Green Lantern PF needs to be fixed - Yes/No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Green Lantern PF need to be tweaked?

• YES

Votes: 145 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters
As a guy who has spent a lot of time and graphite trying to learn how how to get down a dynamic pose and convey motion. I see these poses in two totally different ways.

311594_10150964386118562_611539145_n.jpg

Is the statue on the right photoshopped? The abs look different.

I would be curious to know what that is you know. Either the pencil and paper concept artist dropped the ball or the sculptor was breathing in to many glue fumes...:thud:. Just the anatomy In his neck and shoulder are is completely jacked up. Forget about the abs and legs.

I'm thinking this was designed for cloth & they decided not to, but didn't fix the proportions to compensate for the sculpt

that's always been my theory on it

I'm thinking this was designed for cloth & they decided not to, but didn't fix the proportions to compensate for the sculpt

You are probably right on the money there; the jacked anatomy would be more visible unde the fabric then realistic anatomy. Totally, ma,ES sense, but when the decision was made to go another way they should have gone back to the drawing board

That makes some sense. They'd have to "overdo" the musculature to be visible under some ""clothing".

I came across some pictures of the DCD Batman MQ statue that someone had removed the tights and painted. The musculature of that was similarly overdone. Some one did the same thing with the DCD MQ Wonder Woman and I think it "suffered" from the same problem, although a lot of people liked WW without her clothes. :D

You are probably right on the money there; the jacked anatomy would be more visible unde the fabric then realistic anatomy. Totally, ma,ES sense, but when the decision was made to go another way they should have gone back to the drawing board

That makes some sense. They'd have to "overdo" the musculature to be visible under some ""clothing".

I came across some pictures of the DCD Batman MQ statue that someone had removed the tights and painted. The musculature of that was similarly overdone. Some one did the same thing with the DCD MQ Wonder Woman and I think it "suffered" from the same problem, although a lot of people liked WW without her clothes. :D

I'm in Complete agreement. If you're going to go one way and then decide to scrap one element you should at least rethink the elements your keeping to give it a cohesive look. Which I think is what this lacks.

I think they should change the pose.

I agree as well. I actually started sketching a waist up GL yesterday. I think less of an action pose would have been better for this.

They should have done it like Bucky PF. It would had worked out better.

The Green Lantern PF is the new Rogue. Every year SS has to screw one PF up ;) BTW Rogue is on sale on SS website if anyone wants a deal on her (LOL I certainly don't want her).

The Green Lantern PF is the new Rogue. Every year SS has to screw one PF up ;) BTW Rogue is on sale on SS website if anyone wants a deal on her (LOL I certainly don't want her).

This is not true. Rogue was a HUGE hit when promo pics were released and she was put up for order. The issues that haunted that piece had everything to do with QC problems and an awesome ass that disappeared in the production piece. Unlike this GL statue, Rogue was a very popular piece.....until she was released.

This is not true. Rogue was a HUGE hit when promo pics were released and she was put up for order. The issues that haunted that piece had everything to do with QC problems and an awesome ass that disappeared in the production piece. Unlike this GL statue, Rogue was a very popular piece.....until she was released.

Agreed there was alot of anticipation for that piece before the changes and bad QC happened.

i dont think SS have changed GL PF a bit ......its going to be exactly same for preorder

The pose will still be awkward, there won't be any fabric or mixed media of any type, he won't be holding the lantern, his abs will still look like he swallowed a tortoise. But folks will still buy.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board with the entire thing. The base looks cheap as well.

Fixed.

You think this thing looks bad in pictures? You should have seen it in person...

The abs were the least of my concerns. The statue looks like it fell out of a McDonalds Happy Meal. It just looks cheap and rushed. All that green plastic you see looks terrible. The head sculpt, terrible.

Very dissapointing coming from the same company who put out a masterpiece like their Batman PF.

Back