, the chances of it being damaged in shipping would have decreased if he wrapped it in the soft foam sheets instead of bunching them up and sticking them in an empty area in the foam.

The only thing Paypal warned me of is that if I allow Fedex to come pick it up and investigate a claim, it could take more than the time I have to file a Buyer Protection claim and I could end up being out the money and even the statue. They suggested that I ask him to refund me before releasing it to Fedex.

You can return it. Unfortunately though you will probably lose all shipping money if you do. That's something to consider.

I tend to avoid opened stuff because of problems like this.

this seller ripped you off. no way in hell this cost $95.00 to ship from NY to CT. no way! no way! take it from somewho has shipped atleast 4 hulks.

It all depends on who he used to ship it. My Gray Hulk was $135 to ship from Cali to Ohio...because the guy used USPS.:banghead It would have been $41 via Fedex. Seller is a buddy of mine so he only got a tongue lashing, lol since he sold it for C+S...this was when it first came out.

Maybe he is lying about not seeing any pieces in the box...how do we really know? How?

:lol

Why would I be lying about not seeing pieces in the box? How does that make any sense at all?

Speak to anyone who owns one and they will tell you there is a cut out in the foam where the hand goes, and that the hand is not physically able to touch any part of that foam. If I have a second I'll take a picture of that spot in the foam to prove there is no sign of paint rubbing where the hand would go too.

I think Deadly Dagger is referring that the seller is lying...not you ozzfan84.

"This' a pickle, no doubt about it." --Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

File a claim, this seller doesn't sound like he wants to work with you.

:lecture

Personally I wouldn't buy anything more than $200 bucks without asking for a few individual pics. Unless its not a rare items. Stock pics from manufacture/distributor ain't gonna cut it. Even so, seller might still be using the same personal pics from other auction/sales but at least its a step safer. E-mail for pics is a safer bet especially for a high priced items. And you can post em here for confirmation that its not possibly from a ****** bag.

You can return it. Unfortunately though you will probably lose all shipping money if you do. That's something to consider.

I tend to avoid opened stuff because of problems like this.

I already told the seller I understand that I have to pay for return shipping, as it is part of the Buyer Protection Policy. It's a loss I'll have to take.

As for the opened stuff thing, it was listed as being in new condition with some box wear from storage. I was lead to believe it was new. :monkey2

If there were no paint chips or scrapings on the foam , it was damaged before it was shipped. This looks to be a case of the seller wanting to get market value for a damaged item. His intent possibly could have been to see if you the buyer would not complain, or try to get a claim from the shipper. If it was me, I would send it back, or ask for a partial refund to fix the damage. If you plan to keep it, you can figure out an amount that you are comfortable with.

It would be easy to fill that damage and repaint. Without an airbrush, you might not get an exact match. So, down the road if you resell, you will have to disclose the damage, and you will take a hit on the selling price. I would not let him file a claim on this and wait, as it is obvious it was not damaged during shipping.
If it was me, and obviously you are not me, I would ask for a 150.00 partial refund. If he did not agree to that, I would send it back with signature confirmation and eat the shipping cost. I do not think it will cost 100.00 to ship, he probably made 40.00 or so off the shipping. Anytime I buy a higher end item off ebay, I request pics of the actual item. This helps to avoid these types of situations. I hope it works out for you. Just my 2 cents.:peace

I already told the seller I understand that I have to pay for return shipping, as it is part of the Buyer Protection Policy. It's a loss I'll have to take.

As for the opened stuff thing, it was listed as being in new condition with some box wear from storage. I was lead to believe it was new. :monkey2

I understand. I've had similar problems. It's a shame there are dishonest sellers using ebay to unload damaged items. And the older an item is, the higher the chance of a problem.

I thought Ebay's new buyer protection covers shipping too if it's not delivered or as described.

Good point. Maybe he could get a complete refund. That's what I would do if possible. Return shipping included?

unless there was some gravel packed with him inside the box that damage happened before it was shipped.
screw him and return it imo, get a mint one somewhere else.

I can see paint rubbing or cracking happening in transit but a chip like that with no fragments to be found? Either his hand must be up against another hard surface (stone etc) or damage was there b4 it shipped.

It looks like the seller is willing to work with me on this.

He says he would prefer for me to send it back to him, and then he will refund me and initiate an insurance claim. I wrote back to him to make sure he understands I will have to initiate a Paypal claim and he would have to agree to the refund upon its return before I could send it. I just don't want to hit him with a claim as a surprise.

Once he agrees, I will initiate the claim and wait for him to respond to it. I told him if he responds today, I could even ship it back out today. Let's see what he says. Hopefully we can work this out very quickly.

Once this is settled and I get my money back, I am going to try to find a minty one. I might have to pay a little more (especially because I'll be out of pocket these return shipping fees), but I'll either get one locally that I could see before buying or I'll get one from one of my respectable and honest friends on this board. Thanks for all of your help guys, especially Computerfly! You all rock!

Back