Hulk Premium Format: PLEASE HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much did you pay for it? The owner at my LCS have one displayed in the open...looks fine. Might be slightly dusty but fine. I thinks he want $1000 for it. New Jersey area(Rahway).

That's over market price, just saw one go for 700+. I guess much it's safer when you can see and inspect it in advance though.

Well, here's the deal: I scooped it up on ebay for just under $800 shipped. That's a little lower than what they used to go for, but the listing says it was in new condition.

Mr. Green, if I end up sending this back, I may take a trip to your shop and see if I can barter with cash. That way I can see it before buying and I could "hand carry" it home.

Well, here's the deal: I scooped it up on ebay for just under $800 shipped. That's a little lower than what they used to go for, but the listing says it was in new condition.

Mr. Green, if I end up sending this back, I may take a trip to your shop and see if I can barter with cash. That way I can see it before buying and I could "hand carry" it home.

May be better to call ahead and save a trip, unless you're willing to pay close to the 1k. But who knows he may be more pliable in person....

That damage was done BEFORE shipping, there isn't anything that would cause it to chip like that while being boxed; those aren't paint rubs, those are areas where the statue was dinged or hit with something.

For a paint fix it will be tough, you would need to smooth out the rough edges and then of course match the paint; matching wouldn't be really too tough, but achieving the "blackened" areas without an air brush might be difficult. I suppose a dry brush could work alright.

Sorry man. :monkey2

My next question is this: Is there really any way he missed that and really listed it as new condition in good faith?

My next question is this: Is there really any way he missed that and really listed it as new condition in good faith?

I seriously doubt it. Was there any evidence of the paint rubs or bit and pieces of that thumb in the box or packaging somewhere?

The place:
Classic Comics
1006 St. georges Ave.
Rahway, NJ 07065
Tele#: 732-396-0555
Ask for owner: Mike
E-mail: [email protected]

I think he wants $1000 for it since someone offered $850 and he turned it down saying "I can get 1k for it from Ebay".

I took a close look 1 foot away about 3 months ago, frontal view, and saw no damage. Ebay might have a better deal but we all know how risky it is, especially with all the fakes around. If I have the $$$, I would definitely buy it from him.

That's the auction in question. I am the buyer. Like I said, I got it for just under $800 shipped.

73189-Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

I don't understand the message you are trying to send with that image, Skiman.

Maybe it's because I'm clouded with sadness over my poor Hulk's thumbnail. :(

Back