HT x Hasbro Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT Darth Vader "From Japan again"..?

A vader with gantry $300 from ht = sold for me

Want to rethink your estimate?

JWpj6.png

Want to rethink your estimate?

JWpj6.png

That whole thing might not be able to be done, but the "Luke I am Your Father" scene from the end of the gantry could be done economically.
HT could cut the Dio in half lengthwise include half of the gantry that Vader stands off at and include only part of the pole thingy Luke hangs on to. HT could then include some sort of screws(like the Weather vave) where you can hang the half gantry with Luke and Vader on your wall.

The DX Luke Weather vane is pretty big, but that came in with two complete figs with pers for less than 300 bones.
But it's also really narrow and light compared to the massive gantry platform. No way even the end part could be included in a DX set in anything to scale. If you look at the overhead shots of Vader and Luke on the gantry, it's huge. The only way I could see it being released would be on its own as a Sideshow enviro, and with large chunks cut away.

Edit: kl241 illustrates this perfectly.

That whole thing might not be able to be done, but the "Luke I am Your Father" scene from the end of the gantry could be done economically.
HT could cut the Dio in half lengthwise include half of the gantry that Vader stands off at and include only part of the pole thingy Luke hangs on to. HT could then include some sort of screws(like the Weather vave) where you can hang the half gantry with Luke and Vader on your wall.
Just can't see it. The weather vane was a perfect little prop for HT to make economically and include as a diorama piece. The gantry to be sturdy enough to be screwed into a wall and support Luke and Vader's weight would have to be a lot more substantial than the fairly flimsy weather vane. And then there's the scale... it would look really cheap if it were obviously undersized and it'd have to be to be part of any $300.00 or so DX set. I think people really underestimate how much stuff costs to produce. It's like all the talk that the e.Webb should've just been included with the Snowtrooper for free or an extra $20.00 or something.

Last edited:

amazing as to what some take from a simple photo...

No-one's said anything will happen with it... Where's the fun in a forum if one can't speculate?

Yep, I get you and I'll be happy to eat my words if HT does it, but those still seem like pretty big dimensions to me.

Well bespin Luke was around 300 for 2 figures 3 stands (including vane) so 1 figure with partial gantry seems feasible for 300, I am a dreamer though

Well bespin Luke was around 300 for 2 figures 3 stands (including vane) so 1 figure with partial gantry seems feasible for 300, I am a dreamer though

Nope not possible. Hot Toys is just completely befuddled at how to make a gantry dio. They're just not the type of creative Asians you need.

It's possible, however, unlikely that since sideshow's pictures of the "new Vader" were weak and disappointing that maybe they did the right thing and handed it to hot-toys?:pray:

Yeah, right. Figure the odds.

The people at HOT TOYS are pure evil geniuses.
They release one little picture and they now have a lot of people speculating over it.
Evil geniuses I tell you!

Back