HT Ani Com Scar sells for over 2K

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is I'm never letting go of my Celtic. My other AVP Preds (years after I collect the original four, as you can tell I'm still looking :monkey3) will probably get sold, although Elder will be a pain to pack with all those quills. Celtic is staying with me, for sure.

i agree with this, even tho it would hurt some collectors who wasted money. If i buy something and a better version is released in the future, i live with my decision and keep the old figure or sell it and pay the difference and try to learn from it. Nowadays I only buy something if i feel it is a great representation of something and nothing will be better enough to warrant a new purchase.
it's no different from buying Apple hardware or Star Wars figures. as soon as you get it, it's obsolete. and i definitely don't see Apple or Hasbro going broke because they pissed off some fans who think they're entitled to manufactured rarity. screw the fans, they'll still buy the new stuff while they're crying about it on the internet. HT is in business to make money, not to placate collectors' fragile egos, and not to contribute to their dips#!t ebay accounts. i would like nothing better than to have to throw out all my old toys because HT just made a more awesome version of them.

Last edited:
What effect would this have? All the ppl that payed thousands of dollars to get the ones they have will be pissed; not only cause there is a new and improved version, but because if they want to go out and sell the originals, they wont be able to sell them for half as much as they payed for them

Ahem, can't speak for everyone in the whole world, but if HT were going to re-release those puppies, we on SSF would be the first to know. Honestly, the second I hear that, I'd get 'em on the Bay before the general population found out. Simple :).

Having that said, it still won't happen. And I love the old AVP's just fine. All hail the big, badass originals!

I just think they won't be able to get the license or won't try to get the license of such an old product when their hands are tied up making the newest stuff from the latest movies and games and soon comics too? I just feel like HT doesn't have the time or money to waste on it. Which is why I believe the AVP Preds will never be remade also. Just for a different reason. If they really cared about the fans and customers, someone explain how they screwed hundred of people with the DX Batman.

Cant see hot toys remaking any predators. If they where in the business of remaking they would of did the Alien marines by now.

I wish Hot Toys would remake the Aliens Warrior because it sucked so bad and fell apart. It's a character I want in my collection, but after having 3 of them fall apart on me, it's not worth it anymore.

I wish Hot Toys would remake the Aliens Warrior because it sucked so bad and fell apart. It's a character I want in my collection, but after having 3 of them fall apart on me, it's not worth it anymore.
I COMPLETELY agree with you, it needs to be remade. When i first learned about HT i was trying as hard as hell to get a Warrior, then (don't remember where) i read about all the problems it had. Broke my heart.. :thud:

If it really does sell for that price, i'd be glad to sell mine

2222r.jpg

sweet box collection dude. i like how you have them lined up like encyclopedias. it saves space for more boxes.

sweet box collection dude. i like how you have them lined up like encyclopedias. it saves space for more boxes.
I wonder if i can sell those "boxes" for half the price of 2k, heck i'd even accept $500 for it lol :rotfl

seriously, WTH. i wonder how people can be so stupid like this. 2000 bucks for this??

hell, you can get all 4 scar, celtic and chopper as well as elder with that kind of money. or use it for other figures, that will easily give this crazy guy 10 hot toys figures. i cant get it. maybe he has so much money to burn.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SVp-zIONsrs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SVp-zIONsrs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back