How Much Would You Pay For a 1/6th Scale Han In Carbonite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Much Would You Pay?

• $60-70

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • $70-80

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • $80-90

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • $90-100

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • $100+

Votes: 25 18.0%

• Total voters
tomandshell said:
"I am!!!"

tomsci_narrowweb__300x533,0.jpg

How much would you pay for Tom Cruise in Carbonite?

It's official. $200.00. I didn't even order with the intention of cancelation. Ultimately, our willingness to order and pay tells them what to price these at more than polls.

Very disappointing.

This piece is comparable to a dio, Jabba's Throne or a Macquette. have you read the specs? Its huge. $200 is about right.

I don't the 1/6 folk are used to paying polystone prices, this is a great price for what is essentially an 18" statue. Perhaps the lights, and whatever else is being likened to "accessories" normally found with 1/6 figures; but compare this to the LOTR,etc line of statues and it is a bargain.

:lecture

i voted low, but Jabba's Throne was exactly the same thing -- essentially a $230 slab. an accessory at that. no characters.

This piece is comparable to a dio, Jabba's Throne or a Macquette. have you read the specs? Its huge. $200 is about right.

Jabba's Throne (Exclusive) is on the aforementioned Gift Card List. It's huge? I don't think so, and so what? The Hot Toys Power Loader is huge, articulated, imported, and includes a 12" figure and lights. It was only $50.00 more than this.

It's nowhere near as big as the throne environment, anyway, a piece that was absolutely necessary to those who purchased Jabba.

I think Sideshow knows some people will pay this much and they will buy it out the gate. For the rest, they'll probably put it on sale later or the gift card program.

Last edited:
Jabba's Throne (Exclusive) is on the aforementioned Gift Card List. It's huge? I don't think so, and so what? The Hot Toys Power Loader is huge, articulated, imported, and includes a 12" figure and lights. It was only $50.00 more than this.

It's nowhere near as big as the throne environment, anyway, a piece that was absolutely necessary to those who purchased Jabba.

I think Sideshow knows some people will pay this much and they will buy it out the gate. For the rest, they'll probably put it on sale later or the gift card program.

Comparatively speaking, it is pretty friggin' huge for display with the 12" scale. 18.5" tall by 10" wide? That's a foot and a half high by nearly a foot wide. Considering most shelving units which 12" collectors use for display have about a 13-14" clearance, that screws over a lot of people and kinda dedicates this to an "on top" display exposing it to dust, pets, etc.

And I don't really get the comparison to the power loader. You can actually PLAY with the power loader and if not on display, can be disassembled and put away. Plus it also has working functions. This is literally a huge $200 paperweight.

Personally, I think they should've waited until they put out their Boba Fett. Right now, there's really only a Boussh display potential (since it was opposite Jabba's throne) But with a Boba, they might have had more success selling it then with the "versatile" display options. Additionally, the use of PVC (like the Boba PF), instead of polystone, IMO, would've been a better choice as well.

I also don't really understand the price point. $199? The Ex Belloq with fertility idol and temple alter was only $140 and actually comes with a $100 figure on the Prometheus with all his accessories. Is this really $60 more polystone?

Last edited:
The Power Loader comparison was really only to compare how much you expect in 1:6 as far as complexity, detail, features, etc. for $200-250, but your comparison to the Belloq w/ environment is maybe even better suited. Most of us would use this as a set piece to other figures (hence "environment"). It really boils down to the fact that they price it based upon demand and if demand is really high, they will charge more than just a reasonable profit. Belloq probably represents an item they make a reasonable profit on, but they know will only bear $140 with the idol stand as a value-added item. (Or is Belloq the value-added item, hmmmm....)

BTW, Sideshow deleted my comment on their site, so don't you dare complain about their pricing or you'll get censored. I wasn't even rude and yet the next guy's comment got through while he made a smirky, underhanded comment about Sideshow. :banghead

Comparatively speaking, it is pretty friggin' huge for display with the 12" scale. 18.5" tall by 10" wide? That's a foot and a half high by nearly a foot wide. Considering most shelving units which 12" collectors use for display have about a 13-14" clearance, that screws over a lot of people and kinda dedicates this to an "on top" display exposing it to dust, pets, etc.

Not a problem at all. IKEA has a display system that can handle such displays, easily. I actually have my Power Loader on it and it's 22" high. If anyone wants to see how the display case looks with figures on it, I can post a pic.

Back