• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware ebay seller from Chile...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

work13

Super Freak
Reaction score
WARNING LIST OF SUSPECT CHILEAN EBAY SELLERS/SCAMMERS!!!
the links below each bolded ebay id are items that each of them has sold in the last 15 days. Copy and paste the urls in your browsers to view the links. If that doesn't work please let me know. PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE LOGGED INTO YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT TO VIEW THE EBAY LINKS BELOW...ALSO YOU MUST PHYSICALLY COPY AND PASTE THE LINKS BELOW IN YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO VIEW THEM.

salvalde
"https://completed.shop.ebay.com/salvalde/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=16&_rdc=1&_rdc=2"

jcestay
"https://completed.shop.ebay.com/jcestay/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=16&_rdc=1&_rdc=2"

ko350an
"https://completed.shop.ebay.com/ko350an/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=16&_rdc=1&_rdc=2"

arnellya(this person is no longer a registered user on ebay but you can still see what this person sold in the last 15 days by copy and pasting the link below in your browser)

"https://completed.shop.ebay.com/arnellya/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=12&_rdc=1&_rdc=2"

Hi guys. I was ripped off from a seller from Chile a while ago. These current sellers are also from Chile and here are some of their ebay listings:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Predator-2-Wol...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7460744379524232917

https://cgi.ebay.com/Predator-Ancie...450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf586898a

The listings look very suspicious and maybe by the same person that scammed me.

Typically, this user will increase his ebay rating as a buyer by using the money he scammed from other ebay users. He/she does this by setting up bogus auctions usually with high-end hot toys figures to raise money to fund his purchases for items sold by highly reputable ebay sellers with ratings in the thousands. This person will sell expensive hot toys items,(such as predators, robocop etc...), for almost bargain prices and often will even sell lots of these expensive items in one auction for very decent prices(such as 3 predators for $450, 2 robocop figures for $550, etc) . This person may be working under multiple ebay ids and is from Chile, with typically a seller rating of 0 and a positive buyer rating between 2 and 30.

What's scary is these scammers probably have bad credit and therefore nothing to loose. So they'll keep scamming people under different ebay ids. Then they'll go on a shopping spree with the money they scammed from you and build their buyer rating up to get some positive stars to try to look somewhat legit. Usually at this time, they still have a zero seller rating because they are stalling the delivery of your items by lieing to you with lame excuses or bogus tracking numbers that are shipped to obscure addresses other than yours. Meanwhile, during this small window before buyers catch on, they will re-post more crazy bargin deals on ebay to get more money in their paypal accounts to spend again. By the time the buyers finally catch on and try to post neg feedback on this seller, it is too late. He is already long gone, or out scamming again under a different ebay id.

It almost really doesn't matter that paypal neg posts their accounts because their credit is already bad to begin with and thus, the scammers could care less. They'll just setup another bank account along with a new ebay id and start the process all over again.

Just be careful when buying from an international seller-especially from Chile. I'm not saying all chilean sellers posting on the US ebay site are bad, but so far, all the ones I've delt with-and there aren't many-have been bad experiences.

In short, if you take anything from this thread: Beware of any ebay sellers with a zero seller rating from CHILE

Last edited:
Holly crap just last night on eBay I was on and a Guy from Chile had the dx01 and the dx02 for 500.00 for the set I told my wife come here and take a look I was thinking I would buy them then she said look at his rating and who he's delt with it was goodshipped and A few other reputable sellers she said you should buy it but I didn't. I felt like it was way too good to be true 1 min after I passed on the sale someone else bought the 2 figures I told my wife I would like to find out if this Guy was for really. Thanks for the post makes me feel vindicated

Holly crap just last night on eBay I was on and a Guy from Chile had the dx01 and the dx02 for 500.00 for the set I told my wife come here and take a look I was thinking I would buy them then she said look at his rating and who he's delt with it was goodshipped and A few other reputable sellers she said you should buy it but I didn't. I felt like it was way too good to be true 1 min after I passed on the sale someone else bought the 2 figures I told my wife I would like to find out if this Guy was for really. Thanks for the post makes me feel vindicated
I'm not saying that those post were him, but just be careful is all.

How were you ripped off a "few times"?

Well, I bought a robot item probably 5 years back from someone from chile. Then recently, probably about a few months ago, I bought a predator from someone from chile under a different ID. They maybe the same person, they may not be. But his trend is the same. This user will buy a few items to boost their rating, then sell very good deals that are almost too good to be true. May not be the same person, but be warned.

Ok...So what happened? Did you get the items or not? How were you scammed? Did you get your money back?

Ok...So what happened? Did you get the items or not? How were you scammed? Did you get your money back?

Dude, why are you getting so defensive? Read my prior posts. I was scammed twice. I'll I'm saying is be careful is all. It may not be him, but it's just suspect.

Defensive? I'm not. Just curious how it all played out.
Well, many years back, when paypal was sort of new, I was scammed with a Godaikin robot purchase. Ebay/Paypal couldn't recover all the funds(I got less then half my money back). This most recent time, I was scammed of a predator purchase and got my money back via paypal resolution center. Paypal now-a-days is much better at fully recovering funds that were lost to scam type transactions. I'm not saying it is him, I'm just saying be careful because my scammed purchases were both from Chile, and in both cases the seller's patterns were very very similiar to the links I provided above in this thread. Just looking out for everyone here is all. Peace! :peace

Last edited:

use comas dude

Dude, why are you getting so defensive? Read my prior posts. I was scammed twice. I'll I'm saying is be careful is all. It may not be him, but it's just suspect.

But if you pay by paypal and dont get the items, paypal gives you your money back...

Now we know..And knowing is half the battle..Yo Joe!!
I should have shared more in the beginning of this thread. I'm sort of a private when it comes to what I buy, or how much I paid for this or that. I'll learn to open up a little more as others have on these forums. hope this was helpfull.

But if you pay by paypal and dont get the items, paypal gives you your money back...
Now-a-days they do, but back in they day, you were lucky if you got half of it back. Another thing to look out for is sometimes they'll send you something, but it's not actually what you bought. (for example, instead of expecting a predator, you may get a bunch of cookbooks. Those scams are even worse because in order to get your money back from Paypal, you have to send the package back to the scammer. The shipping you pay to send it back is not reimbursed by paypal, and sometimes shipping ain't cheap, especially if it's overseas.

Last edited:
Now-a-days they do. Back in they day, you were lucky if you got half of it back. Another thing to look out for is sometimes they'll send you something, but it's not actually what you bought. (for example, instead of expecting a predator, you may get a bunch of cookbooks. Those scams are even worse because in order to get your money back, you have to send the package back to the scammer. The shipping you pay to send it back, is not reimbursed by paypal.

same thing happen to me on old days. didn't recover my money at all :(

Hi guys. I was ripped off a few times from a seller who keeps changing his/her id. Here are some ebay listings that look suspicious and by the same person I am guessing.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Predator-2-Wol...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7460744379524232917

https://cgi.ebay.com/Predator-Ancie...450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf586898a

Typically, this user will increase his ebay rating as a buyer to around 5 to 10 stars. He/she does this by only buying from highly reputable sellers who's ratings are typically in the thousands. Then this person will sell expensive predator items for almost bargin prices. typically this person will sell more then one predator in one auction. Like 2 or 3 for a decent price. Just fair warning. Usually, this person has no rating as a seller and between 3 and 13 positive rating as a buyer. Just beware of the ebay seller from Chile. This person may have more than one ebay ID.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Predator-2-Wol...&ps=63&clkid=7460744379524232917#ht_500wt_922

Eyyyy, the picture on the sale is my pic, from my collection, this really sounds like scam

Lol...............

Exchange rates can be a pain too, you may get less than what you paid for depending on rates. But this auction is USD so I guess that doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back