Hulk Maquette price... What do you think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulk Maquette price... What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hulk Maquette will be going up for Pre-Order very soon (sooner than you may think) :clap

Hey Alex,

when we can pre-order this masterpiece?

please give us some info

have you seen my trailer at Sideshow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3orUSMoS79M

Regards,
Oktay

Hulk Maquette will be going up for Pre-Order very soon (sooner than you may think). Keep an eye on the weekly newsletter and site for more info.

Sorry that I can't give you a specific date at this time. Just have to leave you shivering with antici......pation.

-Alexandra

P.S.: Cool trailer!

Sideshow Collectibles.com
Call:
U.S. Toll Free: (800) 474-3746
Int’l Ph: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2
E-mail:[email protected]

This thread should be closed and deleted.... What a stupid way of giving crazy prices ideas to Sideshow....

Thank you

I don't think many people said they were willing to pay two grand for the Maul, Obi, Wolverine, and Wolf LSF...but they priced them at that anyway.

They're not going to base their pricing decisions on a silly thread.

avengers-hulk-tease.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/sdcc12/avengers-hulk-tease.jpg

Im sorry if this sounds dumb but Im just getting into the PF's. Can someone tell me what Iron man this is? Or what Iron man would go best with this set?

I don't know anything about sculpting but I would think Galactus would be easier to sculpt well then Hulk. I say that because straight lines and angles are easier then rounded human anatomy. I think?? I really don't know. Galactus looks cool. But Hulk looks like it jumped right off the movie screen.

As an artist, I can say that actually, geometric lines are more difficult to get right than living tissue. This is because if you are sculpting or drawing something alive, you have a little leeway to get things right.

If your linear pattern is off one tiny bit, even a smidgen! baby let me tell you that mistake jumps out at you like nobody's business. Geometric patterns have to be PERFECT, and that is why I would have made a lousy architect. Galactus is ostensibly simpler, but that was not an easy sculpt by any means.

Which is not at all to say that living things are easy to draw or sculpt, nosirree they are not. You just have a little more leeway. For a likeness your spacing has to be perfect, which is perhaps Hulk's most awesome aspect, the likeness on this piece is perfect.

Someone else: This thread should be closed and deleted.... What a stupid way of giving crazy prices ideas to Sideshow....

The price on any of their pieces was set long before the sculpt is even made public. Trust me, they are not reading opinion polls and going "Hey! They like the idea of $699, lets go with that one!"

Given how much skaar is, I can't imagine that hulk would be more than $450-$500.

This thread should be closed and deleted.... What a stupid way of giving crazy prices ideas to Sideshow....

Thank you

I'm fine with putting good ideas into Sideshows head.

So this thread needs to be remade with the options:

99cts
$1.99
$2.99
$3.99
$4.99
$5.99
$6.99
my $0.02

As an artist, I can say that actually, geometric lines are more difficult to get right than living tissue. This is because if you are sculpting or drawing something alive, you have a little leeway to get things right.

If your linear pattern is off one tiny bit, even a smidgen! baby let me tell you that mistake jumps out at you like nobody's business. Geometric patterns have to be PERFECT, and that is why I would have made a lousy architect. Galactus is ostensibly simpler, but that was not an easy sculpt by any means.

Which is not at all to say that living things are easy to draw or sculpt, nosirree they are not. You just have a little more leeway. For a likeness your spacing has to be perfect, which is perhaps Hulk's most awesome aspect, the likeness on this piece is perfect.

The price on any of their pieces was set long before the sculpt is even made public. Trust me, they are not reading opinion polls and going "Hey! They like the idea of $699, lets go with that one!"

Very interesting. Thanks. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of wood working :) :)

They are a very small company, of course they take glances at what people say on the forums and use it as input.

I saw this beast up close at the con, I would be very surprised if this piece is more than $699. My guess is $599 (I think the majority in this poll get it right), but who knows? Since this has a legacy tag, sideshow would probably go with $699 :slap

Galactus is $799 and he is bigger and has more detail than this. If he is priced higher than Galactus, that would be insane.

If this indeed has no EX, I have a feeling this will be an open edition as well like Galactus, if that's the case the price should be even lower because Sideshow could max out their profit by selling this for a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back