HT x Hasbro Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT Darth Vader "From Japan again"..?

my guess is that this is a tease of the next Star Wars figure... Anakin Skywalker. i can't blame Hot Toys for using a Vader image as this is the figure we all want... but i am sure all we are getting is Anakin.

one just knows whoever posted the original photo must be having a good laugh over it.

Tell ya right now, If they release him with the gantry... Holy sh t *****.

That will be a must buy for me.

Its Vader's hand. Do you need it to say Vader to know it's him. It's just a detail from a well known screen capture from the actual movie.

LOL...I didn't notice the comparison.

On the other hand...with the recent release of Beat-to-hell Luke...this seems like a sensible figure to release to go with it.

Enjoy, Hot Toys fans!

Only time will tell but I think we can't wait that long for HT to provide more info or reveal the entire photo. If, if it's TESB Vader I will be sooooo siked.

But as we know SSC will be releasing their Vader & clearly one of the photos has the prototype w/a couple of snowtroopers.

Dang it my head hurts......:slap

:rotfl

1starwarsvadermain620x3.jpg

Tell ya right now, If they release him with the gantry... Holy sh t *****.

That will be a must buy for me.

Gantry?.....

Iron Man verbiage, but I think he means the meditation chamber.

I think they're talking about the Frankenstein table at the end of ROTS.

Would be sweet if this is an ESB Vader. Would look very lovely with Luke and would make a lot of sense.
My impression was he meant the platform in the photo where Vader's standing and beseeching Luke... I've heard that called a 'gantry' in the past, but only Qrest Fourstar knows for sure! :p

Personally, I'd like that as a separate release as the thing's huge so even doing just the end part of it would make for a large display. Having one large enough to accommodate both Vader and Luke would be epic, even if certain parts were trimmed for cost and space.

Last edited:

It is! Can tell by the hilt. (among other things)

It's possible, however, unlikely that since sideshow's pictures of the "new Vader" were weak and disappointing that maybe they did the right thing and handed it to hot-toys?:pray:

If I remember right, the reveal helm (which isn't a functioning helmet) is ROTJ but the full helm is ESB.

Back