How Much Would You Pay For a 1/6th Scale Han In Carbonite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Much Would You Pay?

• $60-70

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • $70-80

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • $80-90

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • $90-100

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • $100+

Votes: 25 18.0%

• Total voters
Customikey said:
What's wrong with Hasbro's Carbonite slab? The sculpted one, not the "light up" one. I've got it, and I like it quite a bit. Needs a repaint, but the svulpt seems pretty good!
I think it looks to fat but thats just my opinion on that one.

KitFisto said:
Well, to be honest, I have not see nthe Hasbro one in person so I was not sure how good or bad it was.

I don't expect a SS version be $10 bucks, but I don't know that I'd shell out $100 bucks for it either. I'd have to see it and it also depends on what it's made of.

Well, I'm expecting it to be mader in a way that justifies that price and I do honestly think there is more to it than what's being talked about.

IF SSC makes a Carbo Han, no point in paying more that $60. Plastic is fine. I feel SSC overcharged us for the Jabba throne, and I say once is enough!

But I rather have a new figure than a 'slab'...

I don't think overcharge and Jabba's slab go in the same sentence. Once people see it in hand I think they'll understand more why it cost so much.

Overcharge is definitely an issue.

$40 for salacious and 2 little creatures? come on now...

you mean the one tiny slug thing that is probably as big as my finger nail? :monkey1

jlcmsu said:
I don't think overcharge and Jabba's slab go in the same sentence. Once people see it in hand I think they'll understand more why it cost so much.

Yes, seeing it in person definately gives you the value of the piece. To me, this is one of those items you would see in a museum and only dream of owning. It was very impressive. I looked at it everyday of SDCC. There was some cool stuff there now I wish I had looked at more, but that just shows to me how impressive this thing is.

I don't think Carbo Han should be more than $100 even with lights. They could make him out of that Polyfoam the used for Freddy's Furnace. It is sturdy, looks great, and was cheaper than Polystone. Freddy's Furnace could have been near Jabba Throne prices if it was polystone!

nash said:
you mean the one tiny slug thing that is probably as big as my finger nail? :monkey1

There is Crumb and then 3 to 4 other creatures (exclusive bug). $33 is a great price, less than $11 each. Plus Sideshow could have just easily rounded it to $35, but gave us a more true value at $33. The Star Wars figure prices could have easily only been $3 more for Anakin's arm instead of $5, but they had always sold things in $5 incraments. If you don't want to pay more for more critters, then don't. If you want it, then you just have to buy it.

jlcmsu said:

We get along fine jlc... but I have to ask, no BEG you for a favor. I know this will sound like I am trying to be a smarta$$, but that's not it. That quote just gets tiresome over and over. Please just put that quote above in your signature and be done with it. That's the 13th time I have counted you replying that way in the past month. I respect your right to voice your opinion. But by now, everyone knows it. We can all agree on 3 things:

1.) You don't feel overcharged ... like many others.
2.) I feel overcharged ... like many others.
3.) We are not going to "convert" anyone. Everyone has their opinion and that's "all good."

Buttmunch said:
I don't think Carbo Han should be more than $100 even with lights. They could make him out of that Polyfoam the used for Freddy's Furnace. It is sturdy, looks great, and was cheaper than Polystone. Freddy's Furnace could have been near Jabba Throne prices if it was polystone!

I voted 60 to 70 because, even with lights, its not worth more than 60 by itself. As someone else mentioned, if they included a wall environment, I might be willing to go higher based on complexity of the environment. As Buttmunch pointed out, they were able to make the Furnance environment for 45 bucks back in the day. That item was more limited than an eventual Han Carbonite, so I think inflation versus items produced cancel each other out. A 1/4 scale Han in Carbonite SHOULD NOT be made of polystone. Polystone is fragile and prone to breakage. About the only way I see it being made of polystone is if its part of a wall sculpt - i.e. permanently attached. And I don't want that. I want a piece I can display laying down some of the time (with an eventual Colt 45...er, I mean Lando) and standing up at other times. Why is every one here such a Polystone-addict? While I would have prefered a cheap material for Jabba throne, I can accept it as polystone. It has to support his weight and its not meant to be moved or handled a lot. But that wouldn't work with Carbo-Han. That design would lead to shorter product life and artificially inflate the price. Plaster innards with some kind of synthetic outside (similar to the material with Freddy's Furnace) and, even with lights, they can sell that bad boy for 60 bucks and still rake in the profit.

2 other things:

1.) What if they resculpted Han's face (hair and some lyposuction) and made it a 2 pack : Carbo Han and Carbonite Sickness Han? A 80 to 100 dollar exclusive 2 Pack at a future convention. That way, you create one of those "aw snap" pieces for the conventions, that won't anger the casual fan who would go, "eh, already got Bespin Han, don't need it."

2.) This is more of an aside: I like Sideshow. I love their stuff. However, they are a business. And, much like other items in the real world, if we start telling them that we will pay anything ... that they are the greatest no matter what ... basically giving them a virtua' handjob with our hard earned money, we will get less quality and higher prices. Lets not even do polls like this. Lets stick by the mantra, show us quality and then lets discuss a price. Otherwise, our Star Wars line will eventual have its Faith and Willow. Believe it.

Buttmunch said:
Yes, seeing it in person definately gives you the value of the piece. To me, this is one of those items you would see in a museum and only dream of owning. It was very impressive. I looked at it everyday of SDCC. There was some cool stuff there now I wish I had looked at more, but that just shows to me how impressive this thing is.

That's how I was with this thing. Which is why I feel the way I do.

Buttmunch said:

I agree. I dont think it should be more than $100.

DouglasMcc said:
We get along fine jlc... but I have to ask, no BEG you for a favor. I know this will sound like I am trying to be a smarta$$, but that's not it. That quote just gets tiresome over and over. Please just put that quote above in your signature and be done with it. That's the 13th time I have counted you replying that way in the past month. I respect your right to voice your opinion. But by now, everyone knows it. We can all agree on 3 things:

Sorry that bugs you but I'm gonna keep saying it. It bears repeating. Everyone knows the way I feel on most products. So should I quit posting altogether? I'm sure several would like that, but I'm not going to quit. So people need to just ignore my posts that annoy them. I'm sure plenty of them get ignored anyway.

Why are you counting anyway? :lol

DouglasMcc said:
3.) We are not going to "convert" anyone. Everyone has their opinion and that's "all good."

I'm not trying to convert anyone.

jlcmsu said:
I'm not trying to convert anyone.

"I am!!!"

tomsci_narrowweb__300x533,0.jpg

Hrm. I'd go for the Han Solo in Carbonite PF with lights.
to go with the Boba M'Fn Fett PF...

which means Tom will start ANOTHER "42" petition for the Han in Carbonite PF...

additional accessory for those who want it would be... a spotlight shine down on it. as for exclusivity? change the base.

regular edition: a base to keep it standing. usual.

exclusive: you can add a circular external ring base around the regular one to look like Han in Carbonite in Cloud City

I think this is a piece that can be done incredibly well for a low price. Polystone is too brittle for the carbonite slab to either look right or last long. It would take a smoother material with a finer consistency to capture the look of the movie prop. I think they could use a hard, dense plastic which would get the feel of the slab, and then focus on the sculpt and then the paint to make it stand out. Getting just the right wash in the paint and then crafting the perfect sculpt would make it spectacular without driving the price into the triple digit range. And as many have noted, electronics do not have to be elaborate nor expensive. Simple flashing lights on the side wouldn't cost much. The only thing that could make it more complicated would be the red glowing effect; although considering the fact that the FX sabers can be bought for less than $100, I see no reason for Han to exceed that range. It all depends on how resourceful and economic Sideshow wants to be. Regardless of how they choose to do it, however, it can be done cheaply and well. :cool:

Back