Green Lantern PF needs to be fixed - Yes/No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does Green Lantern PF need to be tweaked?

• YES

Votes: 145 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters
imho, major changes need to be made to this sculpt before i consider buying it

abs are ridiculous
neck area is awful
gloss MUST go
pose is awkward
doesn't match up with Bats and Supes
still not convinced this is 1/4

imo...scrap it and start again...i'm willing to wait

WOW You got it all right. I do think they need to use CLOTH for the GREEN part. The Batman and Superman PFs used some kind of new cloth and we can still see the muscle definition.

they should use cloth like Cap Bucky PF ..........it will look awesome on GL

Don't buy this crap people.

That's harsh, it's just a paint issue, it's a great sculpt, it's an easy fix SS!

Maybe we can have some kind of signature sheet in case they try to release this like that, one request, with all our SS member name and actual name and email it to them 100 times

It's not a great sculpt by far. I think they need to just start over but keep the base and the green hand. cloth I think would make this look weird. When they paint it I think they should do a flat black and lite gloss on the green.

11977_a_full.jpg

0.jpg

Hal-Jordan-Emerald-Energy-Statue-01.jpg

311594_10150964386118562_611539145_n.jpg

Did sideshow copy the dc direct one lol? The pose looks so similar.

I think if SSC got rid of the glossy black and made it look more matted look similar to Bucky PF. This would had changed the entire look of it which would make it much better. Sometimes too much gloss can detract the look of a statue.

I really like that custom, I'll be picking that up anyway they really pulled the flying look very well.

But I agree the only problem I see is the super gloss, fix that and I'm happy, and yes the poses are pretty much the same but oviously prefer the comic version.

I like this statue a lot. The face is better than the SSC version. However, on mine, the green shoulder "caps" go down to Hal's elbows!

Wow! It sure looks like they did copy the DCD movie statue!

One question: Does this SS piece look like a $350-$400 collectible...? :monkey2 Just all around poor execution. :thud: DC deserves better so do the fans and so does SS.

The DCD pose was a little better with the flying. If you're going to have him on a resin base why not use the unique opportunity to have him flying. Not like we're going to get any more flying statues from SSC.

This is a FAR superior pose, and piece in my opinion.

0.jpg

I like the fact the hand is sculpted inside the resin but that's about it (and who knows the SS version could have that as well)

Sideshow's has grown on me, I still dont think the sculpt is as good as it could be and the size still doesn't look in proportion with other PF's but other than that I actually really like it now

As a guy who has spent a lot of time and graphite trying to learn how how to get down a dynamic pose and convey motion. I see these poses in two totally different ways.

"I am TOTALLY going to mess up your ****"
0.jpg

"Alright.... Fist pump"
311594_10150964386118562_611539145_n.jpg

I know I am a noob, but for the most part the recent PFs I have seen, though beautiful (not this one), are all poser shots. Simple standing there looking impressive, but not doing a whole lot.
The obvious exceptions being Skaar and Rulk, and I think that is why people seem to be totally excited about them. Skaar looks like he is ready to cut someone a new one, and Rulk looks like he is about destroy a city block. That is COOL to look at.
Could Batman not being swinging on a line, knelt over his gargoyle, or diving off a roof top. Could Superman not be in flight? Now don't get me wrong they are gorgeous, and I am ordering them, but they lack an exciting dynamic pose in some ways. IMHO it is even worse with this one because it looks like an amateur artist who needs to read How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way took a shot at a cool pose, BUT didn't pull they trigger at all really.
If you are going to try being dynamic BURN THAT **** DOWN! Don't lightly toast it. However, that is only MHO.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure sideshow will be doing mulitiple statues of everybody

Yeah I know they probably will. Probably spread out over a few years to ensure they hook all the same guys the second time, and that is cool.
I guess for me that is just the difference between say the Bowen Rulk and the SSC Rulk. One is a poser and the other is an A$$ KICKER. This one looks like it was leaning to the KICKER part but fell into Poserville.

Yeah I know they probably will. Probably spread out over a few years to ensure they hook all the same guys the second time, and that is cool.
I guess for me that is just the difference between say the Bowen Rulk and the SSC Rulk. One is a poser and the other is an A$$ KICKER. This one looks like it was leaning to the KICKER part but fell into Poserville.

I think there's more to the story why this turned out the way it did

I think there's more to the story why this turned out the way it did

I would be curious to know what that is you know. Either the pencil and paper concept artist dropped the ball or the sculptor was breathing in to many glue fumes...:thud:. Just the anatomy In his neck and shoulder are is completely jacked up. Forget about the abs and legs.

Back