HT Predator & Alien - Addict Clan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I join too?!

picture001vl.jpg

picture002mp.jpg

Nooooo this is a private party. :lol Just kidding. Awesome photos. What no ancients? :horror

As great as having the ancients would be, I'd rather spend the cash to fill out other parts of my collection. I just started collecting in the summer so lots of catch up time.

As great as having the ancients would be, I'd rather spend the cash to fill out other parts of my collection. I just started collecting in the summer so lots of catch up time.

True true. I do see awesome deals for ancients pop up on ebay here and there. But yea they are going for a ridiculous amount of money. And I thought paying $350 for one was bad. I think my Ancients will finance newer HT stuff in the future but I just have such a hard time letting them go. What else you gonna pick up?

I'm gonna work at some of the humans for aliens, and also nostromo crew. I also plan on finishing up the salvation line down the road. Once I get those 1/6th out of the way the goal would be to get a maquette in a year or so if they aren't completely unfindable.

Wow you wanna finish up the Salvation line? Like everything? I mean that's a huge list so far with all the T-600 variants out there. The Nostromo crew is easy to get and cheap. You could usually pick u deals here in the Sale threads. But the Marines are a different story altogether.

I won't be after the entire salvation line, I have connor pre ordered and would just want to get t600 rubber skin and marcus. I have t700 and the regular t600 already.

Nostromo and a couple marines I already have a line with so its just about getting things setup. I don't wanna get to burnt out with my shopping list lol.

Hahaha! I did that. Get burnt out I mean. I have every Predator Ht made except for the Ani-com Scar. I acquired all of them except original Predator (because he wasn't out yet at the time) in about 3 months worth of time. Put a pretty bad hole on my credit card, wallet, and paypal account. This is a dangerous hobby.

You not gonna pick up the Ani-com exclusive concept rubber skin? I was hesitant on it at first myself but seeing all the pics in these forums made me pick it up and I couldn't be happier.

I don't think so, thats the worst thing about these forums all the great pictures and you say to yourself no no I don't need that but wait look how cool and shiny it is! 300$ later you have a couple more figures on your shelf!

I also need to think about a really nice display setup, no ikea nearby here so I would need shipping costs tacked on. Tnaig has given me great advice with all my collecting needs so far.

Yea Detolfs are the best and most inexpensive way to display and protect your high end collectables. How far is the nearest Ikea from you? Maybe it's worth the drive? I heard shipping from Ikea is no joke.

It's about a 10 hour drive, I'm gonna take tnaig's advice and wait a bit to see where my collection goes before shelling out alot of money on shelving I may or may not need.

It's about a 10 hour drive, I'm gonna take tnaig's advice and wait a bit to see where my collection goes before shelling out alot of money on shelving I may or may not need.

Yea true. But you already have some of the most expensive HT Preds on the market (Elder P2, Celtic, Scar, Etc.). They need some dust and sunlight protection.

Very true, I'm looking at options that are close by. I may end up trying to do a bulk order with a few people to split the shipping. Your very right about the dust, thankfully they aren't in direct sunlight.

Freakin sweet! Baddest Alien Warrior of all:rock

BTW, how much Aliens are people fitting on a detolf shelf?

I have trouble fitting 2 aliens into a detolf shelf. But then again one of them is the Predalien and she's one big mofo. I think the main problem is the tail. It takes up too much room. But what I can do per Detolf shelf is: 2 Aliens, 3 Predators, 4 Humans.

I have trouble fitting 2 aliens into a detolf shelf. But then again one of them is the Predalien and she's one big mofo. I think the main problem is the tail. It takes up too much room. But what I can do per Detolf shelf is: 2 Aliens, 3 Predators, 4 Humans.

Thanks, I just purchased 2 Aliens and was thinking on getting the Dog Alien or Predalien and wanted to see what are my options since I only have 1 detolf.

Thanks, I just purchased 2 Aliens and was thinking on getting the Dog Alien or Predalien and wanted to see what are my options since I only have 1 detolf.

The Predalien is an amazing piece. It towers over everything else I have. It's very poseable and articulated. But don't expect it to go into your detolf without taking up too much space. :D

You could always put Predalien in and then have the dog alien crouched low and kinda weave the tail back and around.

Ok, I just got the Dog Alien and I am looking to trade for a Grid Alien or Hot Toys AVP and AVP-R Alien. Here is teh unboxing and soon to come a review.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KG1xBSUW0RQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KG1xBSUW0RQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hi does anyone know how to remove the knee joint on a Hot toys Grid Alien? I need to tighten the joint as its looser than the left knee...Does it just pull out like the elbow joint? I heated it with a hair dryer and its still not coming out so I am not forcing it as of now...
Also Does anyone know how thick the grid alien's head's Plastic is(the shiny clear plastic part)? I wanna sand off some of the grid marks and repolish...thanks

Hi does anyone know how to remove the knee joint on a Hot toys Grid Alien? I need to tighten the joint as its looser than the left knee...Does it just pull out like the elbow joint? I heated it with a hair dryer and its still not coming out so I am not forcing it as of now...
Also Does anyone know how thick the grid alien's head's Plastic is(the shiny clear plastic part)? I wanna sand off some of the grid marks and repolish...thanks

Pull down (or up) the rubbery sleeve on the knee. Don't pull the joint itself.
I think you'll need a Phillips screwdriver to tighten up the joint.

As for the head/dome....I wouldn't if I were you.
I doubt you'll be able to buff the scratches away after sanding the clear plastic.

Back