How Much Would You Pay For a 1/6th Scale Han In Carbonite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Much Would You Pay?

• $60-70

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • $70-80

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • $80-90

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • $90-100

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • $100+

Votes: 25 18.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't have a problem at $150. I don't really care about the lights but if it had them I would understand the $200 price tag.

Belloq probably represents an item they make a reasonable profit on, but they know will only bear $140 with the idol stand as a value-added item. (Or is Belloq the value-added item, hmmmm....)

Belloq is great to have and all, but damn.... that alter with the metal idol was so much more captivating than Belloq, despite the fact that he's on a Pro. I'm probably in the select few, but I picked up the Ex Belloq, admittedly, for the accessory which I guess makes him the accessory to me. I'd rather have that to pose Indy on, reaching for the fertility idol in all his Raiders glory, than have him standing on a stand in his "adventure" gear, next to Belloq, who won't be posing with Indy now, per say, but will be standing on a stand, next to my pontificating Prof. Jones custom.

Not a problem at all. IKEA has a display system that can handle such displays, easily. I actually have my Power Loader on it and it's 22" high. If anyone wants to see how the display case looks with figures on it, I can post a pic.

I've got an Ikea EFFEKTIV modular system myself. Shelf heights are adjustable, although on my system I am not sure if I have 18" the way it is set up. If I want to take a shelf out then 18" is easy.

I don't know how many people were figuring on the wall component. I certainly wasn't.

Yup. I don't think the prices we were considering were even taking into account an enviorama around the carbonite block.

Yup. I don't think the prices we were considering were even taking into account an enviorama around the carbonite block.

That has to be why people are shocked at the pricepoint. Han would have been $100 MINIMUM being made out of Poly. Smaller Dios cost more this, and this will be HUGE!

But isn't the material of polystone pretty cheap? People just think it should cost more, so that is why they can charge a premium.

That's a good point, having the whole wall drives the price up and makes it a nicer piece. I think I'm going to take back my earlier statement about the 1/4 Han in Carbonite. If they can make one that doesn't cost more than a regular PF then I think I would still get it. Although given the reaction to this I don't know if they wil make it.

That's a good point, having the whole wall drives the price up and makes it a nicer piece. I think I'm going to take back my earlier statement about the 1/4 Han in Carbonite. If they can make one that doesn't cost more than a regular PF then I think I would still get it. Although given the reaction to this I don't know if they wil make it.

What do you mean?

But isn't the material of polystone pretty cheap? People just think it should cost more, so that is why they can charge a premium.
it's cheap to use and expensive to ship.
basically, they could just as easily have made this out of rotocast vinyl like Jabba and it would look just as great, if not better and be dirt cheap to ship.
guess they figured they could charge you more by using the polystone.

it's cheap to use and expensive to ship.
basically, they could just as easily have made this out of rotocast vinyl like Jabba and it would look just as great, if not better and be dirt cheap to ship.
guess they figured they could charge you more by using the polystone.

Thank you! At least someone shares my reasoning! I don't understand this "it's better because it's made of polystone; here, take hundreds of my dollars!" mentality. Vinyl or plastic would have been the ideal way to go, keeping the beautiful sculpt but bringing costs down. And it wouldn't break in pieces if your cat accidentally knocked it over.

Thank you! At least someone shares my reasoning! I don't understand this "it's better because it's made of polystone; here, take hundreds of my dollars!" mentality. Vinyl or plastic would have been the ideal way to go, keeping the beautiful sculpt but bringing costs down. And it wouldn't break in pieces if your cat accidentally knocked it over.

I almost wonder if polystone costs LESS to make, because unless I'm mistaken, its cold cast, like plaster, and so you don't need a hot mold. Molding something in plastic, needing metal molds could very well drive up the price of a limited edition item. I think that the molding in plastic set up is initially much more expensive than a polystone manufacturing process. Part of the problem as I see it, which I've mentioned before, is that Sideshow makes so FEW of their items, in part perhaps to justify the "INSTANT COLLECTIBLE" phenomenon, rather than make enough of something to satisfy demand, like most other things in the world are made, and then if in 10 or 20 years, they appreciate in value like the original Kenner star wars figures did, THEN they become collectibles, and bring premium collectible prices. That is how things become collectible under normal circumstances. These circumstances are artificially contrived, unless they are being sold like art, like limited edition lithographs. In THAT case, I think that ALL sideshow and Bowen collectibles should be individually signed and numbered by the original sculptors, and treated as ART.

Last edited:
Back