HT Endo Coming!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
anyone here have the first HT robocop?

Any impressions on that one?
Everybody should have that HT Robocop! It's so... fantastic! Like it stepped right out of the movie. Same counts for the ED 209. If you don't have them, go get them. 100% satisfaction guaranteed! They are both awesome!

nash said:
anyone here have the first HT robocop?

Any impressions on that one?

It is an incredible figure!! There are some shortcomings with the articulation (particularly in the hips), but the metallic paint, sculpting, accessories, and pretty much everything else is high-quality. I'm glad to have bought one.

As for how realistic it can look with the right digital alterations, just look at my signature. That's the HT Robocop figure inserted in a screen capture with digital smoke.

Holy crap! This is awesome!

Just curious, are the Hot Toys model kits pretty complex? Are the instructions pretty clear? Do you need tools to assemble them?

King Darkness said:
Hot Toys is quickly becoming the leader of the pack IMHO. I love Sideshow, but they are in NO way presenting 1:6 stuff on the level of HT.

With the Predators, Robocop, Endo and Ed-209 HTs is making SS look like Hasbro.

Figure looks pretty cool but I have no interest in this so this figure is just meh to me. Even the SS Terminator figures don't do anything for me. I've never been a big fan of this series.

As far as HT being the leader of the pack they're strictly a 1/6th company where as SS has bigger and better lines and items. IMHO they still make the best 1/6th for what I and appears many others want. It's great HT, Medicom, Etc. do all these other lines because it would take away from LOTR, SW, and Marvel. Hell, it would take away from doing other great pieces like the John Wayne PF. I don't care to own a RoboCop figure, Batman, Superman, etc so while those figures look cool I don't consider them all that great of figures.

So because SS isn't doing Predators, Robocop, Endo's they're no better than Hasbro? :lol

Maybe HT will pick up that uber successful Highlander line and finally do the Medival F'n Kurgan. :lol

I know someone who will be very very sad and devastated if SSC should go belly up some day (which I'm not hoping for!). You are right Josh, Sideshow makes some very nice stuff! Let's hope they keep us happy in 2007! Are you ready to order their stuff?? I know I am! :D

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I know someone who will be very very sad and devastated if SSC should go belly up some day (which I'm not hoping for!). You are right Josh, Sideshow makes some very nice stuff! Let's hope they keep us happy in 2007! Are you ready to order their stuff?? I know I am! :D

I would be bummed if something happened to SS they make a great product and they're really awesome folks. I haven't had this much fun collecting stuff since I was a little kid. HT makes some nice stuff, Medicom makes some nice stuff, SS makes nice stuff. Point is they all do. I don't see the point in saying one company is crap. I think 2007 is going to be a big big year for SS. I'm ready to see what they have in store for us. I'm gonna be broke but dammit I'll have fun being broke. :D

jlcmsu said:
I would be bummed if something happened to SS they make a great product and they're really awesome folks. I haven't had this much fun collecting stuff since I was a little kid. HT makes some nice stuff, Medicom makes some nice stuff, SS makes nice stuff. Point is they all do. I don't see the point in saying one company is crap. I think 2007 is going to be a big big year for SS. I'm ready to see what they have in store for us. I'm gonna be broke but dammit I'll have fun being broke. :D

Josh, I can only agree with you there. It's fun to collect!!

jlcmsu said:
Figure looks pretty cool but I have no interest in this so this figure is just meh to me. Even the SS Terminator figures don't do anything for me. I've never been a big fan of this series.

As far as HT being the leader of the pack they're strictly a 1/6th company where as SS has bigger and better lines and items. IMHO they still make the best 1/6th for what I and appears many others want. It's great HT, Medicom, Etc. do all these other lines because it would take away from LOTR, SW, and Marvel. Hell, it would take away from doing other great pieces like the John Wayne PF. I don't care to own a RoboCop figure, Batman, Superman, etc so while those figures look cool I don't consider them all that great of figures.

So because SS isn't doing Predators, Robocop, Endo's they're no better than Hasbro? :lol

Maybe HT will pick up that uber successful Highlander line and finally do the Medival F'n Kurgan. :lol
Good thing you came into a thread about movie characters you care nothing about. Guess I'll hit some Buffy threads and tell them their figures aren't that great because I care nothing about their silly little show or characters.

And yes, I can see HT upseating SS as the best 1/6 figure company. Statues, props and busts mean nothing to me.

EVILFACE said:
Good thing you came into a thread about movie characters you care nothing about. Guess I'll hit some Buffy threads and tell them their figures aren't that great because I care nothing about their silly little show or characters.

And yes, I can see HT upseating SS as the best 1/6 figure company. Statues, props and busts mean nothing to me.

Big deal. I posted in a thread for a character I don't care about. The figures cool looking and all but just means not a whole lot to me. What's the big deal? Nothing that's what. I can post in anythread just the same as anyone else. 99.99% of the time I choose not to this time I didn't.

As far as HT unseating SS. If they do to some great. Opinions will vary but none of these companies will ever be Hasbro.

pjam said:
This is the T2 Endo (which appeared in the film for about 10 seconds) and differs from the T1 Endo body which has a different chest plate and ball toes... it is a killer figure and you can bet I will be all over it, prolly order from Adam though.
I compared the two and they're exactly the same. It's just repackaging because Sideshow doesn't have the first Terminator movie license, Sideshow only has the T2 license.

Well, if this is in scale with the Sideshow figures, I may just pick him up eventually. Hopefully I can find a great price on it somewhere (after I pick up the Sideshow Terminators first). Terminator 1 was just on TV in my area and so I'm kinda stoked for a endo! Very creepy. The stop-motion animation added to that in my opinion.

Like Scar and the Marines, this is one HT product I just can't pass up.

Based upon my Aliens Marines, I'd say the HT scale is in line with the SS LOTR 12" and the newer better-scaled SW 12" figures (like Maul, Bib and Mace).

I just got T-800 last night and I haven't set him next to any other figures, but he does look quite tall. He stands about 12 3/4 inches. Still the Endo is inside him, so it has to be smaller than "human" Arnold.

screamingmetal said:
I compared the two and they're exactly the same. It's just repackaging because Sideshow doesn't have the first Terminator movie license, Sideshow only has the T2 license.

The T1 and T2 Endo DO differ as they appeared the two films as mentioned earlier, don't you remember the T1 Endo dragging his foot with the ball toes? And the chest plate is also a different shape in T1. The HT is a T2 Endo.

A few comp screen shots will confirm this. McFarlane made several different versions of the Endo and the chest plates differed in those as well.

I think he was comparing the Toys2 terminator endo and the Sideshow T2 Endo figures. not the movies.

Pineapple said:
Who do you think will ship out the HT Endoskeleton first, Toys2 or Sideshow? Im very impatient and I want this ASAP!

toys2 says march I think, don't know yet about SSC, sometimes SSc gets the second wave of imports like this one, we'll see. :D

pjam said:
The T1 and T2 Endo DO differ as they appeared the two films as mentioned earlier, don't you remember the T1 Endo dragging his foot with the ball toes? And the chest plate is also a different shape in T1. The HT is a T2 Endo.

A few comp screen shots will confirm this. McFarlane made several different versions of the Endo and the chest plates differed in those as well.
Ah, that's what you've been saying.
I thought you thought the two Endos were different and I was just saying that both the one depicted by HT and SSC are the same figure, T2.
All I've been saying is that, the packaging has to be different between the two release outlets (Toy Square and Sideshow).

Back