HT Joker: Police Officer Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an easy pass for me, although I'm happy for the completists who really wanted one.

Watchmen figures, already!

i mite pass, but this is so sick! i love hot toys!:D:rock

I'm sure it will look amazing but I wish HT would revisit some of the characters they missed in the BB line. Still on the fence about getting this one...ah who am I kidding.

OWNED!

New Joker version "Police officer version"

Hot Toys February 2009 Newsletter

To salute the Best Joker ever! - To celebrate Health Ledger won the Best Actor in a Supporting Role at OSCAR with his brilliant performance in The Dark Knight as The Joker, Hot Toys decided to issue a very rare version of this character to enrich your collection. It will be The Police Officer version comes with a clean face painting and dressed in Police Officer costume, have you been praying for this after read our January newsletter?

Let's take a glance of our 12" The Joker collectible figure (Police Officer version) teaser pic right away! And don't miss any of our future newsletters to get more details and images of this unique collectible.

track_link.php

I'm assuming the hat will be removeable. So that + extra white, gloved hands + the rifle is the only accessories I can think of for this look. HT could repeat the BR Joker set up (including the Machine Gun even though Joker never uses it in that scene) and maybe throw in the bank manager shotgun and/or RPG as a bonus I guess. Also, they could include 2 head sculpts: one serious and one with a slight grin minus the light hearted eyes of the smiling sculpt BR head.

So the figure, 2 heads, extra hands, the gun + a misc weapon used by Joker would work.

I was thinking they could include a rifle with a tripod a la Sideshow's Cigarette Smoking Man from the X-Files. That was part of the same sequence.

Also, if HT really wanted to beef up the set, they could include one of the Joker's dogs, though there isn't one in the scene.

However, I think it would make sense for this one to be streamlined with a lower price point. At $125, they could maybe persuade a few more people who have bought the first two Jokers to bite. I think some of the POTC line were only $125.

My wallet weeps. I am compelled to get this considering I have all the other TDK stuff (except the Tumbler obviously). I hope it has 2 heads - if its to be the last figure there really should be a laughing Joker headsculpt as another alternative.

Cool!! Personally I wanted this one more than the Nurse Joker, so I'll probably get him...but I still wish they had done a Gordon, or Scarecrow, or Ras instead...

However, I think it would make sense for this one to be streamlined with a lower price point. At $125, they could maybe persuade a few more people who have bought the first two Jokers to bite. I think some of the POTC line were only $125.

Almost two years ago though. POTC was priced same as other HT products at the time, you could get an Alien for $120. Prices have changed though. I don't think there's a licensed HT figure for under $140 anymore.

Now all the people who swore black and blue, they wanted a police joker, and would absolutely buy one....how many are we going to see pass, now that one will be offered to them?!
Kind of dissappointed, myself, to be honest, i REALLY wanted a smiling sculpt. I had no real, 'desire' to get a police joker. I didn't really WANT one, so to speak. I thought maybe if they made one, i may end up buying it, but to be honest, i really can't see myself buying that. It's just not joker enough for me. And so far, it does look insanely well made, if they're using the new skin technology from the dent sculpt on this cleaned face heath, it is certainly looking nuts, just from that pic, but hmmmmm i just really don't see myself paying over 100 US for that. I'm still undecided, but hinting at a pass. I really thought they'd do nurse, i guess not with all the other customisers selling nurse gear. Reckon we can hope for a 2nd sculpt though? Sounds very unpromising so far.
I was right about one thing though, i knew they'd wait until RIGHT after the oscars to announce it :p

I'm definitely going to buy this one as I'm a Dark Knight {{FRRRREEAK}} but I have to be honest and say that my heart sank a little when I saw that we wouldn't be getting the nurse version this time around. Although, I still think we will get one down the road.

What I'm REALLY hoping for after reading about this figure's release is that HT will give this version of the Joker someone to SHOOT AT, if you know what I mean... :naughty

If this piece comes out at around $100-$110 (keeping in mind a bare figure) I will get it. If over that price it will be an easy pass for me but don't kid yourselves, this will sell and sell very very well.

I wonder how many people would be in for the head sculpt just for customizing. It looks insanely well made and a dead on sculpt to heath, all it would need is a quality repaint with the makeup and you'd have another JOKER head! or probably need the hair also

Back